Author Topic: New member with a question  (Read 511 times)

January 21, 2017, 03:28 PM #0

lil_kdogg Offline

• Vehicle: 97 accord
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lil_kdogg has no influence.

Let me start off with a quick short introduction. I owned 3 cars so far. My first car was 2 door manuel Acura el 2001. I bought it off a guy who had his handsfull with projects. The car had stage 3 clutch and transmission and then the little goodies in the hood, no turbo. I never built the car and i was just getting into cars when i had that so i didnt know too much. Long story short i raced in that car and drove it everyday knowing some things needed to fix and within 2 months of owning that car the engine blew. my 2nd car was a 2003 toyota corolla that i got for 2bills beat up but perfect running engine auto. I crashed it after 6 months because tires were bald and roads were wet. So i decided to do it right this and take care of my cars. i now have a 97 accord running good. Im about to keep the maintenance up on this car and get tints and some new speakers.

Ok guys I got a lot of big questions this is just one. In the spring time im going to be looking for a secondary car. The reason being is I want to get more hands on with my car, i've already started doing maintenance on my current car a 97 accord auto 4 door. I'm also looking to go to car meets so I want a car that looks good and not really a dime a dozen. I am tryna go to the track and i want a car i can use on occasion while i keep my accord my everyday car, I am not planning on keeping the car for more than a year as i have projects in mind i want to do for the future(big dreams) and for this car ill just do a little simple tuning.I was thinking mazda rx8 but another person on another forum steered me to the GTIR.  So what do you guys think?

Top Tier Imports

New member with a question
    « on: January 21, 2017, 03:28 PM »

January 23, 2017, 09:25 AM #1

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
    • Reputation Power: 173
    • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
    A GTIR as in, a Nissan Pulsar? If so, you might be hard pressed to find parts as this car wasn't offered in Canada.
    It does have an SR20, so that may okay for finding parts, but as far as suspension (which you'd likely want to upgrade for the "track") and body parts (headlights, seat belts, for getting it saftied) may lead to be difficult.

If you're tlaking about another GTIR then disregard :lol:
    Originally posted by Madbuzz41
    I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

January 23, 2017, 04:41 PM #2

lil_kdogg Offline

I was talking nissan pulsar. THey're a few out in canada. Some one told me the 5k i would spend buying is what i will have to spend in upgrades. So I dont know how i feel about that. If i up my budget to 10k i could get a rx7, skyline gtt, evo 4-6, skyline r32-33. And if i up it to 15k I can get supra, evo7, WRX, etc. With that being said I might broaden my views to 10k. Any suggestions  or help? if i get a 10k then ill keep it for longer.

January 23, 2017, 05:14 PM #3

nickcoldwell Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Evo X Mr (sold), 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD.
        • Reputation Power: 10
        • nickcoldwell has no influence.
        Originally posted by lil_kdogg
        I was talking nissan pulsar. THey're a few out in canada. Some one told me the 5k i would spend buying is what i will have to spend in upgrades. So I dont know how i feel about that. If i up my budget to 10k i could get a rx7, skyline gtt, evo 4-6, skyline r32-33. And if i up it to 15k I can get supra, evo7, WRX, etc. With that being said I might broaden my views to 10k. Any suggestions  or help? if i get a 10k then ill keep it for longer.

It sounds to me like you haven't made up your mind on what you really want to dump your money into.

When you find the right car you'll know that it was meant for you to buy, look for something that gives you a good feeling inside. (as cheesy as that may sound, you don't wanna buy a car just because the forums said buy that car), it's all subjective.

Other things I would keep in mind are, replacement parts/maintenance, which leads into having local/online community who may be able to help you out. If you're going to buy a random Japanese auction car that nobody has heard of you might find yourself asking a lot of questions and going through a lot of hassle just to be original.

All that being said...It's all about how confident you are and what you got in the bank at the end of the day.

Good-Luck!

January 24, 2017, 10:20 AM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
          • Reputation Power: 183
          • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

January 24, 2017, 06:47 PM #5

lil_kdogg Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
          Welcome.

What do you do for a living?

How "lil" are you k dogg?

lol

im a young aspiring entrepenuer, but right now i work a few job for more than 1 source of income.

January 24, 2017, 06:56 PM #6

lil_kdogg Offline

Originally posted by nickcoldwell

It sounds to me like you haven't made up your mind on what you really want to dump your money into.

When you find the right car you'll know that it was meant for you to buy, look for something that gives you a good feeling inside. (as cheesy as that may sound, you don't wanna buy a car just because the forums said buy that car), it's all subjective.

Other things I would keep in mind are, replacement parts/maintenance, which leads into having local/online community who may be able to help you out. If you're going to buy a random Japanese auction car that nobody has heard of you might find yourself asking a lot of questions and going through a lot of hassle just to be original.

All that being said...It's all about how confident you are and what you got in the bank at the end of the day.

Good-Luck!

Rght now i might have my mind set on an rx7 twin turbo i see them going from 8k cad to about 16k, I think that would be a good car for me . I also was thinking evo 4 but ill save that for when im ready for a new daily. I was also thinking evo 7  or 9 but i wont get that untill im ready to get rid of my daily and then go for  7 or 9.

January 24, 2017, 07:56 PM #7

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
              • Reputation Power: 183
              • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
              What about saving money for one year. That way you are not buying a car you like because it's in your budget, you buy a car you want because you can afford it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

January 24, 2017, 11:05 PM #8

fc3sxe Offline

• Vehicle: 1986 Mazda RX-7
                • Reputation Power: 5
                • fc3sxe has no influence.
                Just a word of advice if you're on a tight budget steer away from RX-7s, I've had mine for close to two years now and driven it about two weeks in total. On another note finding an fd or a turbo fc for close to 10k is going to be very difficult and if you do find one chances are is its going to need a good amount of money dumped into it

January 25, 2017, 10:36 AM #9

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                  • Reputation Power: 173
                  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by fc3sxe
                  Just a word of advice if you're on a tight budget steer away from RX-7s, I've had mine for close to two years now and driven it about two weeks in total. On another note finding an fd or a turbo fc for close to 10k is going to be very difficult and if you do find one chances are is its going to need a good amount of money dumped into it
                  Not to mention they're probably one of the least reliable vehicles you could import.
                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                  I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

January 27, 2017, 10:35 PM #10

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                    • Reputation Power: 160
                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                    Originally posted by lil_kdogg

lol

im a young aspiring entrepenuer, but right now i work a few job for more than 1 source of income.
                    Sooo

You sell drugs?

Welcome to TTI.
                    (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

Top Tier Imports

New member with a question
                      « Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 10:35 PM »