Author Topic: '01 SF Forester something wrong with my driveline... help  (Read 166 times)

February 02, 2017, 10:21 PM #0

20binafd Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT (RIP), SF Forester
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 20binafd has no influence.
My 2001 forester MT is making a lot of squeaking/thumping noise from the underside, whether in gear or not. Thought a u-joint was the culprit but after taking out my driveshaft, it looks to be in good condition. I recorded a video of the sound, if anyone has any idea what this sound might be let me know. It appears to make more noise while in gear and off throttle. The sound increases in rate the faster I go and is not dependent on what gear I'm in. My clutch and shifting feels normal. At one point it made a high pitch screech/squeal that increased with vehicle speed, but the following time I went to drive it and ever since, it went back to making the sound you hear in the video. Seems to come from between the driver and passenger, though it's hard to pinpoint. Any help or suggestion or resource is super appreciated

edit: my buddy asked what sound? so to clarify, sounds like the ****ing wheel on the price is right  :'(
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:28 PM by 20binafd

Top Tier Imports

'01 SF Forester something wrong with my driveline... help
    « on: February 02, 2017, 10:21 PM »