Author Topic: Anyone own a Subaru Crosstrek?  (Read 477 times)

February 03, 2017, 09:31 AM #0

FIJIFTW Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Honda Civic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • FIJIFTW has no influence.
Hi just wondering if any members here own a Subaru Crosstrek.

Thinking of getting one myself, but have a few questions.

I am trying to make a deal with JP Subaru on Regent, and these guys will not give a good deal.

Wondering how much other people paid?

Thanks

Top Tier Imports

Anyone own a Subaru Crosstrek?
    « on: February 03, 2017, 09:31 AM »

February 03, 2017, 10:42 AM #1

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
    • Reputation Power: 369
    • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
    Supply & demand is my theory. The problem with Subarus is that many people buy em and keep em for a long time. This makes used ones harder to find, and allows the dealer to price them how they want cause people will pay.

Who are you dealing with there? Ask for Kirby (@kirbssssss) and tell him you're from TTI.

February 03, 2017, 12:04 PM #2

Zach1 Offline

• Vehicle: 06 RAV4, 2000 Civic Hatch
      • Reputation Power: 67
      • Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!
      Originally posted by Shaun
      Supply & demand is my theory. The problem with Subarus is that many people buy em and keep em for a long time. This makes used ones harder to find, and allows the dealer to price them how they want cause people will pay.

Who are you dealing with there? Ask for Kirby (@kirbssssss) and tell him you're from TTI.

This,

My parents friends had older Forester's and Impreza's which they owned for a long time and then traded up to newer Subaru's in the last two years or so. From talking with them (Parents wanted a newer Subaru at the time) they typically only got around $500-$600 off.

Also @kirbssssss is a good salesman to deal with, and if you mention you're from TTI never hurts.
      Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:07 PM by Zach1

February 03, 2017, 12:47 PM #3

AA_ron Offline

• Vehicle: 99 JDM Forester STB Type A 5MT
        • Reputation Power: 22
        • AA_ron barely matters.AA_ron barely matters.
        Hello. My dad and I recently purchased (leased) a 2016 Crosstrek Touring from JP Subaru through @kirbssssss. We pretty much paid sticker price and got a few freebies here and there. May I know what kind of a "good deal" it is that you are not getting?
        Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:01 PM by AA_ron

February 03, 2017, 12:52 PM #4

nclark613 Offline

• Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek
          • nclark613 has no influence.
          I have owned a 2016 Crosstrek (Sport model, but that should be taken lightly as these are not sporty), Manual transmission, since Oct 2016. We paid just under 26K and that included WeatherTech mats. This vehicle is great, but not a lot of power. I live in Whitehorse, YT, so the close to 9 inches of clearance was a big factor. We spend a fair amount of time on rough roads/trails, hauling boards, bikes, skis, etc. and it has been fantastic. The cost of the vehicle also reflects a surcharge for being up north, though its added in the price, so I don't know the exact amount.

Are you looking at manual or CVT?

Let me know what other questions you have.
          A drink a day keeps the shrink away.....

February 03, 2017, 02:21 PM #5

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
            • Reputation Power: 239
            • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
            Just out of curiosity, what kind of a "deal" are you looking for. Dealers incorporate a certain percentage for profit so they will be limited to how much of a discount they can give you. This is even more true for a specialized maker such as Subaru. I've purchased an an STI back in 2014 and was not able to get much of a deal but the guys at Frontier (at that time it was the only subaru dealership around) were able to add in some extras.

If you are looking for thousands off of a new crosstrek I think you will be disappointed and you might want to try looking at other brands.
            2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
            2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

February 07, 2017, 11:52 AM #6

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
              • Reputation Power: 194
              • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
              Do you need warranty? Why not talk to the guys at Nott Autocorp?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

February 21, 2017, 11:38 AM #7

mr.whiskers Offline

• Vehicle: Chevy Cavalier
                • mr.whiskers has no influence.
                I just heard of someone in Torono buy one for 20k + tax

Top Tier Imports

Anyone own a Subaru Crosstrek?
                  « Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 11:38 AM »