Author Topic: 1989 Toyota Supra Build  (Read 1141 times)

April 01, 2017, 12:05 AM #25

Soupy Offline

• Vehicle: 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Soupy has no influence.
Another update since the last time I posted.

With both subframes and the gastank dropped I utilized this time and undercoated the car, which turned out quite nice

My last shipment of powdercoated parts also came in and they turned out quite nice. Mainly it was miscellaneous parts that included suspension parts, motor mount brackets, my air intake manifold, etc

I also mounted up the front subframe and started assembling the front suspension.

The areas that arent undercoated around the coilovers wont be seen as there a plastic wheel well cover.
The gas tank I spray bombed it silver and it turned out decent

Along with that I painted the rebuilt diff a black and silver

I also mocked up how my valve covers would look (very white like the car)

That pretty much sums up this update, the only thing holding me up is the machine shop and once the block is back it shouldnt be long before its back on the streets (May hopefully).

Top Tier Imports

That Mk3 Supra Build
    « Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 12:05 AM »

April 01, 2017, 09:44 AM #26

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 98
    • Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
    Man this is looking bad ass!! Cant wait to see more, its turning into a really clean and well done build!
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

April 01, 2017, 11:58 AM #27

Igor Online

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
      • Reputation Power: 221
      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
      That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

April 23, 2017, 03:54 PM #28

Soupy Offline

• Vehicle: 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
        • Reputation Power: 5
        • Soupy has no influence.
        Another little update, putting together most of the suspension has been completed. I installed the new fuel pump and put the fuel tank up. Beforehand I had the hangers powercoated and I spraybombed the gas tank a silver. Along with this I mounted the rear subframe and the differential. All the bolts have been sandblasted and painted as well.

I got my spindles back from the shop I had new seals and bearings pressed in. Most of the front suspension is put together minus the tie rod ends.

Currently just trying to figure out the rear spindles, the outer seal doesnt appear to fit so hopefully itll be figured out soon enough so the rear suspension can go in.

April 23, 2017, 05:07 PM #29

Igor Online

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
          • Reputation Power: 221
          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
          Everything looks so new! It's beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

April 24, 2017, 09:11 AM #30

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
            • Reputation Power: 98
            • Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
            shiny :)
            BAASSSSSSS
            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

1989 Toyota Supra Build
              « Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 09:11 AM »