Author Topic: 12 Subaru WRX hatch front bumper/body kit?  (Read 1022 times)

February 14, 2017, 10:30 AM #0

wrxdenzel Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Subaru WRX Hatchback
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wrxdenzel has no influence.
So i recently bottomed out and the front of my bumper smacked a rail road and cracked it pretty bad in two spots, i don't think il be able to fix(if you think you know somewhere il post pics and you can let me know if it's fixable) it so i wanted to ask for some suggestions on some different style front bumpers i could get because i can't stand looking at my cracked bumper another day, i don't want any Duraflex stuff even tho i like their designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

12 Subaru WRX hatch front bumper/body kit?
    « on: February 14, 2017, 10:30 AM »

February 14, 2017, 11:41 AM #1

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
    • Reputation Power: 247
    • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
    A lot of aftermarket bumpers are going to be fiberglass and will be even more brittle. Your best bet is to get an oem bumper cover if you want something that is durable. Post up some pics of the damage. If all the parts are there it is possible to plastic weld cracks and then painted, however, it's usually cheaper to just buy a new bumper. New bumper online is about $200 USD plus shipping and then you would have to paint it just like any other bumper.
    2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
    2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

February 14, 2017, 01:07 PM #2

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
      • Reputation Power: 370
      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
      Get a Varis bumper

Or get the full widebody kit

:10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10:

February 14, 2017, 02:01 PM #3

Zach1 Offline

• Vehicle: 06 RAV4, 2000 Civic Hatch
        • Reputation Power: 71
        • Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.Zach1 has a powerful will.
        Originally posted by Shaun
        Get a Varis bumper

+1 for Varis 

February 14, 2017, 02:36 PM #4

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
          • Reputation Power: 56
          • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
          i just dislike that the varis grill area is modeled after the earlier model, the 2011 and later grill is way nicer
          It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

February 15, 2017, 04:10 PM #5

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 10
            • dan has no influence.
            Originally posted by Igor
            A lot of aftermarket bumpers are going to be fiberglass and will be even more brittle. Your best bet is to get an oem bumper cover if you want something that is durable. Post up some pics of the damage. If all the parts are there it is possible to plastic weld cracks and then painted, however, it's usually cheaper to just buy a new bumper. New bumper online is about $200 USD plus shipping and then you would have to paint it just like any other bumper.
            Aftermarket OEM bumpers through Pro Body are decently priced, and they are not fiberglass.

@wrxdenzel I would give them a shout to see if you can get one from them.

February 16, 2017, 03:24 AM #6

wrxdenzel Offline

Originally posted by Shaun
              Get a Varis bumper

if only i had 2k usd to drop i would, trust me

February 16, 2017, 03:28 AM #7

wrxdenzel Offline

Originally posted by Igor
                alright thanks that might be my best bet but here's the damage, it might not be the biggest deal to some people but it bugs me so much

February 16, 2017, 08:33 AM #8

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                  • Reputation Power: 199
                  • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

February 16, 2017, 09:28 AM #9

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                  • Reputation Power: 206
                  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by themikewoo
                  Take it to a body shop to get a quote or make an MPI claim?
                  I think you would get demerits, which will cost you more in the long run. Or at very least you'd pay the deductible
                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                  I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

February 16, 2017, 09:45 AM #10

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                    • Reputation Power: 247
                    • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                    Colin is correct. You will get dinged with demerits.

That looks repairable if you have the time. Most shops will just replace it however because it's not worth the labour. If you're up to the task you can get yourself a plastic welder and try fixing it yourself otherwise look for something used online or buy new.
                    2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                    2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

February 16, 2017, 09:50 AM #11

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                      Originally posted by jordisonjr
                      I think you would get demerits, which will cost you more in the long run. Or at very least you'd pay the deductible
                      Yeah that maybe true but this might be the cheaper option. Let's say this person is at the maximum (+15 I believe) so he can afford to take a -5 hit and this way it is replace or repaired by a professional.

He's got a Subaru, in sure expenses are not his concern. They are not cheap cars to own or maintain.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

February 16, 2017, 10:10 AM #12

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
                        • Reputation Power: 56
                        • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
                        the bumper almost costs as much as most peoples deductible, so no point not to go new
                        It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

February 16, 2017, 08:42 PM #13

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
                          • Reputation Power: 20
                          • cluelessk barely matters.cluelessk barely matters.
                          If that was a claim we'd replace it. Bumpers rarely get repaired unless it's just minor scrapes. No cracks. But it is repairable just probably not cost effective.

Most bumpers run about $500 before paint. Paint costs will be around the same.
                          [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

February 16, 2017, 10:27 PM #14

Imprzme Offline

• Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
                            • Imprzme barely matters.Imprzme barely matters.
                            You won't get demerits for making a claim. You'll lose "safe driver points" which means you'll pay more for your insurance and license while you recover those points.
                            Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

February 17, 2017, 06:33 AM #15

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                              Originally posted by Imprzme
                              You won't get demerits for making a claim. You'll lose "safe driver points" which means you'll pay more for your insurance and license while you recover those points.

https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/DSR/Pages/DSROverview.aspx

February 17, 2017, 08:03 AM #16

Imprzme Offline

• Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
                                • Imprzme barely matters.Imprzme barely matters.
                                Crap, they do call them merits/demerits....my bad!
                                Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

Top Tier Imports

12 Subaru WRX hatch front bumper/body kit?
                                  « Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 08:03 AM »