Author Topic: Random chat  (Read 44776 times)

October 22, 2017, 03:04 PM #2625

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
Originally posted by alohaimmatt
Holy **** that sounds like a nightmare

Yeah, it definitely feels like one. I never had such a bad experience with a shop before.

Originally posted by #StreetFocus
I'd just give up the headache and go somewhere else....

I thought about it but unless they give me a refund , I paid $150 for it and I want the job done with a discount or I want my money back then Iíll go somewhere else. Iím not going to just give them my money and give up cause theyíre a bunch of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

Random chat
    « Reply #2625 on: October 22, 2017, 03:04 PM »

October 22, 2017, 06:10 PM #2626

alohaimmatt Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
    • Reputation Power: 14
    • alohaimmatt has no influence.
    Originally posted by Madbuzz41

If you paid by CC just do a chargeback if they don't refund you, your CC company will always fight on your side.

October 22, 2017, 07:25 PM #2627

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
      • Reputation Power: 19
      • cluelessk has no influence.
      They should NEVER let students work at professional shop. I officially hate Kal tire.

How else are they supposed to learn?

Management sounds like the issue. No new tech will do great work if he's surrounded by slackers.
      [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

October 22, 2017, 08:56 PM #2628

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
        • Reputation Power: 128
        • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
        They should NEVER let students work at professional shop. I officially hate Kal tire.

On the same page as @cluelessk

It seems like a couple of things.

The employees are lazy. Not trying to solve the problem and not WANTING to learn. Just deal with it until they give up and push it out the door.

The other employees most likely reinforce that behaviour by doing the same things themselves.

Management isnt taking the time to properly train and educate the new employees on how to properly do the procedure. Education and training is a costly thing that most places cant afford since the turn over is high and time is short. They think "why bother" and let the rookies just donk around until they either quit or get fired... for lack of effort or knowledge. Go figure.

Now, I dont know your truck, and I am not in any way saying that you have set it up wrong. Is there a chance that your lift/tire combo is messing with the suspension that is making it difficult to align?

If you end up going elsewhere, the techs at Gerry Gordons were awesome with my legacy when it was lowered, they had the only inground lift at the time.

Which location are you going to? The Kal Tire on Warman has always provided me with excellent customer and tire service.
        '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
        '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
        IG: colby_spence
        Snap: cspence47

October 23, 2017, 09:08 AM #2629

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
          • Reputation Power: 85
          • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
          Did you get a read out showing what's out of spec still?

October 23, 2017, 05:21 PM #2630

alohaimmatt Offline

Just had surgery on my humerus, I'm all plated up and transitioning into a cyborg! Hopefully I'll be back to driving in a couple of weeks! :alien:

October 25, 2017, 01:35 PM #2631

Madbuzz41 Offline

To the guys that read my rant about my front end alignment . This is the completed job.

October 26, 2017, 12:33 PM #2632

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                Guys it snowed.

October 26, 2017, 02:52 PM #2633

#StreetFocus Offline

Jesus, does no one prepare early for snow? One of our customers is a tire distributor, between 5 tire shops we have tires for today, there are 71 tires. 90% are winter's.

First snow and everyone starts freaking out.

October 26, 2017, 04:52 PM #2634

alohaimmatt Offline

Originally posted by #StreetFocus
                    Jesus, does no one prepare early for snow? One of our customers is a tire distributor, between 5 tire shops we have tires for today, there are 71 tires. 90% are winter's.

First snow and everyone starts freaking out.

Buckle up for this one.

I ordered a set of WS80s for my WRX a few weeks ago at Costco on Regent. They came in last week and I wanted Costco to remove the summers from my extra wheel set, put the winters on them. I dropped everything off on Saturday at around 9am, they said it would take up to 48 hours. No problem, I have a broken arm and can't drive so take your time. Call them on 8 times yesterday trying to figure out whats going on, they don't pick up. Finally call me back at around 4pm saying their machine broke that mounts tyres on wheels, tell me I can wait until they fix it (they don't know how long) or take to another Costco.

Get to Costco Regent, grab my ****, have to do a refund on the portion of the receipt for the mounting and balancing, fine whatever. Drive to Costco St. James, explain everything to the woman at the front desk she says fine they can take care of it and to pull up to the gate to drop everything off. Tech meets us at the gate and starts saying **** that they can't keep them overnight, they're super busy, he hasn't had a break all day, started saying that Costco Regent lied their machine broke cause they're busy and want to unload their work on the St James location, not my problem dude you guys said you can do it. Then he starts saying that it might take days to do cause they're so busy, like do you not see my broken arm? I don't care if it takes a week just get it done. He goes on to say that tyres and stuff get lost, etc. and the woman at the front desk comes by tells him to get his **** together and that we're all good to go.

Hopefully this is the last headache, but I'm not impressed with either Costco right now. And if they do in fact lose any of my tyres of damage my wheels I'm going to royally flip **** on those idiots.

October 26, 2017, 05:19 PM #2635

#StreetFocus Offline

Sounds like a nightmare. I don't think I'd ever get a place like Costco, or Walmart or anything to do stuff like that.

Luckily I've got family that owns a tire shop haha. I just mount/balance my own **** on weekends or evenings. And access to a lift is pretty awesome too.

October 27, 2017, 10:56 AM #2636

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                        • Reputation Power: 126
                        • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                        Buckle up for this one.

I ordered a set of WS80s for my WRX a few weeks ago at Costco on Regent. They came in last week and I wanted Costco to remove the summers from my extra wheel set, put the winters on them. I dropped everything off on Saturday at around 9am, they said it would take up to 48 hours. No problem, I have a broken arm and can't drive so take your time. Call them on 8 times yesterday trying to figure out whats going on, they don't pick up. Finally call me back at around 4pm saying their machine broke that mounts tyres on wheels, tell me I can wait until they fix it (they don't know how long) or take to another Costco.

Get to Costco Regent, grab my ****, have to do a refund on the portion of the receipt for the mounting and balancing, fine whatever. Drive to Costco St. James, explain everything to the woman at the front desk she says fine they can take care of it and to pull up to the gate to drop everything off. Tech meets us at the gate and starts saying **** that they can't keep them overnight, they're super busy, he hasn't had a break all day, started saying that Costco Regent lied their machine broke cause they're busy and want to unload their work on the St James location, not my problem dude you guys said you can do it. Then he starts saying that it might take days to do cause they're so busy, like do you not see my broken arm? I don't care if it takes a week just get it done. He goes on to say that tyres and stuff get lost, etc. and the woman at the front desk comes by tells him to get his **** together and that we're all good to go.

Hopefully this is the last headache, but I'm not impressed with either Costco right now. And if they do in fact lose any of my tyres of damage my wheels I'm going to royally flip **** on those idiots.

Wow this is brutal, I remember last year when I bought my WS-80's it took them almost a month to get them in stock and then they sold them to someone else! Then they happened to find another set and gave me those.
                        BAASSSSSSS
                        I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                        My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                        Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

October 27, 2017, 10:57 AM #2637

alohaimmatt Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                          Wow this is brutal, I remember last year when I bought my WS-80's it took them almost a month to get them in stock and then they sold them to someone else! Then they happened to find another set and gave me those.

At this point I expect them to lose all my ****, I don't really have any faith in them.

October 27, 2017, 10:59 AM #2638

#StreetFocus Offline

I don't blame you. They sound useless.

October 27, 2017, 02:20 PM #2639

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                              • Reputation Power: 94
                              • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                              They were fine the last 2 sets of tires I got from them ... ymmv during busy season
                              Current Forester count: 1
                              Owner, Next Level Escapes

October 27, 2017, 02:44 PM #2640

blankk Offline

• Vehicle: positive funds
                                • Reputation Power: 3
                                • blankk has no influence.
                                hi parents

October 28, 2017, 09:52 AM #2641

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                                  • Reputation Power: 126
                                  • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                                  At this point I expect them to lose all my ****, I don't really have any faith in them.
                                  At least the tires were a great deal
                                  BAASSSSSSS
                                  I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                                  My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                                  Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

October 28, 2017, 02:28 PM #2642

#StreetFocus Offline

So I'm supposed to get a part for my focus today, it's in Beausejour. We agree on a tube and I start driving. I get to Winnipeg, they cancel.... Fuuuuck why are people like this lol.

Side note, Maverick has no issues so far with extended periods of driving lol.

October 28, 2017, 07:18 PM #2643

alohaimmatt Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                                      At least the tires were a great deal

Very true. My dad swung by the place after work yesterday and they did all the work. Just didn't call anyone about it.....

At least this is all done now!

October 29, 2017, 08:08 PM #2644

Madbuzz41 Offline

I feel like with all this misting rain itíll be really icy in the morning

October 29, 2017, 10:41 PM #2645

#StreetFocus Offline

Probably. Was in the city today, bits of rain, sleet, and snow. Might be a fun drive in tomorrow.

October 30, 2017, 09:08 AM #2646

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                            • Reputation Power: 247
                                            • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                            Nope, streets were completely dry in the city.
                                            2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                            2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

October 30, 2017, 10:08 AM #2647

#StreetFocus Offline

Yeah it's like a different season in the city lol. Left home in the middle of a snow storm, 4-5" of snow, highways completely snow covered. Bout half way in, nothing.
                                              Highways were still a bit icy in some spots but no snow at all.

October 30, 2017, 06:47 PM #2648

Madbuzz41 Offline

I just want it to dump a bunch of snow already so I can go plow threw it. Drove all summer getting 13mpg for this

October 30, 2017, 07:11 PM #2649

#StreetFocus Offline

We've got a decent amount. Some pretty deep snow drifts down the backroads.

Ditches are full in most spots, might rip the sled out.

Top Tier Imports

Random chat
                                                    « Reply #2649 on: October 30, 2017, 07:11 PM »