Author Topic: Random chat  (Read 44798 times)

November 07, 2017, 01:25 PM #2675

Igor Offline

  • Posts: 6,293
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
    Location: Winnipeg
  • Real Name: Igor
  • Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
  • Reputation Power: 247
  • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
Woo package was finally delivered this morning :banana: I wish I was there to see the delivery guy.
2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

    Top Tier Imports

    Random chat
    « Reply #2675 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25 PM »

    November 07, 2017, 01:53 PM #2676

    #StreetFocus Offline

    • Regular Member
    • Posts: 1,653
    • Join Date: May 2016
    • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 85
    • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    Finally lol.

      November 08, 2017, 07:36 PM #2677

      Vince Offline

      • Regular Member
      • Posts: 5,366
      • Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Westwood
      • Vehicle: 2012 Si
      • Reputation Power: 174
      • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
      Rear page ripped off of my codebook which is spiral bound.

      Does anyone know of a place that can fix it? Would rather not let my codebook get ruined as they're not cheap.
      (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

      [May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

        November 11, 2017, 12:22 PM #2678

        dano Offline

        • Regular Member
        • Posts: 2,416
        • Join Date: Aug 2012
          Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
        • Real Name: Daniel G
        • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
        • Reputation Power: 94
        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
        Originally posted by Vince
        Rear page ripped off of my codebook which is spiral bound.

        Does anyone know of a place that can fix it? Would rather not let my codebook get ruined as they're not cheap.
        Use some electrical wire and electrical tape?
        Current Forester count: 1
        Owner, Next Level Escapes

          November 13, 2017, 10:03 AM #2679

          alohaimmatt Offline

          • Regular Member
          • Posts: 226
          • Join Date: Jun 2017
          • Real Name: Matt
          • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
          • Reputation Power: 14
          • alohaimmatt has no influence.
          Yesterday was my first day being able to drive again whoooooo! Can't shift into 2nd, 5th, 6th of reverse with my mangled arm but my left arm can manage. Basically no highway driving for a while though, but I'm super happy to not be stuck at home anymore!  :banana:

            November 13, 2017, 10:20 AM #2680

            #StreetFocus Offline

            • Regular Member
            • Posts: 1,653
            • Join Date: May 2016
            • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
            • Reputation Power: 85
            • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
            Freedom!

              November 13, 2017, 10:40 AM #2681

              dano Offline

              • Regular Member
              • Posts: 2,416
              • Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
              • Real Name: Daniel G
              • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
              • Reputation Power: 94
              • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
              Originally posted by alohaimmatt
              Yesterday was my first day being able to drive again whoooooo! Can't shift into 2nd, 5th, 6th of reverse with my mangled arm but my left arm can manage. Basically no highway driving for a while though, but I'm super happy to not be stuck at home anymore!  :banana:
              Get a JDM for the winter? Or an auto?
              Current Forester count: 1
              Owner, Next Level Escapes

                November 13, 2017, 10:44 AM #2682

                alohaimmatt Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 226
                • Join Date: Jun 2017
                • Real Name: Matt
                • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                • Reputation Power: 14
                • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                Originally posted by dano
                Get a JDM for the winter? Or an auto?

                No space right now :( planning on getting a house in the summer time so hopefully I'll have some more room then!

                  November 13, 2017, 11:40 AM #2683

                  Stefan Offline

                  • Regular Member
                  • Posts: 3,663
                  • Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Winnipeg
                  • Real Name: Stefan
                  • Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
                  • Reputation Power: 48
                  • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
                  Hello TTI long time no see
                  build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

                    November 13, 2017, 12:16 PM #2684

                    #StreetFocus Offline

                    • Regular Member
                    • Posts: 1,653
                    • Join Date: May 2016
                    • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                    • Reputation Power: 85
                    • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                    Hello Stefan.

                      November 13, 2017, 10:20 PM #2685

                      dano Offline

                      • Regular Member
                      • Posts: 2,416
                      • Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
                      • Real Name: Daniel G
                      • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                      • Reputation Power: 94
                      • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                      Originally posted by Stefan
                      Hello TTI long time no see
                      Haven't missed much
                      Current Forester count: 1
                      Owner, Next Level Escapes

                        November 15, 2017, 09:02 AM #2686

                        #StreetFocus Offline

                        • Regular Member
                        • Posts: 1,653
                        • Join Date: May 2016
                        • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                        • Reputation Power: 85
                        • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                        **** show of drivers today, it's almost comical how bad some people are.

                          November 15, 2017, 02:46 PM #2687

                          alohaimmatt Offline

                          • Regular Member
                          • Posts: 226
                          • Join Date: Jun 2017
                          • Real Name: Matt
                          • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                          • Reputation Power: 14
                          • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                          Cobb is having a sale 10% off on everything, and Perrin are having a 9% off everything sale as well.

                          Very tempted to get a CAI and AccessPort now...

                            November 15, 2017, 03:25 PM #2688

                            Ctown8 Offline

                            • Posts: 1,588
                            • Join Date: Nov 2013
                              Location: Sanford
                            • Real Name: Colin McAndrew
                            • Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                            • Reputation Power: 126
                            • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                            Originally posted by alohaimmatt
                            Cobb is having a sale 10% off on everything, and Perrin are having a 9% off everything sale as well.

                            Very tempted to get a CAI and AccessPort now...
                            for black friday?
                            BAASSSSSSS
                            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

                              November 15, 2017, 04:01 PM #2689

                              alohaimmatt Offline

                              • Regular Member
                              • Posts: 226
                              • Join Date: Jun 2017
                              • Real Name: Matt
                              • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                              • Reputation Power: 14
                              • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                              Originally posted by Ctown8
                              for black friday?

                              Pre Black Friday sale!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                November 15, 2017, 04:21 PM #2690

                                fruitloops Offline

                                • Regular Member
                                • Posts: 2,444
                                • Join Date: Jun 2013
                                • Reputation Power: 23
                                • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
                                is this forum dead
                                Bought, not Built.

                                  November 15, 2017, 04:24 PM #2691

                                  #StreetFocus Offline

                                  • Regular Member
                                  • Posts: 1,653
                                  • Join Date: May 2016
                                  • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                                  • Reputation Power: 85
                                  • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                                  Yes

                                    November 15, 2017, 04:29 PM #2692

                                    fruitloops Offline

                                    • Regular Member
                                    • Posts: 2,444
                                    • Join Date: Jun 2013
                                    • Reputation Power: 23
                                    • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
                                    wtf happened?
                                    Bought, not Built.

                                      November 15, 2017, 04:31 PM #2693

                                      #StreetFocus Offline

                                      • Regular Member
                                      • Posts: 1,653
                                      • Join Date: May 2016
                                      • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                                      • Reputation Power: 85
                                      • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                                      Just not active really lol. I dunno. I still post so I can't say why it's inactive. I mean it is winter now so that doesn't help.

                                        November 15, 2017, 06:33 PM #2694

                                        Colby Offline

                                        • Posts: 1,239
                                        • Join Date: Oct 2013
                                          Location: Springfield
                                        • Real Name: Colby
                                        • Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                                        • Reputation Power: 128
                                        • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
                                        Originally posted by alohaimmatt
                                        Cobb is having a sale 10% off on everything, and Perrin are having a 9% off everything sale as well.

                                        Very tempted to get a CAI and AccessPort now...

                                        Do I get an AP? The answer is YES!. There is so much left on the table with the FA20's. Although, you will want to do the intake hoseclamp mod that I did. The hose stock clamps loosen off with boost. BrenTuning has me at 20PSI, I almost **** myself on the first proper WOT pull... and Im limited to low power cause CVT.

                                        Do you want to do a custom E-Tune or run OTS Maps?

                                        If OTS, get th COBB Big SF pack. It is already mapped to work with your vehicle by COBB.

                                        If E-Tune, Id say go for the Mishimoto Intake.

                                        Regardless of which one you want to do the intake install should only be about 30 minutes. Another 15 Minutes to change the Intercooler and Throttle Body Hoseclamps.

                                        Give me a shout if you do it!
                                        '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                                        '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

                                        https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                                        IG: colby_spence
                                        Snap: cspence47

                                          November 15, 2017, 06:41 PM #2695

                                          alohaimmatt Offline

                                          • Regular Member
                                          • Posts: 226
                                          • Join Date: Jun 2017
                                          • Real Name: Matt
                                          • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                                          • Reputation Power: 14
                                          • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                                          Originally posted by Colby
                                          Do I get an AP? The answer is YES!. There is so much left on the table with the FA20's. Although, you will want to do the intake hoseclamp mod that I did. The hose stock clamps loosen off with boost. BrenTuning has me at 20PSI, I almost **** myself on the first proper WOT pull... and Im limited to low power cause CVT.

                                          Do you want to do a custom E-Tune or run OTS Maps?

                                          If OTS, get th COBB Big SF pack. It is already mapped to work with your vehicle by COBB.

                                          If E-Tune, Id say go for the Mishimoto Intake.

                                          Regardless of which one you want to do the intake install should only be about 30 minutes. Another 15 Minutes to change the Intercooler and Throttle Body Hoseclamps.

                                          Give me a shout if you do it!

                                          Definitely will let you know! I'm going to do an oil analysis before I start doing any real mods on the car just to make sure nothing ****y is going on. If everything looks good I'll probably start voiding warranties.

                                          I was looking at the Perrin CAI as they say it's safe to run w/o a tune. That's a whole other debate, but the COBB Big SF was the other one I was looking at. I think if anything I would use OTS for a while, then get an eTune. I saw your other post and I was already looking at Bren Tuning before hand, apparently lots of people have gotten good service from them.

                                            November 15, 2017, 07:06 PM #2696

                                            Colby Offline

                                            • Posts: 1,239
                                            • Join Date: Oct 2013
                                              Location: Springfield
                                            • Real Name: Colby
                                            • Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                                            • Reputation Power: 128
                                            • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
                                            Originally posted by alohaimmatt
                                            Definitely will let you know! I'm going to do an oil analysis before I start doing any real mods on the car just to make sure nothing ****y is going on. If everything looks good I'll probably start voiding warranties.

                                            I was looking at the Perrin CAI as they say it's safe to run w/o a tune. That's a whole other debate, but the COBB Big SF was the other one I was looking at. I think if anything I would use OTS for a while, then get an eTune. I saw your other post and I was already looking at Bren Tuning before hand, apparently lots of people have gotten good service from them.

                                            If you are going full racecar, or wanting super consistant and reliable boost. Get the Grimmspeed 3 Port EBCS. Super steady and stable boost levels. No spikes or fluctuations, overboosting or creep.

                                            I personally wouldnt do any intake tract changes without a tune to that specific CAI, especially after experiencing how sensitive this new gen is. After reading up on some stuff, the FA20DIT and its tuning style are about 8 times more sensitive to knock than the EJ's are.

                                            While the Perrin might win you some car shows, it still uses some OEM plumbing which is designed to slow down airflow. It also doesnt have a box, only a shield. This will allow a ton of hot air to get sucked in. The Mishi and COBB utilize an airbox to isolate the filter and use the stock funnel to plumb in cold force fed air.

                                            The Intake and 3 Port you cannot run without a tune and we cant really tune in our temps for the next few months...

                                            Get the parts on sale and sit on them till the spring!
                                            '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                                            '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

                                            https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                                            IG: colby_spence
                                            Snap: cspence47

                                              November 15, 2017, 07:44 PM #2697

                                              alohaimmatt Offline

                                              • Regular Member
                                              • Posts: 226
                                              • Join Date: Jun 2017
                                              • Real Name: Matt
                                              • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                                              • Reputation Power: 14
                                              • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                                              Originally posted by Colby
                                              If you are going full racecar, or wanting super consistant and reliable boost. Get the Grimmspeed 3 Port EBCS. Super steady and stable boost levels. No spikes or fluctuations, overboosting or creep.

                                              I personally wouldnt do any intake tract changes without a tune to that specific CAI, especially after experiencing how sensitive this new gen is. After reading up on some stuff, the FA20DIT and its tuning style are about 8 times more sensitive to knock than the EJ's are.

                                              While the Perrin might win you some car shows, it still uses some OEM plumbing which is designed to slow down airflow. It also doesnt have a box, only a shield. This will allow a ton of hot air to get sucked in. The Mishi and COBB utilize an airbox to isolate the filter and use the stock funnel to plumb in cold force fed air.

                                              The Intake and 3 Port you cannot run without a tune and we cant really tune in our temps for the next few months...

                                              Get the parts on sale and sit on them till the spring!

                                              Perrin does say you can ONLY run w/o a tune if your car is completely stock otherwise, I doubt they'd say that if they didn't believe it. I still wouldn't want to do that for the long run though. Yeah my plan was to just wait until the spring time. I also picked up an OLM Fog Light kit to install at that time too so while I'm already ripping that apart I can do the CAI too.

                                              I don't plan on getting too crazy, I just want more whooosssssh noises to go with the backfire!

                                                November 15, 2017, 09:22 PM #2698

                                                Madbuzz41 Offline

                                                • Regular Member
                                                • Posts: 2,055
                                                • Join Date: Aug 2014
                                                  Location: Winnipeg
                                                • Real Name: Kyle
                                                • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                                • Reputation Power: 13
                                                • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                                Originally posted by #StreetFocus
                                                Just not active really lol. I dunno. I still post so I can't say why it's inactive. I mean it is winter now so that doesn't help.

                                                Cause they kicked us out to the truck thread


                                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                  November 16, 2017, 09:20 AM #2699

                                                  #StreetFocus Offline

                                                  • Regular Member
                                                  • Posts: 1,653
                                                  • Join Date: May 2016
                                                  • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                                                  • Reputation Power: 85
                                                  • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                                                  Guys it's almost Friday.

                                                    Top Tier Imports

                                                    Random chat
                                                    « Reply #2699 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20 AM »