Author Topic: 2jz swap info please  (Read 266 times)

March 13, 2017, 07:31 PM #0

harvardman Offline

• Vehicle: 88 mazda 929
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • harvardman has no influence.
so I am planning a father son project and I need info as to what I need to put a 2jz into a north American vehicle . Does someone make an aftermarket harness and computer for that ? are all 2jz engines the same ? basically I need computer and wiring info as I think the install shouldnt be too bad lol ..thank you for your time .. not looking for smartass comments or hate messages from the purists ....

Top Tier Imports

2jz swap info please
    « on: March 13, 2017, 07:31 PM »

March 13, 2017, 08:46 PM #1

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
    • Reputation Power: 123
    • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!

March 13, 2017, 08:54 PM #2

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
    • Reputation Power: 42
    • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
    It depends on budget. 
    If your trying to keep the factory ecu and integrate it into a North American model car, your best bet would probably be a gs300/400 or a sc300/400.
    There are plug and play ecu kits from aem and a few others that make that engine swap way easier from a electrical standpoint but they alone are a few thousand without acquiring the drivetrain.
    The toyota forums are your friend as lots of info is out there about the motors and ecu Pinouts. 
    Are you looking to swap it into something with the factory auto or manual trans?
    D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
    04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
    Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
    http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

March 13, 2017, 09:32 PM #3

harvardman Offline

• Vehicle: 88 mazda 929
      • Reputation Power: 1
      • harvardman has no influence.
      want to swap an engine and standard trans into an s10  am ok with using factory ecu and harness just kind need info to cut down on the non essential wiring ..

March 15, 2017, 12:35 AM #4

Vex Offline

• Vehicle: 84 Rx7 GSL, 2000 forester stb
        • Reputation Power: 7
        • Vex has no influence.
        When I did my swap at first I got the engine harness and ecu only.

It didn't work for 2 reasons.

1) The body harness to the fuse box contains a million fuses for various engine controlling modules. To adapt your current fuse box to work with the new engine harness was harder than making the new fuse box adapt to the your old body harness. I.e: Using the new fusebox from the 2jz donor and wiring in your old radio, turn signals, ...etc into that. Instead of trying to wire your new harness into your old fuse box.

2)The body harness from the donor car creates a circuit that you'll leave open if you don't bypass it, or wire in the donor-car body harness. You can do what I did, and go through every single pin on the ecu, figure out if you need it or not and close/loop it. but it's a huge job.

This is assuming that you aren't getting a custom/pre-made harness and plan to do the work yourself. The whole donor-car wiring diagram will be your bible. http://www.shoarmateam.nl/upload/MKIVSupra/2JZ-GTE%20ECU.jpg

March 24, 2017, 05:29 PM #5

matt_m Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
          • matt_m has no influence.
          I have a stock 2jz tt ECU and HKS fcon v-pro fuel tuner w/adapter harness if your interested (You cannot tune the FCON yourself.. or without the paid software that only registered HKS pro dealers can get... Only one is in Alberta..). PM me if your interested.

Top Tier Imports

2jz swap info please
            « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29 PM »