Author Topic: Interesting article: Flashing a non-factory map to newer vehicles, detectable? Thoughts?  (Read 127 times)

March 21, 2017, 07:59 AM #0

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
http://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20170307/goof-of-the-month-from-boosted-to-busted/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Display&utm_content=Native-NF-20170307_GOTM_Boosted&utm_campaign=CA-DSP-DM-EN-CONTENT#hSXWsQaAKHPxO1ou.97

Just wanna share, especially for those who has newer models that's currently in the dilemma of whether to buy an AP or not.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

Top Tier Imports

March 21, 2017, 09:02 AM #1

Imprzme Offline

• Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
    • Reputation Power: 19
    • Imprzme has no influence.
    That article makes sense - the dealership can't actually tell what/if the programming has been changed but can see the flash count.
    I know in the case of subaru with warranty issues(at least on wrx, sti) subaru canada also requires pictures of downpipe/exhaust to look for new/altered bolts and nuts that signify changed/replaced parts.

The only way to actually check the programming of an ecu is to send it back to the manufacturer. The dealers can only identify the flash count.

I have heard/read that some tuners have a way to reset the flash count while tuning.
    Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

March 21, 2017, 09:28 AM #2

Igor Online

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
      • Reputation Power: 236
      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
      Moral of the story, op should have ran meth.
      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

Top Tier Imports