Author Topic: Importing help  (Read 346 times)

April 08, 2017, 06:31 PM #0

Levi Offline

• Vehicle: 2002 Subaru WRX wagon
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Levi has no influence.
Hey, guys. Just wondering if anyone in the Winnipeg area has imported through tradecarview.com. If so, I would love to know a) what paperwork you needed to do, b)how you got it to winnipeg, c)how the whole process went compared to what people say about using a site such as bpro or jdm connection.

Thanks.

Top Tier Imports

Importing help
    « on: April 08, 2017, 06:31 PM »

April 09, 2017, 10:54 PM #1

howlndog Offline

• Vehicle: 05 WRX
    • Reputation Power: 3
    • howlndog has no influence.
    Personally I don't know anyone who's gone through that site. If I were you I'd talk to Brian from b-pro, I've talked to him before and he's a great guy who wants to find your dream car. With b-pro or jdm connection they basically do all the arrangements for you. Great and hassle free.

Just my 2 cents

April 09, 2017, 11:00 PM #2

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
      • Reputation Power: 119
      • Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!
      No experience with them, my legacy was done through Will @ JDMConnection. I didnt import it but a friend did. AFAIK it was easy and painless. @B-Pro Auto JDM importer @B-Pro Auto Vendor Does $500 Off IIRC for forum members. Id hit him up, if i were you.

@dano @Electro @AA_ron @mhubeny180sx @C.J974 @Supra2jz94 These guys may have some insight as they have more recently/directly imported through some of the more known vendors.
      '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
      '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
      IG: colby_spence
      Snap: cspence47

April 11, 2017, 06:34 PM #3

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
        • Reputation Power: 91
        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
        The difference is that through an actual importer the process is simpler and you get to pick exactly your car at auction. Cars on tradecarview can sometimes be advertised by importers, but you get less info on them and the risk is higher of one having an accident but them not telling you, etc. But it can be cheaper.
        Current Forester count: 1
        New business opening soon...

April 11, 2017, 06:51 PM #4

mhubeny180sx Offline

• Vehicle: 180sx
          • Reputation Power: 10
          • mhubeny180sx has no influence.
          Originally posted by Colby
          No experience with them, my legacy was done through Will @ JDMConnection. I didnt import it but a friend did. AFAIK it was easy and painless. @B-Pro Auto JDM importer @B-Pro Auto Vendor Does $500 Off IIRC for forum members. Id hit him up, if i were you.

@dano @Electro @AA_ron @mhubeny180sx @C.J974 @Supra2jz94 These guys may have some insight as they have more recently/directly imported through some of the more known vendors.

Also went through Will at jdmconnection several years ago. Car was shipped right to Winnipeg, my brother picked it up at the railway somewhere for me. Very simple process. Paid $1000 broker fee (this was 6 years ago so im not sure if it has changed) and all other shipping/import/tax/aircon fees were very transparent

April 15, 2017, 09:28 PM #5

C.J974 Offline

• Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
            • Reputation Power: 8
            • C.J974 has no influence.
            I went through William at jdmconnection, he walks you through step by step. Had no issues at all. You just fill in his sheet and he does all the customs papers. When it lands you can get it shipped my train (hella expensive, and takes a couple weeks) or you just fly out and pick it up from the port in bc (that's what I did)
            You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

Top Tier Imports

Importing help
              « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 09:28 PM »