Author Topic: SPRING AWAKENING 2017 - PRESENTED BY BIRCHWOOD BMW  (Read 3174 times)

May 25, 2017, 08:15 PM #25

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
Here's an hourly forecast. Getting better.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

Top Tier Imports

SPRING AWAKENING 2017 - PRESENTED BY BIRCHWOOD BMW
    « Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:15 PM »

May 26, 2017, 10:39 AM #26

mr r33 Offline

• Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Skyline GTS-T
    • Reputation Power: 2
    • mr r33 has no influence.
    Any chance for a reschedule? 2 years in a row ruined by rain for what could be largest turn out of the year kinda sucks

May 26, 2017, 10:42 AM #27

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
      • Reputation Power: 370
      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by mr r33
      Any chance for a reschedule? 2 years in a row ruined by rain for what could be largest turn out of the year kinda sucks
      Lol read up a few posts. Rain or shine. Tough out the rain.

May 26, 2017, 10:44 AM #28

mr r33 Offline

Originally posted by Shaun
        Lol read up a few posts. Rain or shine. Tough out the rain.

Yea won't be there if it's raining - oh well enjoy the show to whoever shows up

Understand about the food trucks but I can bet I won't be the only one who won't go if it's raining out.

really who cares about food trucks, to me it's about the cars. Food trucks are a nice added bonus but I would much rather cancel some food trucks and have a sunny day to enjoy the cars/people/weather.
        Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:48 AM by mr r33

May 26, 2017, 10:57 AM #29

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
          • Reputation Power: 84
          • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
          So don't go. It's happening rain or shine. Crying about it isn't gonna change that fact.

May 26, 2017, 11:14 AM #30

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
            • Reputation Power: 205
            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!

Understand about the food trucks but I can bet I won't be the only one who won't go if it's raining out.

really who cares about food trucks, to me it's about the cars. Food trucks are a nice added bonus but I would much rather cancel some food trucks and have a sunny day to enjoy the cars/people/weather.
            Cheap Maaco paint job can't handle the rain? :trollface:
            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

May 26, 2017, 11:19 AM #31

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
              • Reputation Power: 370
              • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

It's not just about the food trucks, its the other sponsors, the fact only this day was available for us to book as the rest of the Sundays are booked up at the downs, and there's a car shows every other weekend so we wouldn't want to double book.

May 26, 2017, 11:25 AM #32

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                • Reputation Power: 121
                • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                Its gonna be a great time regardless, forecast is up to 1mm of rain, only thing that could suck is wind
                Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:29 AM by Ctown8
                BAASSSSSSS
                I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

May 26, 2017, 11:29 AM #33

mr r33 Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                  Cheap Maaco paint job can't handle the rain? :trollface:

No idea what you're talking about? The TEMP paint job I had on a front bumper which was changed to full custom professional paintjob corner to corner literally not even 6 months later? Paint job could easily handle the rain but I don't like hanging out in the rain and so like I said you all can enjoy the time if it's raining I won't be there. I can see nothing really has changed around here in the past 2 years

May 26, 2017, 12:49 PM #34

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                    • Reputation Power: 205
                    • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                    No idea what you're talking about? The TEMP paint job I had on a front bumper which was changed to full custom professional paintjob corner to corner literally not even 6 months later? Paint job could easily handle the rain but I don't like hanging out in the rain and so like I said you all can enjoy the time if it's raining I won't be there. I can see nothing really has changed around here in the past 2 years
                    Aside from a for sale post in 2015, your last "contribution" was in 2014. Did you really come back here just to ask them to move their biggest event of the year, just because you're afraid to get wet?
                    I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

May 26, 2017, 03:19 PM #35

mr r33 Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                      Aside from a for sale post in 2015, your last "contribution" was in 2014. Did you really come back here just to ask them to move their biggest event of the year, just because you're afraid to get wet?

Yes I did - it makes waaaay more sense to reschedule it but whatever leaving again for another 3 years - peace

May 26, 2017, 03:24 PM #36

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                        • Reputation Power: 13
                        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                        Yes I did - it makes waaaay more sense to reschedule it but whatever leaving again for another 3 years - peace

I don't think you're comprehending this.
                        They can't reschedule it.
                        This is a large event , the food trucks are booked. The lot is booked. Along side that, every other weekend has something going on. So unless they want to clash with another event , it's impossible.
                        Don't expect to not even contribute to the form and come in and expect them to change this SPRING awakening event to a summer awakening event because you don't want to go in the rain.
                        I never drive my car in the rain, but I'm not asking them to change it.
                        If it's pouring rain, I'll take my daily. Big deal.
                        Just come out and enjoy yourself. This isn't a car show. It's a bunch of like minded car enthusiasts getting together to kick off the car season.

Please use a bit more common sense next time and don't be as sour when you don't get your way. If you would like to change dates of large events like this perhaps you should start your own car club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 26, 2017, 06:24 PM #37

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                          • Reputation Power: 174
                          • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                          Hey guys I'm up north till the 13th. Can you reschedule it to sometime between then and the 20th when I leave again?
                          (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

May 26, 2017, 10:27 PM #38

NaTeTeO Online

• Vehicle: Silver 2003 Buick Regal LS
                            • Reputation Power: 4
                            • NaTeTeO has no influence.
                            Really people its spring freaking awakening.. Not sunny awakening, or thunderstorm awakening.. It's spring awakening. Idk about y'all but I'm going.
                            BeCaUsEBuIcK

May 27, 2017, 02:07 PM #39

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                              • Reputation Power: 125
                              • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
                              Originally posted by Vince
                              Hey guys I'm up north till the 13th. Can you reschedule it to sometime between then and the 20th when I leave again?
                              Spring Awakening Part 2: Because Vince is up North

Can we have it at your place?

'14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                              '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                              IG: colby_spence
                              Snap: cspence47

May 27, 2017, 04:16 PM #40

AA_ron Offline

• Vehicle: 99 JDM Forester STB Type A 5MT
                                • Reputation Power: 22
                                • AA_ron barely matters.AA_ron barely matters.
                                I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I'm guessing the preferred way into the Downs is through the Portage Ave entrance and not the Perimeter?

May 27, 2017, 04:26 PM #41

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
                                  • Reputation Power: 217
                                  • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                                  Originally posted by AA_ron
                                  I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I'm guessing the preferred way into the Downs is through the Portage Ave entrance and not the Perimeter?

You can come in via either entrance! We'll have entrances on both sides this year :)
                                  [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                                  [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                                  [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

May 27, 2017, 05:09 PM #42

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                    • Reputation Power: 174
                                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                    Originally posted by Colby
                                    Spring Awakening Part 2: Because Vince is up North

Can we have it at your place?

Nah. My place isn't cool enough. We'll have it at Halfmoon
                                    (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

May 27, 2017, 05:52 PM #43

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
                                      • Reputation Power: 217
                                      • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                                      Here is a layout of the event tomorrow. We will have 3 entrances this year with a staff member at each one that will help guide you into the lot. There will also be multiple volunteers in each parking section wearing reflective vests. Please follow their instructions as they are only there to help park you as smoothly as possible! If you are arriving in a large group (8+ cars), let the person at the entrance know and they will help ensure you will be parked together.

We also ask everyone to wait until 12 to arrive. It would be greatly appreciated as we will be setting up until that time.

[Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                                      [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                                      [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

May 28, 2017, 08:37 AM #44

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
                                        • Reputation Power: 29
                                        • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
                                        Forecast few hours before the meet. See you guys there!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

May 28, 2017, 09:43 AM #45

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                                          I should go with my truck so it can rain on it and clean it.

May 28, 2017, 09:46 AM #46

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                            • Reputation Power: 13
                                            • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                            Originally posted by #StreetFocus
                                            I should go with my truck so it can rain on it and clean it.

Bring your truck and let's park them next to each other!

May 28, 2017, 10:30 AM #47

#StreetFocus Offline

Bring your truck and let's park them next to each other!

Lol would be kind of funny to see stock vs 35's. But nah.

May 28, 2017, 06:38 PM #48

Zach1 Offline

• Vehicle: 06 RAV4, 2000 Civic Hatch
                                                • Reputation Power: 68
                                                • Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!
                                                Even with the weather not being the greatest today was a blast. Thanks to the organizers for another great Spring Awakening!

May 28, 2017, 08:14 PM #49

blankk Offline

• Vehicle: positive funds
                                                  • Reputation Power: 3
                                                  • blankk has no influence.
                                                  showed up at 4:30... 5 cars left, nice cars tho. LOL

Top Tier Imports

SPRING AWAKENING 2017 - PRESENTED BY BIRCHWOOD BMW
                                                    « Reply #49 on: May 28, 2017, 08:14 PM »