Author Topic: Shops that might turn a blind eye to DOT lights  (Read 818 times)

June 14, 2017, 12:37 PM #25

sick240 Offline

• Vehicle: 91 240sx
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • sick240 has no influence.

Originally posted by Vince
I don't think my safety is "fake". It was a reputable shop and unlike actual fake safeties, they put it up on a lift and properly examined the car. They gave me a warning for my brake pads since one was almost done, but I replaced them shortly after.

Thats a fair opinion and maybe fake was the wrong choice of words, but its a fail that was marked as a pass. 

The shops that turned you away knew that the vehicle must be within the ride height specifications of the vehicle manufacturer. 

Top Tier Imports

Shops that might turn a blind eye to DOT lights
    « Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37 PM »

June 14, 2017, 03:28 PM #26

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 79
    • #StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.#StreetFocus has a powerful will.
    Originally posted by sick240
    Thats a fair opinion and maybe fake was the wrong choice of words, but its a fail that was marked as a pass. 

The shops that turned you away knew that the vehicle must be within the ride height specifications of the vehicle manufacturer.
    From what it sounds like to me his is legit. The other shops didn't even look at it to see if it was within specs. Whereas the other shop actually looked at it instead of simply turning it away.

More like lazy shops that don't want to look at things properly that are totally legit. Not the same thing as trying to get something not legit, passed off as legit.

I could be wrong though on my interpretation of Vince's post, but that's what I got from it.

June 14, 2017, 05:52 PM #27

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
      • Reputation Power: 171
      • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
      Im going to stick with saying that my safety was legit/legal.
      (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

Top Tier Imports

Shops that might turn a blind eye to DOT lights
        « Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 05:52 PM »