Author Topic: LF Summer car  (Read 1232 times)

May 15, 2017, 06:11 PM #25

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
Lots of ideas tossed around but no one has asked potential uses.
Auto or manual trans?
The tsx is a driver unless you do a euro accord Touring cup suspension. The is are nice and I know of a mint first gen potentially for sale.
Anything you put a tune in can become a ticking time bomb if the supporting mods aren't done right (Sti/Evo)
Power level your looking for?
D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

Top Tier Imports

LF Summer car
    « Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 06:11 PM »

May 15, 2017, 06:45 PM #26

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 9
    • dan has no influence.
    Thanks @Joe
    Looking to achieve somewhere in the 300HP range (obviously modified).

I realize the tsx is a totally different animal, I would be doing coilovers and a set of wheels to give it a better stance, as well as better drivability.  I realize the power isn't there, but at least there is a ton of aftermarket parts for the car to support modificatiosn.  Half the reason why I'm getting rid of the Mazda is due to lack of tuning posibilities.  Ive had quotes from 700usd to about 1200 depending on what I want.  A little out of this world, but granted the motor I have isn't terribly common to be modified.     

As for transmission, I would prefer manual where available.  I do u understand some cars don't have the option (Like the ralliart)

May 15, 2017, 06:53 PM #27

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
      • Reputation Power: 51
      • Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
      The CL7 Accord Euro-R (TSX with K20A & LSD 6 speed, Recaros and well-tuned suspension) are legal soon, if they aren't already. I'd pick one up if my winter beater S2000 biffed it.
      Originally posted by: Forced Performance
      Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
      Quote (selected)
      The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
      AWD Turbo Whiners Club

May 15, 2017, 07:07 PM #28

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
        • Reputation Power: 10
        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
        700-1200 for a tune doesn't sound high priced to me at all. Maybe there's cheaper out there but I'd go with what you want rather than what would be cheaper to modify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2017, 07:10 PM #29

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
          • Reputation Power: 217
          • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
          Originally posted by Madbuzz41
          700-1200 for a tune doesn't sound high priced to me at all. Maybe there's cheaper out there but I'd go with what you want rather than what would be cheaper to modify

If this is including the tuning software / device, whatever you want to call it - then I completely agree, this is within the reasonable range for good quality aftermarket tune.

For the record, I was 100% serious on buying my Focus ST. It's not all-wheel-drive, but it has the power level you're looking for. The vehicle is extremely well kept and hasn't had any major issues in the 40 thousand kilometres of life. It's currently sitting on stock suspension and the CCW's are off the car. I know it sounds like I'm being pushy (I am) but you'd be hard pressed to find another car in this condition in this price range. All this being said, if it's not the car you're looking for I understand - we all have our wants and needs and those need to be satisfied at the end of the day.

The cars on your list are sort of all over the place in terms of what you're looking for... are there any other criteria you're looking to satisfy? It would go a long way in helping us, help you, find a car suited for your needs.
          Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:15 PM by Nirusan
          [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
          [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
          [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

May 15, 2017, 07:39 PM #30

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
            • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
            Originally posted by Nirusan
            If this is including the tuning software / device, whatever you want to call it - then I completely agree, this is within the reasonable range for good quality aftermarket tune.

For the record, I was 100% serious on buying my Focus ST. It's not all-wheel-drive, but it has the power level you're looking for. The vehicle is extremely well kept and hasn't had any major issues in the 40 thousand kilometres of life. It's currently sitting on stock suspension and the CCW's are off the car. I know it sounds like I'm being pushy (I am) but you'd be hard pressed to find another car in this condition in this price range. All this being said, if it's not the car you're looking for I understand - we all have our wants and needs and those need to be satisfied at the end of the day.

The cars on your list are sort of all over the place in terms of what you're looking for... are there any other criteria you're looking to satisfy? It would go a long way in helping us, help you, find a car suited for your needs.

I don't know if I missed it anywhere but how much are you selling your car for

May 15, 2017, 07:49 PM #31

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
              • Reputation Power: 217
              • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by Madbuzz41

I don't know if I missed it anywhere but how much are you selling your car for

I had a kijiji post - but 26.5 with everything on it. Looking for around 19500 with no CCW's, or air ride. Let's keep this thread about Dan's vehicle needs. Didn't mean to threadjack.
              [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
              [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
              [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

May 16, 2017, 09:13 AM #32

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                • Reputation Power: 120
                • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                x7 on the ST
                BAASSSSSSS
                I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

May 16, 2017, 09:14 AM #33

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                  • Reputation Power: 198
                  • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

May 16, 2017, 10:06 AM #34

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                  • Reputation Power: 87
                  • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                  Audi a4?
                  former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

May 16, 2017, 10:12 AM #35

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                    • Reputation Power: 246
                    • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                    ^ thats a good choice too

2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                    2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 16, 2017, 10:19 AM #36

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                      • Reputation Power: 370
                      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

May 16, 2017, 10:23 AM #37

Shaun Offline

• Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                      actually why don't u turn your civic into a sweet summer whip?

something like this would be pretty cool

May 16, 2017, 10:34 AM #38

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                        • Reputation Power: 87
                        • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.

May 16, 2017, 11:35 AM #39

dan Offline

• dan has no influence.
                        Originally posted by Shaun
                        actually why don't u turn your civic into a sweet summer whip?

something like this would be pretty cool

too far gone.   

Thanks for all the suggestions.   Going to keep looking at different cars as well.   The Legacy and the A4 are good picks too!

May 16, 2017, 01:24 PM #40

Shaun Offline

Did u sell ur mazda yet?

May 16, 2017, 01:51 PM #41

Murphenur Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Audi S6
                            • Reputation Power: 15
                            • Murphenur has no influence.
                            buy my wagon.  spend 5K on ls swap.  drift like a boss
                            1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon

2007 Audi S6

1959 Mercedes Benz 180D

1980 Honda CX 500 Cafe

Sponsored by your mom and dad

scrapesloths

May 23, 2017, 10:22 AM #42

nickcoldwell Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Evo X Mr (sold), 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD.
                              • nickcoldwell has no influence.
                              I had an Evo X and went to an Acura TL, it seems like you want AWD with more space but not sacrificing power? To be honest the EVO doesn't have too much space (ralliart i'm assuming is similar). The Acura TL definitely has more space also a way better daily car not to mention the 3.7L n/a V6 is really nice (305hp?).

But the one car you didn't mention was an e90 BMW 335Xi, it has a massive trunk (sedan), twin turbo, awd, lots of tuning capabilities with the n54 and there is an option for a coupe if you wanted an even sportier car.

Good luck with your search!

May 28, 2017, 08:12 PM #43

Hilux Offline

• Vehicle: WRC Rex, GTB wagon, Evo VII
                                • Reputation Power: 24
                                • Hilux barely matters.Hilux barely matters.
                                I've got a 2011 WRX hatchback for around $16,000 if you're interested.

June 03, 2017, 07:11 PM #44

SpeedPls Offline

• Vehicle: BCNR33 V-Spec
                                  • Reputation Power: 69
                                  • SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!
                                  Dan buy my GTR. 16k for you
                                  My Flickr

1995 Skyline GTR V-Spec
                                  1991 Skyline GTR - sold
                                  1995 Skyline GTR - sold

June 15, 2017, 02:40 PM #45

dan Offline

• dan has no influence.
                                    Lock it up!

Top Tier Imports

LF Summer car