Author Topic: New to the forum and hoping to learn  (Read 299 times)

May 21, 2017, 04:33 PM #0

The1 Offline

• Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu 2000/2008
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The1 has no influence.
Good afternoon all, audio has long been a passion of mine and as of late that has extended into automobile audio. I have a 2000 Chev Malibu that has a Pioneer AVH-X7800BT Head Unit, Focal 690AC rears, Illusion Audio Luccent L5 6.25 component kit for front and tweeters in the windshield "A" arms. Two amps, one mono for the sub and a digital 4 channel for the rest, both are 1000 watt units, I believe..
The sub is a ???, dam been so long, it is a 8 inch driver that provides nice tight, clean bass to enhance the rest of the music. I use primarily .flac recordings from a couple of 64 gb flash drives.
I am replacing the 2000 Malibu with a 2008 Malibu, which is one of the reasons I have searched out and reigistered at TopTier.
I am looking to get the system moved from one to the other and am researching, looking for guidance, suggestions, who can, would or should do the work?
Or can I tackle it?  :-\
Thanks for reading...

Top Tier Imports

New to the forum and hoping to learn
    « on: May 21, 2017, 04:33 PM »

May 21, 2017, 08:43 PM #1

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
    • Reputation Power: 29
    • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
    Welcome to the forum! You have a picture of you and your ride? Is audio your only focus when it comes to mods?
    Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

May 21, 2017, 11:13 PM #2

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 194
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

May 22, 2017, 06:10 AM #3

The1 Offline

• Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu 2000/2008
      • Reputation Power: 1
      • The1 has no influence.
      Originally posted by jon08
      Welcome to the forum! You have a picture of you and your ride? Is audio your only focus when it comes to mods?
      Hi jon08, yes so far the audio side is what I am focusing on although the 2008 Malibu is the 3.6 L, 250bhp model, dual exhaust.  A very nice, well looked after ride with 100,000 km.
      So, who knows where that could lead?

Originally posted by themikewoo
      Welcome.

What do you do for a living?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi themikewoo, I work in Gov't and have for 30+ years.
      Have a ex and a new wife, six kids from 25 years to 10 years so I figure I have about 30 more to go... :)

May 22, 2017, 08:37 AM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 194
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by The1

Hi themikewoo, I work in Gov't and have for 30+ years.
        Have a ex and a new wife, six kids from 25 years to 10 years so I figure I have about 30 more to go... :)

I work for the city so I know exactly what you mean.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

May 22, 2017, 08:29 PM #5

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
          • Reputation Power: 125
          • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
          Welcome.

Calling @Ctown8 @BRAUDIO
          '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
          '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
          IG: colby_spence
          Snap: cspence47

May 22, 2017, 08:59 PM #6

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
            • Reputation Power: 246
            • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
            Welcome to TTI
            2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
            2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 23, 2017, 09:07 AM #7

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 120
              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by The1
              Good afternoon all, audio has long been a passion of mine and as of late that has extended into automobile audio. I have a 2000 Chev Malibu that has a Pioneer AVH-X7800BT Head Unit, Focal 690AC rears, Illusion Audio Luccent L5 6.25 component kit for front and tweeters in the windshield "A" arms. Two amps, one mono for the sub and a digital 4 channel for the rest, both are 1000 watt units, I believe..
              The sub is a ???, dam been so long, it is a 8 inch driver that provides nice tight, clean bass to enhance the rest of the music. I use primarily .flac recordings from a couple of 64 gb flash drives.
              I am replacing the 2000 Malibu with a 2008 Malibu, which is one of the reasons I have searched out and reigistered at TopTier.
              I am looking to get the system moved from one to the other and am researching, looking for guidance, suggestions, who can, would or should do the work?
              Or can I tackle it?  :-\
              Thanks for reading...
              Welcome to the forum, I can help you with all your audio needs, I work at Brian Reimer Audio and run the @BRAUDIO account! We also happen to carry audiomobile.

Shoot me a pm and we can chat!
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

New to the forum and hoping to learn
                « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:07 AM »