Author Topic: New to the forum and hoping to learn  (Read 252 times)

May 21, 2017, 04:33 PM #0

The1 Offline

• Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu 2000/2008
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The1 has no influence.
Good afternoon all, audio has long been a passion of mine and as of late that has extended into automobile audio. I have a 2000 Chev Malibu that has a Pioneer AVH-X7800BT Head Unit, Focal 690AC rears, Illusion Audio Luccent L5 6.25 component kit for front and tweeters in the windshield "A" arms. Two amps, one mono for the sub and a digital 4 channel for the rest, both are 1000 watt units, I believe..
The sub is a ???, dam been so long, it is a 8 inch driver that provides nice tight, clean bass to enhance the rest of the music. I use primarily .flac recordings from a couple of 64 gb flash drives.
I am replacing the 2000 Malibu with a 2008 Malibu, which is one of the reasons I have searched out and reigistered at TopTier.
I am looking to get the system moved from one to the other and am researching, looking for guidance, suggestions, who can, would or should do the work?
Or can I tackle it?  :-\
Thanks for reading...

Top Tier Imports

New to the forum and hoping to learn
    « on: May 21, 2017, 04:33 PM »

May 21, 2017, 08:43 PM #1

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
    • Reputation Power: 27
    • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
    Welcome to the forum! You have a picture of you and your ride? Is audio your only focus when it comes to mods?
    Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

May 21, 2017, 11:13 PM #2

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 194
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

May 22, 2017, 06:10 AM #3

The1 Offline

• Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu 2000/2008
      • Reputation Power: 1
      • The1 has no influence.
      Originally posted by jon08
      Welcome to the forum! You have a picture of you and your ride? Is audio your only focus when it comes to mods?
      Hi jon08, yes so far the audio side is what I am focusing on although the 2008 Malibu is the 3.6 L, 250bhp model, dual exhaust.  A very nice, well looked after ride with 100,000 km.
      So, who knows where that could lead?

Originally posted by themikewoo
      Welcome.

What do you do for a living?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi themikewoo, I work in Gov't and have for 30+ years.
      Have a ex and a new wife, six kids from 25 years to 10 years so I figure I have about 30 more to go... :)

May 22, 2017, 08:37 AM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 194
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by The1

Hi themikewoo, I work in Gov't and have for 30+ years.
        Have a ex and a new wife, six kids from 25 years to 10 years so I figure I have about 30 more to go... :)

I work for the city so I know exactly what you mean.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

May 22, 2017, 08:29 PM #5

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
          • Reputation Power: 119
          • Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!Colby is leading the good life!
          Welcome.

Calling @Ctown8 @BRAUDIO
          '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
          '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
          IG: colby_spence
          Snap: cspence47

May 22, 2017, 08:59 PM #6

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
            • Reputation Power: 239
            • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
            Welcome to TTI
            2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
            2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 23, 2017, 09:07 AM #7

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 117
              • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
              Originally posted by The1
              Good afternoon all, audio has long been a passion of mine and as of late that has extended into automobile audio. I have a 2000 Chev Malibu that has a Pioneer AVH-X7800BT Head Unit, Focal 690AC rears, Illusion Audio Luccent L5 6.25 component kit for front and tweeters in the windshield "A" arms. Two amps, one mono for the sub and a digital 4 channel for the rest, both are 1000 watt units, I believe..
              The sub is a ???, dam been so long, it is a 8 inch driver that provides nice tight, clean bass to enhance the rest of the music. I use primarily .flac recordings from a couple of 64 gb flash drives.
              I am replacing the 2000 Malibu with a 2008 Malibu, which is one of the reasons I have searched out and reigistered at TopTier.
              I am looking to get the system moved from one to the other and am researching, looking for guidance, suggestions, who can, would or should do the work?
              Or can I tackle it?  :-\
              Thanks for reading...
              Welcome to the forum, I can help you with all your audio needs, I work at Brian Reimer Audio and run the @BRAUDIO account! We also happen to carry audiomobile.

Shoot me a pm and we can chat!
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

New to the forum and hoping to learn
                « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:07 AM »