Author Topic: Rims/Wheels on my 2012 WRX Hatch  (Read 180 times)

May 25, 2017, 02:25 PM #0

wrxdenzel Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Subaru WRX Hatchback
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wrxdenzel has no influence.
Im buying rims very soon just picking them out but i wanted to bring this here because i've been told many different things, so I wanted to run a 9.5 inch wide rim on my 12 wrx hatch, will it fit without adujsting the camber? some people are telling me you can run up to 10.5 with a +35 offset, others are telling me you can even run past a 9 inch, lemme know what you know, thanks

Top Tier Imports

Rims/Wheels on my 2012 WRX Hatch
    « on: May 25, 2017, 02:25 PM »

May 25, 2017, 02:48 PM #1

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 117
    • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
    This should be in the wheel section of the forum, but for fitment its always good to:
    A. test fit a friends wheels
    B. Calculate offset based on your current wheels specs
    C. Try using some online calculators like: www.willtheyfit.com

9.5 should be okay depending on offset, 10.5 sounds like a stretch hehe pun inteneded. Are you lowered? Slammed? stock height?
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

May 25, 2017, 03:18 PM #2

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
      • Reputation Power: 369
      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
      9.5 +38 is a good fitment on your car. You might have to roll depending on how many homies ya wanna fit in the back of ya whip, or if you wanna lower it.

I had 9.5 +34 and it fit very well.

I rolled fenders on a hatch to fit 9.5 +22. I think the most aggressive I've done is 9.5 +15 on stock suspension.

So yes, you can fit 10.5 +35, however it's pretty overkill for width. If you need someone to roll your fenders, holla at me.

May 25, 2017, 04:32 PM #3

wrxdenzel Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Subaru WRX Hatchback
        • Reputation Power: 5
        • wrxdenzel has no influence.
        thanks so much, this cleared a bunch up, now i also know i can run the width i wanted😊😊 my fenders are already rolled in the back so il probably end up needing the front's done, i follow you on insta(mines denzelbrandford) so il end up taking you up on that, thanks bro❤️
        Originally posted by Shaun
        9.5 +38 is a good fitment on your car. You might have to roll depending on how many homies ya wanna fit in the back of ya whip, or if you wanna lower it.

I had 9.5 +34 and it fit very well.

I rolled fenders on a hatch to fit 9.5 +22. I think the most aggressive I've done is 9.5 +15 on stock suspension.

So yes, you can fit 10.5 +35, however it's pretty overkill for width. If you need someone to roll your fenders, holla at me.

May 26, 2017, 08:56 AM #4

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
          • Reputation Power: 369
          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
          Originally posted by wrxdenzel
          thanks so much, this cleared a bunch up, now i also know i can run the width i wanted😊😊 my fenders are already rolled in the back so il probably end up needing the front's done, i follow you on insta(mines denzelbrandford) so il end up taking you up on that, thanks bro❤️
          fronts don't normally need a roll unless you're super low/run an offset in the 20s with 245+ width tires

Top Tier Imports

Rims/Wheels on my 2012 WRX Hatch
            « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 08:56 AM »