Author Topic: Jonathan's 5th Gen (2015+) WRX  (Read 309 times)

June 04, 2017, 11:24 PM #0

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
Oh boy here we go.

First off, let me just give everyone a heads up by saying that this will be a combination of both Journal and Newbie thread. My name is Jon, but since TTI has many Jon (or John)... I guess you can all call me Jonathan. Just to get things straight, just like everybody else in this forum, I love cars, the only difference is... I'm probably the noobest car guy in the group.
So noob, I don't even know if I can call myself a "car guy". Why bother telling? So you guys can go a little bit easy on me when discussing stuff. I don't like acting like Mr.-Know-it-all, and you dicussing technical issues would probably sound like an average person listening to medical jargons.
I'm here to learn, I'm here to make friends and I'm here to help... although... to tell you the obvious truth... this forum has become nothing but help,and for that I'm thankful.

Okay, enough intro and let's move on to what you came here for... my "build". I drive a base '16 WRX, and loving every minute of it. Since it's a brand new car, I can't afford to lose its warranty... so the plan for now is to make my build as warranty safe as possible.

Warranty will be over in a couple of years, and when that time comes.. I'll update this journal. For now, here are the parts I have with my rex.

1.Wheels - Ahhh yes, the best mod in my opinion. I'm rolling with 18x8.5 +35 offset wrapped with Nankang rubbers for Summer and For Winter, 2012 STI's OEM (Enkei) wheels wrapped with Blizzak winter tires. Secured with Muteki's SR48

2.Exhaust - Nameless 3" axle back (muffler deletes) with neochrome tips. One acceptably loud exhaust, no gains in numbers... but there might be a few in your angry neighbor list.

3. Nameless License plate delete - Wear it loud! Wear it proud!

4.Rally Armor Mudflaps - I remember picking between this or the rokblokz ones. Went for RA because it's more flexible.

5.Husky Floorliners - Since my car is daily driven all year round, I have to make an extra effort to protect it. Had to choose between Weather tech and Husky, I went for Husky... because I'm cheap.. and it was on sale. lol

6.Trunk Spoiler - had to think carefully with this one since it requires drilling a hole on your trunk... and holes can rust... and I will lose my paint warranty on my trunk... but who cares, I want a wing! Got my flush wing from a company called DAR via CARid.com. Not too small, not too big, just right. I don't want an STI wing, I don't want my car to become something that is not.

7.Lip kit - I never expected a part out to a vehicle this new! 'twas a normal day... not even looking to buy any parts (because I just spent a few hundreds on the wing), until @Igor sent me a message offering a HTAutos V2 lip kit from a friend. Who can say no to that?!
8.Short Throw Shifter - Speaking of part out, I guess I'm just lucky. Got another another one from a guy from Brandon, a Boomba STS!  He said he got the car already with it, and he's not an STS guy. I happily accepted the offer. Short throw feels good man, I have compared it with the STI one and it was night and day. The installation was way too much for me so I had Speed Factor do it for $$$.

9.Shift knob - This. I really wanted the one from Raceseng... but it's $250. I can't do it... hahahaha I purchased a $20 knob from ebay, I'll let you know once it arrives.

10. Personal parts like decal,wraps and bulbs - I will respect what ever floats your boat. =)

Note to self:
Have patience. Warranty is almost over. You can go Stage 1+ as soon it's done.

Whew, glad that's over! If you  or someone you know is thinking of getting the parts I have. Feel free to ask! Send me a message or approach me during meets! I don't want you to spend your money to something you might not want, so I will let you  feel my lever... no wait, that sounds wrong. *clears throat*.. touch my knob, I mean my parts!... no... I mean... man this is awkward.

You get the point! <:
Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:14 AM by jon08
Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

Top Tier Imports

Jonathan's 5th Gen (2015+) WRX
    « on: June 04, 2017, 11:24 PM »

June 05, 2017, 06:39 AM #1

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
    • Reputation Power: 246
    • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
    What wheels did you get for the car? You listed only the specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
    2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

June 05, 2017, 07:54 AM #2

jon08 Offline

Originally posted by Igor
      What wheels did you get for the car? You listed only the specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ooops? It's MT1 Piana, curretly unmounted tho. I'm planning on having my two sets refinished. So running with my enkei's messed up paint temporarily until this one's done.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

June 06, 2017, 02:27 AM #3

jon08 Offline

When you hurry home from work. Open the package. Installed it even if it's 2:00am. Then you asked yourself.

Why the didn't I buy the reverse lockout adapter for this? Fok.

Quality is good for a $15 knob tho. Same size adn weight as oem. Sits a bit high... than I would actually want... smh.

June 06, 2017, 09:07 PM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
          • Reputation Power: 194
          • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
          Link to where I can get a shift knob like that?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

June 07, 2017, 01:23 AM #5

jon08 Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
            Link to where I can get a shift knob like that?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
            Got it from ebay, its from sickspeed (they also have a separate website).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BLUE-175E-METAL-SHIFT-KNOB-FOR-6-SPEED-SHORT-THROW-SHIFTER-SELECTOR-12X1-25-K17-/191766138198?hash=item2ca6270d56:g:TvEAAOxy3NBSeZRl&vxp=mtr

Thinking of buying one? because I'm thinking of selling mine. lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:03 AM by jon08

Top Tier Imports

Jonathan's 5th Gen (2015+) WRX
              « Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23 AM »