Author Topic: Driven 2017  (Read 629 times)

July 09, 2017, 03:33 PM #0

Ahi Offline

• Vehicle: 99 civic sir
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Ahi has no influence.
POST EM UP FAM

0024 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0021 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0020 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0018 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0016 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0014 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0013 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0004 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0005 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0002 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0029 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0028 by John Ahi, on Flickr

0026 by John Ahi, on Flickr

Top Tier Imports

Driven 2017
    « on: July 09, 2017, 03:33 PM »

July 09, 2017, 03:39 PM #1

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
    • cluelessk has no influence.
    Anyone else feel disappointed at the cost vs actual show quality cars at Driven?

I don't know how 70% of the people thought their cars were show quality. So much bad paint and "paint it black and put it back" "builds". Felt like a meet not a show.

There were a small handful of really well done cars and a few nice dealer cars but for a $20 ticket to a car show it was pretty pathetic.
    [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

July 09, 2017, 09:38 PM #2

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
      • Reputation Power: 93
      • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
      Originally posted by cluelessk
      Anyone else feel disappointed at the cost vs actual show quality cars at Driven?

I don't know how 70% of the people thought their cars were show quality. So much bad paint and "paint it black and put it back" "builds". Felt like a meet not a show.

There were a small handful of really well done cars and a few nice dealer cars but for a $20 ticket to a car show it was pretty pathetic.
      Wait, you're complaining about a $20 ticket?
      Current Forester count: 1
      Owner, Next Level Escapes

July 09, 2017, 10:12 PM #3

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
        • Reputation Power: 29
        • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.

I think it's alright, but I'm easy to please and knows very little about technical stuff. lol Fewer cars than last year tho, that's for sure.
        Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

July 10, 2017, 10:27 AM #4

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
          • Reputation Power: 120
          • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!

I agree with this to a point, the Tesla with a different colored front bumper for example, but in the big scheme of things, the show was a big improvement over last year in my opinion and I enjoyed myself.
          Lets keep this thread on topic though, there are supposed to be pics in here.
          Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:28 AM by Ctown8
          BAASSSSSSS
          I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
          My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
          Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

July 10, 2017, 11:13 AM #5

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
            • Reputation Power: 370
            • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

One for now, gonna make a huge blog post like I did for Spring Awakening!

July 10, 2017, 03:09 PM #6

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
              • cluelessk has no influence.
              Originally posted by dano
              Wait, you're complaining about a $20 ticket?

No I'm complaining about paying $20 to see almost all the same cars I could see for free at a UE meet.
              Originally posted by jon08
              I think it's alright, but I'm easy to please and knows very little about technical stuff. lol Fewer cars than last year tho, that's for sure.

That might be it. Being in the autobody trade paint always sticks out.
              [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

July 10, 2017, 06:21 PM #7

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                • Reputation Power: 125
                • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
                @Igor  @Igor  @Igor

#slavicstance

'14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                IG: colby_spence
                Snap: cspence47

July 10, 2017, 06:22 PM #8

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                  • Reputation Power: 246
                  • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by Colby
                  @Igor  @Igor  @Igor

#slavicstance

Needs more adidas track suit
                  2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                  2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

July 11, 2017, 11:12 AM #9

Spree Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 Subaru Forester XT
                    • Reputation Power: 5
                    • Spree has no influence.

One thing to keep in mind is that, yes, to us in the community there's a bunch of cars we've seen in meets etc....so it's nothing new to us.  However, I saw a lot of families and casual car fans in attendance who don't go to meets (likely because they don't have a modded car) or are not part of the scene in general.  I'm talking the older Dodge Caravan guy who brought his kids/family to see nice cars and the drift demo. 

Seeing these people, especially with their kids, walk up to a car in amazement made the show worthwhile to me.  Although yeah, the agree with you about the ticket price issue.  A bit much.

Side note, I unfortunately couldn't stay until the end.  Is there a link to the awards results?

July 11, 2017, 12:01 PM #10

Gavin Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Q60 Red Sport
                      • Reputation Power: 25
                      • Gavin barely matters.Gavin barely matters.
                      Originally posted by Spree
                      One thing to keep in mind is that, yes, to us in the community there's a bunch of cars we've seen in meets etc....so it's nothing new to us.  However, I saw a lot of families and casual car fans in attendance who don't go to meets (likely because they don't have a modded car) or are not part of the scene in general.  I'm talking the older Dodge Caravan guy who brought his kids/family to see nice cars and the drift demo. 

Seeing these people, especially with their kids, walk up to a car in amazement made the show worthwhile to me.  Although yeah, the agree with you about the ticket price issue.  A bit much.

Side note, I unfortunately couldn't stay until the end.  Is there a link to the awards results?

Agreed.

At the end of the day it's only $20. In Gavin math, that's only 3-4 starbucks drinks, so not even a week of chai tea lattes.

It supports the community and getting others that aren't as involved in the community to know more about it and it influences kids by showing some of the cool things people have done. Future generation of kids who modify their cars.

I'd personally pay 20$ just to see a drift demo, let alone a car show included in the price as well. We also had some cars from other communities that showed up. I think some of the NVUS guys were from the states, there was some guys from Alberta.
                      2017 Q60 RS
                      2010 G37X - Sold

July 15, 2017, 12:54 PM #11

Time Lord Offline

• Vehicle: Audi
                        • Time Lord has no influence.
                        Sorry for the wretched sound. Forgot my mic and dead cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw4C4n3pF8Y&feature=youtu.be

August 08, 2017, 10:59 PM #12

Juan Offline

• Vehicle: FRS
                          • Reputation Power: 26
                          • Juan barely matters.Juan barely matters.
                          No blog yet? 🙁
                          FAHRVERGNÜGEN

Top Tier Imports

Driven 2017
                            « Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 10:59 PM »