Author Topic: Impact's JDM 2001 Toyota Vitz RS * Yaritz*  (Read 299 times)

September 06, 2017, 05:10 PM #0

Impact Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!
Well with needing a winter ride. I managed to find one.
Had a buddy help me out big time, good thing we've been friends for over 20 years.

As you guys know I own Evo-la and it's almost time for storage.

I was hoping to get something AWD for winter, but the car I getting comes with 2 sets of rims/tires.
14 inch and winters
17 and all seasons

The car is a 2001 Toyota Vitz RS (JDM version of the Toyota Yaris)
2 door
1.5liter
5spd transmission
109 HP

Car just hit over 100,XXX kms a few days ago.

Timing chain has been done and was sold safetied!
I believe I can use parts from the Yaris RS here.

Here are some pics from the current owner, will update once in my possession.

I will be planning on using this over the winter's and as a daily driver. So the Evo will be taking some rest next year and save in my pockets.
The damn gas prices right now are crazy! Especially since I need to use Husky 94. It'll be nice to be using regular and over 400kms + compared to the current 290kms give or take in the Evo.

Would like to eventually lower it, prob get a roof rack on it and use it for long drives. ****ty it has no cruise, but that may possibly be a mod in the future if its possible.

Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:24 PM by Impact
1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

Top Tier Imports

Impact's JDM 2001 Toyota Vitz RS * Yaritz*
    « on: September 06, 2017, 05:10 PM »

September 07, 2017, 08:24 AM #1

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
    • Reputation Power: 202
    • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
    Won't this end up costing more than you save, as you now have 2 vehicles to spend gas on, 2 insurance payments, 2 vehicles to maintain etc.
    Originally posted by Madbuzz41
    I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

September 07, 2017, 08:47 AM #2

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
      • Reputation Power: 84
      • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
      Originally posted by jordisonjr
      Won't this end up costing more than you save, as you now have 2 vehicles to spend gas on, 2 insurance payments, 2 vehicles to maintain etc.
      Depends how much he drives.

I bought a second car to save money when I was commuting and the car saved me enough money to pay for the purchase of said car, plus insurance, in 10 months. Everything after that was pure savings.

For most people it won't save money, but yeah, depends how much he drives currently.

September 07, 2017, 08:53 AM #3

Impact Offline

• Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!

Evo is going in storage over winter.
        Then for next year take the Evo out late summer for a month or 2......spend time hoarding parts and installing all at once at Perfect Performance.

Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

September 07, 2017, 05:32 PM #4

Supra2jz94 Offline

• Vehicle: Toyota supra 2jz
          • Reputation Power: 6
          • Supra2jz94 has no influence.

I also have 2 vehicles, I put my RSX on storage for Summer 10$ a month, or just uninsure it completely and lock it up, then Supra on storage for winter. Your never paying for full insurance full maintenance or full gas at the same time. Your only paying for one vehicle at a time because your only using one vehicle at a time,  You just switch them around, pretty common sense really.

I just wouldn't bother modding the RSX seeming as its for winter and isn't a performance vehicle and any money used for RSX can be used on supra instead.
          Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:45 PM by Supra2jz94

September 08, 2017, 08:30 AM #5

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
            • Reputation Power: 202
            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by Impact
            Evo is going in storage over winter.
            Then for next year take the Evo out late summer for a month or 2......spend time hoarding parts and installing all at once at Perfect Performance.
            Makes sense. When you said "I will be planning on using this over the winter's and as a daily driver", I was under the impression that both vehicles would be insured and driven at once, to save money. I'm currently in this situation, have a celica and a silverado both insured, and it definitely doesn't save money, which was why I chimed in haha.
            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

September 08, 2017, 09:59 AM #6

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 120
              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              This thing is sweet! I was gonna get a Yaris as a daily but I just know i would end up slamming it and ruining it
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

September 08, 2017, 11:36 AM #7

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                • Reputation Power: 93
                • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                Originally posted by Ctown8
                This thing is sweet! I was gonna get a Yaris as a daily but I just know i would end up slamming it and ruining it
                But isn't that what you just did to the forester? Lol
                Current Forester count: 1
                Owner, Next Level Escapes

September 08, 2017, 01:40 PM #8

Impact Offline

Makes sense. When you said "I will be planning on using this over the winter's and as a daily driver", I was under the impression that both vehicles would be insured and driven at once, to save money. I'm currently in this situation, have a celica and a silverado both insured, and it definitely doesn't save money, which was why I chimed in haha.

Yeah makes sense, I should have been more elaborate.

Uhh there's so much temptation for me to do a crap load of stuff to the Vitz..
                  then I keep thinking....if im putting money to the vitz for upgrades...why am i not doing it to the Evo instead?

I will 100% drop it next year...but what to do with it??

Guys have any ideas or suggestions I should do with the Vitz?

I mean I can boost it.....but Evo?

But I did get bored of the Evo...maybe its cause I upgraded the turbo and still on stock boost. Maybe next year I'll have fun with it at 30psi....

September 08, 2017, 03:24 PM #9

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                    Originally posted by Impact
                    Yeah makes sense, I should have been more elaborate.

Uhh there's so much temptation for me to do a crap load of stuff to the Vitz..
                    then I keep thinking....if im putting money to the vitz for upgrades...why am i not doing it to the Evo instead?

I will 100% drop it next year...but what to do with it??

Guys have any ideas or suggestions I should do with the Vitz?

I mean I can boost it.....but Evo?

But I did get bored of the Evo...maybe its cause I upgraded the turbo and still on stock boost. Maybe next year I'll have fun with it at 30psi....

Up the boost before you judge it for sure! For the vitz, it needs custom plate THEVITZ or somthing like that, just seems catchy as hell, make it a nice daily though, i wouldnt boost, just basic stuff like a good sounding stereo, lowered, wheels tires, maybe some other suspension upgrades. Keep it comfortable and good on gas, but make it look sexy.
                    BAASSSSSSS
                    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

September 08, 2017, 03:43 PM #10

Impact Offline

I was thinking something along the lines of this look...

and this

September 08, 2017, 03:49 PM #11

Impact Offline

For the vitz, it needs custom plate THEVITZ or somthing like that, just seems catchy as hell

VTITZ
                        VVTITZ
                        VITZTIT
                        TITZ
                        VVVVVVV
                        VITZZZZ
                        VITSZSZ
                        Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:51 PM by Impact

September 08, 2017, 04:08 PM #12

Ctown8 Offline

I like this
                          BAASSSSSSS

Top Tier Imports

Impact's JDM 2001 Toyota Vitz RS
                            « Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 04:08 PM »