Author Topic: Command Start Help  (Read 144 times)

October 09, 2017, 11:35 AM #0

Meboosta Offline

• Vehicle: WRX
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Meboosta has no influence.
Looking to see if there are any recommended shops, or individuals who can help with diagnosing my command start.

Back Story:
I purchased a civic last year and it came with viper command starter (FOB with 3 buttons) it worked once and i never bothered to use it again. The lock/Unlock has no issues, but for some reason the starter button won't do anything.

Things to note
-My car does have a working factory fob that i use to lock the doors
-Not sure if there is a specific sequence i need to do before it can work. Ive tried locking with just the command start fob and attempting to use the start button with no luck
-Hasn't been used in a year

Looking to get this sorted out before the real cold comes  :hurr:

Top Tier Imports

Command Start Help
    « on: October 09, 2017, 11:35 AM »

October 09, 2017, 05:04 PM #1

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
    Go to Krazykrazy. Theyíll fix your problems cheaper than anyone. They donít give huge deals on their stuff but the install and diagnostic on anything will beat anyone. I bought a command start from visions on sale for $49 and they wanted $499 to install, they did it for $200.
    Great guys, son took over for his father. My dad went there back in 78í and dealt with them forever. Not a single complaint. Only ever positive things to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October 10, 2017, 12:22 PM #2

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
      • Reputation Power: 246
      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
      Is the car an automatic or a manual? If itís standard, have you done the proper sequence to get it into command start mode? Without pressing on the brake pull the ebrake and take out key then close doors.

If itís automatic it might be an issue with the module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

October 11, 2017, 09:13 AM #3

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
        • Reputation Power: 120
        • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
        @Igor and @Madbuzz41  are both correct, Krazy krazy (Ken) is the best shop around for dealing with viper/clifford/python products, but if the locks on the remote still work its likely that your car is either in a valet mode, or if its a manual transmission then you will need to set ready mode before starting.
        BAASSSSSSS
        I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
        My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
        Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

October 17, 2017, 10:14 PM #4

Meboosta Offline

• Vehicle: WRX
          • Meboosta has no influence.
          Thanks for the input guys! I seem to have got it working, so i'll leave it at that for now.

Top Tier Imports

Command Start Help
            « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:14 PM »