Author Topic: RHD Owners  (Read 5537 times)

April 04, 2012, 12:52 PM #25

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
Sweet good to know thanks guys.
Gunna have to take some time to read that soon
Originally posted by Madbuzz41
I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

Top Tier Imports

RHD Owners
    « Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 12:52 PM »

April 14, 2012, 12:13 AM #26

hard launch204 Offline

• Vehicle: 2005 Kawasaki 636 ninja
    • Reputation Power: 1
    • hard launch204 has no influence.

Originally posted by El Dorifto
    As long as the seatbelts have the CMVSS or MVSS tags on them, you'll be good. Well aslong as the belts themselves are frayed or tattered to **** obviously.

Its just the sad fact that Manitoba sucks for modified cars now and anything from JDM land sadly... Is what it is, and we basically have to do out best to try and stay within the rules they set out so we dotn get hassled. If your stuff not DOT or legal, simple fact is, change it. Less hassle and headache down the road.
    I have a Fairlady Z32, and im gonna be switching a mjority of stuff over to USDM 300zx equipment so when I get pulled over and they inspect... They've just wasted their time on a compliant vehicle. And then for the future aswell.

its making everything pointless to tune and stand out anymore, im sorry cops (not really). strive to be different, slam, wheels, rims, camber, engine, whatever describes you NOT TO CONFORM .

**** the police/viu. when i lived on boyd and mcgregor and heard gunshots go through my house at 2am and called the cops. they never came. in 4 years.  so i owe them nothing.
    if i want slicks on my vr4 then im putting em on if i want to. im not a idiot and aint driving in the rain or **** all. if i want 19"s and slamed with less rubber then a condom then i will.

some peoples rides describe who they are, for some people thats all they have left.

and yes i understand some safety issues. but half of them are stupid as **** and serve no purpose.

example -400$ for my 92 preludes headlights (dot approved) not turning on AUTOMATICALLY with my ignition switch. 
    When life throws you curves,  aim for the apex!

April 14, 2012, 12:22 AM #27

El Dorifto Offline

• Vehicle: 93 JDM Impreza WRX Turbo, 47 Ford Rat-Rod
      • Reputation Power: 14
      • El Dorifto has no influence.
      Agreed^ It just sucks now to do exactly that, stand out among the crowd. Be an individual and do something you enjoy doing.Guess theyd rather us all be gangster wannabe slingin dope and stabbing people downtown rather than chilling in parking lots and talking about cars.
      Last time I checked, the cruise and car culture in Winnipeg was known by many people across Canada and the USA as the place to be.. Now its complete ****.
      - Mechanic/ Autobody extroadinaire (No longer taking in new projects/ work as of Oct/10/2013 till all current ones are finished)
      - http://www.youtube.com/TheLou1
      - 93 JDM Impreza WRX Turbo
      - 47 Ford 3 Window Pick-up Rat-Rod (ground up rebuild)
      - 47 Mercury Sedan Lead Sled (ground up rebuild

April 14, 2012, 12:30 AM #28

hard launch204 Offline

yep,,,, smh,,,,

half of them have a scarface ambission to own a ferrari one day, not knowing with the right mods a mr2 or supra 300zx or any import could easily be modded with 1/10th the $ of a ferrari to be faster and handle better, but who cares right, just a couple throats that kid will have to cut to make it thats all.  (so they assume)

i remember high school when it was who had the sickest mods on there whip, now its who can sell the biggest bag of coke or weed, lovely.... its more illegal to mod a car then sell drugs baha

April 14, 2012, 12:51 PM #29

CFMP RAblue Offline

• Vehicle: 09 Mits Ralliart Octane blue
          • Reputation Power: 58
          • CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.
          ^not more illegal just easier to prove ;) lol good old laziness
          "Go Fast, Stop Fast"
          Extreme Stop Slotted/Drilled Rotors
          KVR Performance Slotted Rotors
          Magnaflow CBE

April 14, 2012, 09:02 PM #30

jordisonjr Offline

• jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
            When I was in high school it was still kinda like that( few years ago), now its pretty brutal though

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

April 14, 2012, 10:37 PM #31

JayPe3 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
              • Reputation Power: 67
              • JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
              When I was in school, the car mods were only between me and a few select friends. Everybody else was how many seconds it took to rocket a beer or how big of a hoot you could take.

April 14, 2012, 11:26 PM #32

jordisonjr Offline

^ Ha.
                I was kind of in the middle of this phase.
                Some dudes stuffed the biggest wheels possible under their fenders, while rippin the B.
                Some were into modifying their cars properly,but not many.

April 15, 2012, 11:30 AM #33

hard launch204 Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                  ^ Ha.
                  I was kind of in the middle of this phase.
                  Some dudes stuffed the biggest wheels possible under their fenders, while rippin the B.
                  Some were into modifying their cars properly,but not many.

well anyways we all get the point :P

August 06, 2012, 06:07 PM #34

peg_pulsar Offline

• Vehicle: Pulsar GTI-R, Colorado
                    • Reputation Power: 11
                    • peg_pulsar has no influence.
                    So, what if your car has no north american counter part? No DOT headlights/tail lights/markers were never made for my car. But, under the CMVSS certain e-code lights are legal, but no cop ever seems to recognize this. And, no law or regulation i can find says anything about dot regulations for anything other than headlights, no mention is made of tail lights or corner lights. I got pulled over last night here in winnipeg and they say i need to change all my lights out, but all of my lights are e-code (E13) which is luxembourg, a left hand drive country and recognized by CMVSS standard 108.1, and ECE regulation No. 8. Any help with this guys? thanks, ryan.
                    1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                    1990 Toyota 4Runner (R.I.P)
                    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600 SOLD
                    2005 Chevrolet Colorado

BW:145ish. PR's: S-419, B-265, D-510, Wilks-427

August 06, 2012, 06:09 PM #35

Nismoline Offline

• Vehicle: R32 GTR
                      • Reputation Power: 108
                      • Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
                      i think your gonna be pretty much screwed and have to try to find some lights to swap in
                      Jdm parking fo life!
                      #driven2016

August 06, 2012, 07:17 PM #36

TwoFourDee Offline

• Vehicle: 95 Toyota Camry 2 door Sport Model, 97 240sx
                        • Reputation Power: 37
                        • TwoFourDee is working their way up.TwoFourDee is working their way up.TwoFourDee is working their way up.
                        Kind of like R32 skyline owners.... =P

You'll basically have to make a similar sized headlight fit to pass the inspection.  You're going to have a hell of a time fighting them over regulations.
                        You can delete my posts but you can't delete my dignity.

August 06, 2012, 07:21 PM #37

TonyPajamaz Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Audi A4, 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata
                          • Reputation Power: 78
                          • TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.
                          Originally posted by peg_pulsar
                          So, what if your car has no north american counter part? No DOT headlights/tail lights/markers were never made for my car. But, under the CMVSS certain e-code lights are legal, but no cop ever seems to recognize this. And, no law or regulation i can find says anything about dot regulations for anything other than headlights, no mention is made of tail lights or corner lights. I got pulled over last night here in winnipeg and they say i need to change all my lights out, but all of my lights are e-code (E13) which is luxembourg, a left hand drive country and recognized by CMVSS standard 108.1, and ECE regulation No. 8. Any help with this guys? thanks, ryan.

I was told that E13 is no good....I could be wrong. I know E4 is acceptable.

Like Simon said it's like owning a skyline, you find lights that fit fairly close and fabricate your own brackets.

I went through it all with my R32, accord lights, cutting out the stock tails siliconing trailer lenses.

the more important question: You said they told you you are gonna have to change all your lights... did they give you a ticket to back that statement up or did they just simply tell you?
                          [Jan 01 21:16:06] Faken:most steady hand/10

[Sep 23 14:27:56] Faken:i was focusing on dan's bum

August 06, 2012, 08:41 PM #38

peg_pulsar Offline

I have a ticket that says the lenses on both head lights and tail lights are not approved. The actual inpection paper that i need to bring back to them with it all fixed says "-lit marker or tail lights. - license plate light. - Horn. - Tail light and head light lenses not approved (DOT or SAE)
                            1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                            2005 Chevrolet Colorado

August 06, 2012, 08:48 PM #39

TonyPajamaz Offline

• TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.
                              If you luck out on who you get for your re inspection, you only have to fix what's on the ticket.

If you get Elmer, or you have to go into mpi's vehicle inspection unit they will go over your entire car.

August 06, 2012, 08:56 PM #40

peg_pulsar Offline

ah yes, ive heard that name. apparently he's crooked and makes a ton of money off this rhd ticketing.
                                1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                                2005 Chevrolet Colorado

August 06, 2012, 09:03 PM #41

TonyPajamaz Offline

ah yes, ive heard that name. apparently he's crooked and makes a ton of money off this rhd ticketing.

Never heard that...That sounds like a big rumour lol.

He's just an asshole, that's unreasonable and is the head behind WPS VIU sector.

August 07, 2012, 08:35 AM #42

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                                    • Reputation Power: 38
                                    • IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.

How would he make money off these RHD tickets, and what is he doing that makes him crooked?

He's not a good guy, and a huge douchebag from what I've heard, but I've never heard anything to suggest the above.
                                    '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                    '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                    '04 Lexus GX470

August 07, 2012, 08:37 AM #43

IanB Offline

• IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.
                                      Originally posted by TonyPajamaz
                                      I was told that E13 is no good....I could be wrong. I know E4 is acceptable.

Is there a master list somewhere that specifies which E-code countries are accepted in lieu of DOT/SAE?  You would think that any LHD country, or markings indicating the housing can be used for LHD (some have arrows as they can simply be aimed for either RHD or LHD) should be accepted.
                                      '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                      '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                      '04 Lexus GX470

August 07, 2012, 09:10 AM #44

peg_pulsar Offline

I have no proof to back it up, and for all i know i could be completely wrong, but from what ive read on heights he makes money off getting paid time in court to fight bogus tickets. Who knows though.
                                        As for the E-Code, Its ECE regulation No. 8, which is recognized by CMVSS 108.1. Basically states that any lights with the "E" followed by a number, encircled, being from a left hand drive country, should be recognized as a suitable replacement for DOT. We'll see what the inspection guys think about it.
                                        1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                                        2005 Chevrolet Colorado

August 07, 2012, 09:23 AM #45

SeñorScooby

They will call it hearsay, most likely.

August 07, 2012, 09:46 AM #46

IanB Offline

I have no proof to back it up, and for all i know i could be completely wrong, but from what ive read on heights he makes money off getting paid time in court to fight bogus tickets. Who knows though.

That is no different than any other cop, it's part of their job, and says nothing about the character of the officer getting paid OT to appear in court.  It's a flaw in the system perhaps, but not of the individual officer.  Certainly not grounds for calling someone "crooked".
                                            '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                            '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                            '04 Lexus GX470

August 07, 2012, 11:45 AM #47

peg_pulsar Offline

Well, i dont know about it being hearsay. It's written, i have a copy of both. So we'll see i suppose
                                              1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                                              2005 Chevrolet Colorado

August 07, 2012, 12:11 PM #48

TonyPajamaz Offline

That being said from my 4 meetings with him, he's an unpleasent person.

Not knowledageable enough to be performing roadside inspections, very rude, doesn't litlsten, and makes assumptions rather then getting down on his knees and checking things out.

He's also a liar, he told me straight to my face that my car had passed and took my papers to submit. When I sold the car it magically had not passed.

August 07, 2012, 01:21 PM #49

ZAKU Offline

• Reputation Power: 28
                                                  • ZAKU barely matters.ZAKU barely matters.
                                                  So what exactly happens if you are pulled over and have non-compliant parts? Are you given a ticket with fees/demerits or are you given a deadline to have it fixed?

And what exactly is the law on lighting? My headlights and corner lights are DOT but my amber turn signals are only stamped SAE.
                                                  I consider every deleted post a small victory.

Top Tier Imports

RHD Owners
                                                    « Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 01:21 PM »