Author Topic: Charles' Gen-4 Swapped MR2  (Read 18971 times)

July 20, 2016, 07:38 AM #175

SavageTaco Offline

• Vehicle: Evo9 GG MR
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • SavageTaco has no influence.
I love MR2'S, this one is one of my favorites. The engine bay is uber clean.
Evo 9 aka "The Grinch" pump gas warrior
Self tuned on an AEM V2
2000 Aristo V300 - Daily
"When in doubt run flat out"- C Mcrae

Top Tier Imports

Charles' Gen-4 Swapped MR2
    « Reply #175 on: July 20, 2016, 07:38 AM »

July 20, 2016, 10:54 AM #176

charlesjm Offline

• Vehicle: 1991 MR2 Turbo, 2007 Legacy Spec.B
    • Reputation Power: 26
    • charlesjm barely matters.charlesjm barely matters.
    Originally posted by tytanium
    by far my fav mr2 in the city. love this thing

Thanks man, we've got quite a few nice ones in the city!

Originally posted by #StreetFocus
    Very nice car, I love the DIY aspect of the side skirt extensions and Lip. very nice!

Me too! They're something I figured i could try making, glad I did. We've since made another set of the side skirt extensions and mounted them to a buddies mazda 3

Originally posted by SavageTaco
    I love MR2'S, this one is one of my favorites. The engine bay is uber clean.

Thanks! Being at driven was a bad inspiration. Seems like everyone is doing wire tucks and de-cluttering their bays... looking at mine there's a lot that could be re-routed or relocated. May be a project in the future.
    #KenDeals
    #MRBlue

July 28, 2016, 10:06 AM #177

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
      • Reputation Power: 117
      • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
      I love both these cars, and I agree that the lip and side skirt extensions look awesome. I might have to try to so something similar on my celica.
      BAASSSSSSS
      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
      Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

July 29, 2016, 10:16 AM #178

charlesjm Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
        I love both these cars, and I agree that the lip and side skirt extensions look awesome. I might have to try to so something similar on my celica.

Thanks man!
        It's honestly a fun little project to do, even if it's just to give you an idea of how something aftermarket would look.
        It's also dirt cheap to make which is a solid win.
        I'm sure a lot of people don't like how home made it looks, but I think it adds a bit of character as it's not something that you can buy off the shelf.
        If you do end up making a set, I look forward to seeing how it looks on your car!
        #KenDeals
        #MRBlue

July 29, 2016, 10:25 AM #179

charlesjm Offline

Not build related, but went on a photoshoot with @StreltovX last night!

Note these are just iPhone pics. I'll update with the new photos once Alex is finished editing them.

Untitled by Charles Murray, on Flickr

#perogiesnaps

Can't wait to see how Alex's version of the above picture turns out.
          #KenDeals
          #MRBlue

July 29, 2016, 10:45 AM #180

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
            • Reputation Power: 117
            • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
            Originally posted by charlesjm
            Thanks man!
            It's honestly a fun little project to do, even if it's just to give you an idea of how something aftermarket would look.
            It's also dirt cheap to make which is a solid win.
            I'm sure a lot of people don't like how home made it looks, but I think it adds a bit of character as it's not something that you can buy off the shelf.
            If you do end up making a set, I look forward to seeing how it looks on your car!
            I would expariement a lot with it, my end goal would be to create something that you cant tell that its home made.
            BAASSSSSSS
            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

May 08, 2017, 07:30 PM #181

charlesjm Offline

Bumping this up! New season and new parts on the way.

First off, as some of you may have seen, the Advan's are up for sale, and I have a pair of new wheels on the way. Expected to land in Canada by Friday, roughly a week shipping to Winnipeg after that. Hopefully (and should) have them all mounted up and ready to go for Spring Awakening 2017!

Also getting changed up this year is my front lip set up.
              Ditching the old setup of Shine S-Type + Home made extension:

MR2 (5 of 23) by Charles Murray, on Flickr

For...

larry_chen_speedhunters_mr2_turbo_sw20-10-1200x800 by Charles Murray, on Flickr

Greddy lip. It'll flow better with the lines of my Greddy side skirts, plus the height will match. Current lip is too high, extension sat way too low in comparison (plus the look of it really lost my interest over winter).

Also on the way is a new set of coilover top mounts. These provide way more camber off the coil by placing the mounting point inward on the car (like a fixed camber plate), as well as provide additional caster by leaning the coil backwards. The mounts are from Wilhelm Race Works and are a much needed upgrade, my tires were not only slightly rubbing on the fenders, but also ever so slightly on the coil. Drivability mods FTW.

Left to order is a new spoiler. Current one is going to a local friend; I love the carbon Tom's duckbill, but it was time to change it up a bit.

Greatly looking forward to Spring Awakening, still parts to receive and work left to do.
              #KenDeals
              #MRBlue

May 09, 2017, 10:03 AM #182

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                • Reputation Power: 369
                • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                Damn, new wheels and lip are gonna look fantastic!

June 21, 2017, 10:25 PM #183

charlesjm Offline

Good news! New wheels have arrived!

...buuuuut I'm not sharing them until they're installed on the car. Which won't be until the end of July / early August.

Otherwise, the changes for this year are:
                  - Greddy front lip.
                  - 1991 OEM MR2 rear spoiler, minus the 3/4 panel extensions.
                  - Wilhelm Racing front coilover mounts.

Love the changes this year, car is looking cleaner and more aggressive. Absolutely in love with the Greddy lip. The 91 spoiler is a "this year" item, until I finally go ahead and order a 98 OEM MR2 spoiler.

Here's a few more pictures of how the car is looking now:

TTI_CS_-May-28-2017-83-1 by Charles Murray, on Flickr

TTI_CS_-May-28-2017-15-2 by Charles Murray, on Flickr

TTI_CS_-May-28-2017-84-1 by Charles Murray, on Flickr

Upcoming for the car is the wheel install and a bit of maintenance!

For the wheel install I'm installing extended rear studs, since the offset on my new wheels is slightly less in the rear I'll be running a spacer to make up for it. I'm also planning on downsizing from my current 235 / 255 tire setup to a 215/ 235 setup.

The car started having an exhaust leak last fall right off the exhaust manifold. It was minor, so I left it over winter. Now it`s almost gotten to the point of being blown out, and is quite loud on cold startup. Other items to fix are the valve cover gasket, and a new set of front brake rotors and pads. I`ll also be rewrapping the hood, as I got a liiiiiittle too close with the power washer at the car wash on a stone chip and tore the wrap in about a 3/4" area.

Next update will come once the new wheels are installed. I'm beyond excited for these wheels... they're one of my dream wheels, and they're in a one-off colour. Also going back to rocking some dish... :alien:
                  #KenDeals
                  #MRBlue

Top Tier Imports

Charles' Gen-4 Swapped MR2
                    « Reply #183 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25 PM »