Author Topic: Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread  (Read 72736 times)

January 02, 2018, 10:01 PM #1875

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 66
  • benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
K chill Ladies.
'91 240sx Hatch
'93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
'50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
'04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
'95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

Top Tier Imports

Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread
    « Reply #1875 on: January 02, 2018, 10:01 PM »

January 03, 2018, 02:47 PM #1876

#StreetFocus Online

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 89
    • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    Originally posted by benz88
    K chill Ladies.
    Lol right?

Guess my fix on the work truck worked. Hasn't dropped any coolant yet. Success.

January 08, 2018, 01:16 PM #1877

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
      • Reputation Power: 13
      • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
      Streetfocus , you removed your front sway bar right? I was thinking of removing mine as well and heard lots of pros and cons. How is yours driving? Is it worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 08, 2018, 01:33 PM #1878

#StreetFocus Online

• #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
        well, I haven't removed it but its got broken end links so its the same effect lol.

It's more.... sway-ish on road lol, but I'm used to it.

Go unbolt one sides end link and see how you like it. Lots more body roll but I don't mind it.

January 09, 2018, 04:17 PM #1879

#StreetFocus Online

And R.I.P. Truck transmission. lost all gears. that's fun.

January 09, 2018, 06:46 PM #1880

Madbuzz41 Offline

Originally posted by #StreetFocus
            And R.I.P. Truck transmission. lost all gears. that's fun.

In the ranger?

January 09, 2018, 06:53 PM #1881

#StreetFocus Online

yep. was driving back from getting the mail in town, cruising along at maybe 40 kmh. then all of a sudden truck revs up but speed starts dropping lol. have no forward gears, no reverse, park still holds.

January 09, 2018, 07:18 PM #1882

Madbuzz41 Offline

yep. was driving back from getting the mail in town, cruising along at maybe 40 kmh. then all of a sudden truck revs up but speed starts dropping lol. have no forward gears, no reverse, park still holds.

Could be the torque converter. That sucks , I thought it was pretty hard to blow these trans.

January 09, 2018, 07:35 PM #1883

#StreetFocus Online

Could be a few things. I'm just not even thinking about it right now lol. I'll worry about it later.

although, I do know now that the Maverick is capable of towing the Ranger lol

January 09, 2018, 07:46 PM #1884

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                    • Reputation Power: 44
                    • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...

I assume you've checked the trans fluid level back when you first started having issues?
                    '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                    '04 Lexus GX470

January 09, 2018, 07:47 PM #1885

#StreetFocus Online

Originally posted by IanB
                      I assume you've checked the trans fluid level back when you first started having issues?
                      yup yup. All good on that front.

January 10, 2018, 09:02 PM #1886

benz88 Offline

• benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
                        My truck did that when I was driving it home after I bought it. Turns out it was the Encoder motor sensor on the Tcase.
                        '91 240sx Hatch

January 10, 2018, 09:58 PM #1887

#StreetFocus Online

only motor on my tcase is the shift motor lol.

in any gear it will sloooooowly creep a long if the ground is flat when revving it to about 3k rpm. any sort of bump at all, like even in my driveway a tiny snow bump it would just go forward a bit then roll back lol. it was hilarious.

so im guessing either pump is bad, not giving enough pressure, or torque converter. but, I know very little about auto transmissions, especially this electronic one.
                          Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:05 PM by #StreetFocus

January 13, 2018, 02:10 AM #1888

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                            • Reputation Power: 85
                            • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                            Originally posted by benz88
                            My truck did that when I was driving it home after I bought it. Turns out it was the Encoder motor sensor on the Tcase.

What exactly happened?
                            Originally posted by Winter Beater
                            If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

January 13, 2018, 02:11 AM #1889

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                              • Reputation Power: 85
                              • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                              only motor on my tcase is the shift motor lol.

in any gear it will sloooooowly creep a long if the ground is flat when revving it to about 3k rpm. any sort of bump at all, like even in my driveway a tiny snow bump it would just go forward a bit then roll back lol. it was hilarious.

so im guessing either pump is bad, not giving enough pressure, or torque converter. but, I know very little about auto transmissions, especially this electronic one.

So whatís the plan meow?
                              Originally posted by Winter Beater
                              If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

January 13, 2018, 05:36 AM #1890

#StreetFocus Online

Originally posted by ACiFiC
                                So whatís the plan meow?
                                Probably a drop and swap with a trans of Kijiji.

January 13, 2018, 09:45 AM #1891

benz88 Offline

Originally posted by ACiFiC

What exactly happened?

When I test drove my truck it drove it with the Tcase in Auto. Then when I bought it I switched it to 2wd since it was nice out and not snowing. Made it a 1km from the sellers house in 2wd before it would just sit there and Rev up. Tried every gear and same thing. Popped it in Auto again and it worked so I continued driving. Once I got to #59 and the Grande Pointe turn off I tossed it back into 2wd and it worked. Got about 5mins of driving and made it to Sage Creek on 59 before it just revved up again. So Back into auto it went. I left it there till I got home and read up what the problem was, I had called the seller so see if he knew but he denied knowing of any problems (mmhm) which is probably why it was on the market for over 2 months and I got it for half what they were going for lol.

Ordered  an encoder motor sensor and swapped it at the farm. Hardest part was getting the motor clocked back in properly into the Tcase and the tight spot between the front DS yoke on it

Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:47 AM by benz88
                                  '91 240sx Hatch

January 14, 2018, 07:00 PM #1892

#StreetFocus Online

not as bad as I thought it would end up looking

January 14, 2018, 07:10 PM #1893

benz88 Offline

Nice Colorado
                                      '91 240sx Hatch

January 14, 2018, 07:16 PM #1894

#StreetFocus Online

I mean, yeah they all have similarities. I love how the bumper on the ford is actually separate though. The chevy it extends so far up it just looks odd.

I also like how the back of the cab isnt rounded off like the Chevy's is. It's more truck-like. This is also something the Global ranger had that i'm glad they changed.

the back of the rear window, yea straight, very Colorado-ish, but the Colorado took that from the global ranger. so... there's that.

I wouldnt buy one, but it's not the ugliest truck out there. Ford did a good job "Americanizing" the T6 ranger.

Top Tier Imports

Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread
                                          « Reply #1894 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16 PM »