Author Topic: Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread  (Read 75201 times)

February 07, 2018, 10:16 PM #1975

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
  • Reputation Power: 93
  • #StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!
eh, the shocks on the zr2 are gimmicky. they may work, but better than Fox/King? not likely. And rebuilding? good luck with the ZR2, the fox I could rebuild in my shed. not to mention cost to replace when the massive external reservoirs on the zr2 get bunged up because they're just begging to get hit with how they're positioned. hardly the "best money can buy". Don't kid yourself lol. they are at best on par with similarly prices King/Fox shocks. The piston rods are smaller too on the zr2 shocks. Too much abuse and they'd bend where Fox/King would take more abuse before succumbing to damage.

I mean look at it.... It's just begging to get smashed.

the ranger raptor suspension will be better than the ZR2. No doubt in my mind.

the ZR2 was designed to beat the TRD pro. and it does. But the Ranger Raptor was designed to destroy the ZR2 offroad, and it will.

not to mention tire size is smaller on the chevy, approach/departure angles are worse on the chevy. 8.9" ground clearance on the ZR2, 11" on the ranger.

getting back to suspension, the ZR2 only has 8.6" up front, and 10" out back with leafs. a stock 2006 ranger has 8" up front, and 10" out back. You think a ranger raptor isnt gonna have more? it will. Along with a linked rear end and coils for even better performance off road. Sorry, but there is just no way the ZR2 will be better than the ranger. Width as well, the ranger is wider which again alludes to more travel. long control arms, more travel. logic.

The ZR2 is for the guy who wants to look cool, and go moderately fast offroad. The raptor is for the guy who wants to look cool, and go faster than moderately fast offroad.

the only place the ZR2 currently wins, is horsepower, because the ranger is only a diesel at this point whereas the chevy can be had with a gasser. HOWEVER, comparing apples to apples, the Ranger diesel has more power, and the same torque as the chevy diesel, so really it's a win for the ranger there too.

Top Tier Imports

Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread
    « Reply #1975 on: February 07, 2018, 10:16 PM »

February 08, 2018, 02:44 PM #1976

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
    • Reputation Power: 13
    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
    I love the idea of the baby duramax , plus theirs guys tuning them and getting 220hp and 450 ft-lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

February 08, 2018, 05:04 PM #1977

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 72
      • benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.
      Originally posted by #StreetFocus
      eh, the shocks on the zr2 are gimmicky. they may work, but better than Fox/King? not likely. And rebuilding? good luck with the ZR2, the fox I could rebuild in my shed. not to mention cost to replace when the massive external reservoirs on the zr2 get bunged up because they're just begging to get hit with how they're positioned. hardly the "best money can buy". Don't kid yourself lol. they are at best on par with similarly prices King/Fox shocks. The piston rods are smaller too on the zr2 shocks. Too much abuse and they'd bend where Fox/King would take more abuse before succumbing to damage.

I mean look at it.... It's just begging to get smashed.

the ranger raptor suspension will be better than the ZR2. No doubt in my mind.

the ZR2 was designed to beat the TRD pro. and it does. But the Ranger Raptor was designed to destroy the ZR2 offroad, and it will.

not to mention tire size is smaller on the chevy, approach/departure angles are worse on the chevy. 8.9" ground clearance on the ZR2, 11" on the ranger.

getting back to suspension, the ZR2 only has 8.6" up front, and 10" out back with leafs. a stock 2006 ranger has 8" up front, and 10" out back. You think a ranger raptor isnt gonna have more? it will. Along with a linked rear end and coils for even better performance off road. Sorry, but there is just no way the ZR2 will be better than the ranger. Width as well, the ranger is wider which again alludes to more travel. long control arms, more travel. logic.

The ZR2 is for the guy who wants to look cool, and go moderately fast offroad. The raptor is for the guy who wants to look cool, and go faster than moderately fast offroad.

the only place the ZR2 currently wins, is horsepower, because the ranger is only a diesel at this point whereas the chevy can be had with a gasser. HOWEVER, comparing apples to apples, the Ranger diesel has more power, and the same torque as the chevy diesel, so really it's a win for the ranger there too.
      Funny thing is I know you'd get mad, I baited you and you fell for it. There is nothing wrong with the DSSV considering they have it on tons of race cars and super cars. Placement is a little bad though I admit.
      Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:07 PM by benz88
      '91 240sx Hatch
      '93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
      '50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
      '04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
      '95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

February 08, 2018, 05:57 PM #1978

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
        • Reputation Power: 21
        • cluelessk barely matters.cluelessk barely matters.
        I'm looking forward to the eventual Motortrend Head2Head.
        [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

February 08, 2018, 06:51 PM #1979

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!
          Originally posted by benz88
          Funny thing is I know you'd get mad, I baited you and you fell for it. There is nothing wrong with the DSSV considering they have it on tons of race cars and super cars. Placement is a little bad though I admit.

I wouldn't say I'm mad. I have no interest in buying either so I have zero reason to get mad and justify what I think is better. I'm just pointing out the facts.

Why you feel the need to bait people into getting mad online is a mystery to me, but whatever floats your boat.

February 08, 2018, 10:29 PM #1980

benz88 Offline

• benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.benz88 has a powerful will.

I wouldn't say I'm mad. I have no interest in buying either so I have zero reason to get mad and justify what I think is better. I'm just pointing out the facts.

Why you feel the need to bait people into getting mad online is a mystery to me, but whatever floats your boat.
            cause it seems like if its not a ford or ranger you think its **** for the most part. Also gotta have some entertainment in here now that Madbuzz aint talking about tires and MPG finally
            '91 240sx Hatch

February 08, 2018, 10:30 PM #1981

#StreetFocus Offline

not at all. there are plenty of fords I dislike quite a lot, and plenty of vehicles from other brands I love.

February 08, 2018, 10:33 PM #1982

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                • Reputation Power: 13
                • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                I hate fords but I love my ranger. Is that weird? I feel like my ranger is like tried and true. Built tough in the 80s and wasnt changed since. Id never buy one of those new eco boosts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

February 09, 2018, 08:55 AM #1983

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                  • Reputation Power: 45
                  • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                  I hate fords but I love my ranger. Is that weird? I feel like my ranger is like tried and true. Built tough in the 80s and wasnt changed since. Id never buy one of those new eco boosts

Hasn't changed since?!?  WTF are you on about now?  How closely would you say this resembles your Ranger?
                  '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                  '04 Lexus GX470

February 09, 2018, 09:31 AM #1984

#StreetFocus Offline

Lmao. It's exactly the same dude c'mon can't you see it?

More like they haven't changed from 98-11 aside from body panels. Essentially. 98 is hardly the 80's lol

There's a Ford courier on kijiji, I'd love to have one of those. Drop it, and cruise. So rare around here to find one.
                    Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:33 AM by #StreetFocus

February 09, 2018, 10:05 AM #1985

cluelessk Offline

Is it that brown Courier?

I'd love to.find  Chevy Luv. Guy on a Cobalt forum is swapping a supercharged Ecotec into it.

February 09, 2018, 01:34 PM #1986

#StreetFocus Offline

It's a white courier. Looks to be in decent enough shape.

Dang, a luv with that engine would be friggin sweet.

February 09, 2018, 03:23 PM #1987

cluelessk Offline

It's a white courier. Looks to be in decent enough shape.

Dang, a luv with that engine would be friggin sweet.

I was wrong about it being supercharged. He put a turbo on it instead.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/all-cars-caf%C3%A9-195/not-your-typical-pick-em-up-truck-ectotec-80-chevy-luv-322509/index6.html

February 09, 2018, 03:24 PM #1988

#StreetFocus Offline

Better way to go on those engines anyways. Looks pretty good in the bay.

February 09, 2018, 07:34 PM #1989

benz88 Offline

Courier was based on the Mazda b1500/ REPU.

courier
                              '91 240sx Hatch

February 10, 2018, 12:25 AM #1990

#StreetFocus Offline

yep yep. Always loved em since I first saw one many years ago in the next town over.

February 10, 2018, 09:20 AM #1991

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                  • Reputation Power: 45
                                  • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                                  Mazda grille with the extra light is nicer IMO.  Both are cool.
                                  '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                  '04 Lexus GX470

February 10, 2018, 02:11 PM #1992

#StreetFocus Offline

both are awesome, as are all the mini trucks from that time period.

they just look so good.

bagged ford courier | shoot by Josh Crump, on Flickr

bagged ford courier | shoot by Josh Crump, on Flickr

I LOVE the datsuns

then there's this gorgeous thing.

February 11, 2018, 02:21 AM #1993

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                      • Reputation Power: 177
                                      • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                      I'm thinking about getting a truck.. I test drove the TRD Sport and for 44 grand, it felt underwhelming, and as much as I like the look of the TRD Pro, I can't justify spending 55k on it..and the TRD Offroad has some things that I don't think I'd need.. I'm probably going to test drive the ZR2 sometime this week, depending how bored I am, but I'm not completely sold on it's looks.

Probably will look more at a new F150, or the new Ranger when it eventually makes its way to North America.

I definitely like the look of the new Ranger, however I'm not sold on the engine.. a Ecoboost 2.3L? pic related

I'm trying to find my way up to Keeyask, since it's a shortcut to buying a house and a new truck.. So probably won't actually buy for awhile.. But I think I'm done with the civic.
                                      Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:23 AM by Vince
                                      (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

February 11, 2018, 08:05 AM #1994

peg_pulsar Offline

• Vehicle: Pulsar GTI-R, Colorado
                                        • Reputation Power: 12
                                        • peg_pulsar has no influence.
                                        I've been looking into getting a new truck too. I miss the fun I had in the 4Runner and my 05 Colorado is pretty sad offroad even though it's 4wd. I really like the Tacoma TRD off-road. It's the nicest looking of the mid sized trucks IMO. And it's offroad capabilities look awesome, as long as it's maintained it's Toyota dependability. Not that you'd ever use it in real life but that crawl control function looks pretty cool. I can't believe they put crawl into the off-road after only having it in the PRO in 2016, I too can't see the worth in $12,000 more for the PRO. I too wonder about the new Colorado, but I'm worried it might not really perform that great offroad in real life. I haven't looked into specs like approach angle, ground clearance and stuff like that yet, or how the 4wd system is.
                                        1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
                                        1990 Toyota 4Runner (R.I.P)
                                        2007 Suzuki GSX-R600 SOLD
                                        2005 Chevrolet Colorado

BW:145ish. PR's: S-419, B-270, D-510, Wilks-427

February 15, 2018, 07:12 PM #1995

alohaimmatt Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                                          • Reputation Power: 17
                                          • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                                          11.79 L / 100KM (19.9 MPG)

This is the gas mileage thread yeah?

February 15, 2018, 07:25 PM #1996

#StreetFocus Offline

thats purty good

Top Tier Imports

Trucks/ Tow rigs / 4x4 Thread
                                              « Reply #1996 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25 PM »