Author Topic: Alignments. Where do you do yours?  (Read 24929 times)

July 15, 2015, 10:44 PM #250

DAGS Offline

• Vehicle: 09 Civic & 11 Equinox
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • DAGS barely matters.DAGS barely matters.
Call Edward at Birchwood honda west.

Top Tier Imports

Alignments. Where do you do yours?
    « Reply #250 on: July 15, 2015, 10:44 PM »

August 16, 2015, 09:18 AM #251

sunshine Offline

• Reputation Power: 16
    • sunshine has no influence.
    Who should I take my car to for an alignment if I want it spot on for the specs I want and matching on both sides?
    One side always seems to be at least a little off from the other.

Not slammed but has coilovers.

August 16, 2015, 11:15 AM #252

xrdriver Offline

• Vehicle: '15 STi &'10 STi
      • Reputation Power: 14
      • xrdriver has no influence.
      I took my car to Roland at Vickar Nissan Friday.  He got it spot on to my specs, as usual.

August 16, 2015, 01:59 PM #253

sunshine Offline

Originally posted by xrdriver
        I took my car to Roland at Vickar Nissan Friday.  He got it spot on to my specs, as usual.

Got any pics of the printout?

August 16, 2015, 02:40 PM #254

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
          • Reputation Power: 221
          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
          X2 for roland at vickar nissan. Specs as per my request.
          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

August 17, 2015, 03:09 PM #255

sunshine Offline

I have an alignment booked with roland at vickar nissan this wed.

August 25, 2015, 03:32 PM #256

Impact Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
              • Reputation Power: 51
              • Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.
              just got mine done at Vickar Nissan...
              Took about 1.5 hours
              1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

August 25, 2015, 07:12 PM #257

sunshine Offline

Originally posted by Impact
                just got mine done at Vickar Nissan...
                Took about 1.5 hours
                Post results.

Heres mine starting off with the crazy alignment after suspension parts got installed. And the factory specs are not correct for this car so ignore those.
                Was told he could not get the rear toe in anymore. Will have to get it checked out when theres time.

August 25, 2015, 07:15 PM #258

Impact Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
                  • Reputation Power: 51
                  • Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.Impact is on the verge of being accepted.
                  I wanted these specs. Close to Evo 8 oem specs

On the before, was @Sharino dropping the car on the coils and switching out the tie rods.
                  Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:17 PM by Impact
                  1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

September 12, 2015, 12:10 AM #259

sunshine Offline

Forgot to mention roland at vickar nissan did a great job to get the specs I wanted.
                    Steering wheel was a little tilted to the right and he fixed it when I took it back.
                    He also let me know one of my rear tie rods were too rusted or siezed to adjust for toe in.
                    Will be taking care of that then the alignment will be spot on.

August 28, 2016, 07:52 PM #260

C.J974 Offline

• Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
                      • Reputation Power: 8
                      • C.J974 has no influence.
                      I installed coils on my fozzy a little while ago and I need an alignment, but I'm fairly certain factory specs won't do. But then my question is where would I start to figure out what kind of camber I will need to get my wheels to clear my fenders? My foz isn't super low (~3 inch drop) but it is low enough to require "special treatment" I'm. Not going for full hovercraft, just clear the fenders. Where would I start to figure out what I will need? Can they figure it out at the alignment shop? Or will that just rack up my bill?
                      And as for where to go, I've had honda west recommended, and I saw mcphilips hyundai (much closer to me) in this thread. Is there anywhere closer to NK area? Or is hyundai my best bet?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

August 28, 2016, 10:27 PM #261

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
                        • Reputation Power: 17
                        • cluelessk has no influence.
                        Originally posted by C.J974
                        I installed coils on my fozzy a little while ago and I need an alignment, but I'm fairly certain factory specs won't do. But then my question is where would I start to figure out what kind of camber I will need to get my wheels to clear my fenders? My foz isn't super low (~3 inch drop) but it is low enough to require "special treatment" I'm. Not going for full hovercraft, just clear the fenders. Where would I start to figure out what I will need? Can they figure it out at the alignment shop? Or will that just rack up my bill?
                        And as for where to go, I've had honda west recommended, and I saw mcphilips hyundai (much closer to me) in this thread. Is there anywhere closer to NK area? Or is hyundai my best bet?

Usually platform specific forums have info on similarly spec'd cars. Most shops shy away from heavily modified suspension. Especially dealership's.
                        [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

August 28, 2016, 10:46 PM #262

Igor Offline

• Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!

For camber you can eye ball it yourself and set it to about where you want it to be (enough to clear) and the tell them even it out to the most positive or negative one.

August 29, 2016, 10:30 PM #263

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                            • Reputation Power: 97
                            • Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!

TLDR: get it close, go to gerry gordons. get a regular alignment

I did the alignment for the legacy.... back on page 10 of this thread. Gerry Gordons, drop your fozzy to the height you want, take it to them. Eyeball it to where it looks like it will clear the fenders like @Igor said, you can get it kinda close that way. Ask them to match using the Cam Bolts... This will save you $$$. A Regular alignment is around $115, Their custom or Performance; where they utilize the top hat camber plates are around $200+ IIRC. They tried the, "you need this to make it work", "our tech used to work on race cars" sort of thing... dont bother. you will adjust the camber more as you toy with it anyways. Id be more concerned with the other metrics
                            '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                            '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                            IG: colby_spence
                            Snap: cspence47

August 30, 2016, 12:18 AM #264

C.J974 Offline

• Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
                              • Reputation Power: 8
                              • C.J974 has no influence.
                              Originally posted by Colby
                              TLDR: get it close, go to gerry gordons. get a regular alignment

I did the alignment for the legacy.... back on page 10 of this thread. Gerry Gordons, drop your fozzy to the height you want, take it to them. Eyeball it to where it looks like it will clear the fenders like @Igor said, you can get it kinda close that way. Ask them to match using the Cam Bolts... This will save you $$$. A Regular alignment is around $115, Their custom or Performance; where they utilize the top hat camber plates are around $200+ IIRC. They tried the, "you need this to make it work", "our tech used to work on race cars" sort of thing... dont bother. you will adjust the camber more as you toy with it anyways. Id be more concerned with the other metrics
                              So I have the fronts pretty close, and now it's the back left side that's giving me trouble. The right side is fine, but left almost seems like it has positive camber. How would I adjust the rear camber? They don't have camber plates, nor do they have camber bolts...

You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

August 30, 2016, 07:01 AM #265

Igor Offline

So I have the fronts pretty close, and now it's the back left side that's giving me trouble. The right side is fine, but left almost seems like it has positive camber. How would I adjust the rear camber? They don't have camber plates, nor do they have camber bolts...

You will need adjustable lower control arms most likely.

Top Tier Imports

Alignments. Where do you do yours?
                                  « Reply #265 on: August 30, 2016, 07:01 AM »