Author Topic: 2013 WSCC AutoSlalom Car Class Info/Questions Thread  (Read 7185 times)

December 30, 2012, 05:33 PM #0

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
Alright I've been seeing a lot of questions regarding car classes in the "Autocross thread". I've made this thread in the hope of getting more information available regarding car classes for the the 2013 WSCC (Winnipeg Sports Car Club) autocross season and hopefully convincing more TTI folks to join in.

Please note the 2013 SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) car class rule book is not yet available and some changes will be made over the 2012 rules. Also the WSCC supplementary car classification may or may not change from 2012. I'll do my best to update as more info is available. 

*If you have never autocrossed before or only plan to attend a few events no need to worry about car classes all that much. Focus on learning how to drive and just have fun. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WSCC Info: How Car Classes are Divided into Groups

The WSCC uses SCCA car classes and divides them into 4 groups to better suit local needs.

1. SCCA Competition

Very simple here, if you look at the SCCA car classification under the rule book and follow it word for word you will end up in this class. Here's few easy questions to ask yourself to see if you fall into this class.

Do I have racing tires/or tires with a treadware under 140? If yes, you are in SCCA Competition.
Does my car follow the Street Touring (ST) rules from the SCCA rule book? If yes, you are in SCCA Competition.

2. Stock Street Tire
We have a separate group for Stock class because under the SCCA rules DOT racing tires are allowed. Keep in mind these race tires are anything with a tread rating under 140 but must have DOT stamp on the tire. The most competitive tire is arguably the Hoosier A6, however they cost x2 as street tires and last about 1/2 as long. Because of the costs involved our local Stock class excludes racing tires with a tread-ware under 140 to attract competitors and keeps costs low. Stock cars with racing tires can still compete, however they would compete under the SCCA Competition Group.

3. Prepared/Modified Street Tires
To compete in this group you must have a car that falls under Street prepared (SP), Street Modified (SM) Prepared (P) or Modified (M) rules but your tires must be street tires with a tread rating of 140 or more. Like Stock, this caters to the competitors with modified cars using street tires. Cars using race tires are allow cars to compete in SP, SM, P or M, however the correct placement for those cars is under the SCCA Competition group.

4. NYC (Not Yet Classed)
Not really a car class mostly a run what you brung group.  Anyone without a yearly membership or that doesn't know or care about car classes is in this group. No points are accumulated and no PAX factors are considered.

To clarify, if you are not an annual member of the WSCC you can only participate in the NYC group. You need a WSCC membership to enroll in a car class.
Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:02 PM by Magner

Top Tier Imports

2013 WSCC AutoSlalom Car Class Info/Questions Thread
    « on: December 30, 2012, 05:33 PM »

December 30, 2012, 05:34 PM #1

Magner Offline

• Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
    How to Find the correct Car Class within the WSCC Groups

Okay so in the first post we have explained how the 4 main groups are divided. Now letís look at the specific car classes a car might fall under and figure out how to find the correct one.

I'll use a 2010 Civic Si with mods as an example to determine what class a modded car might fall into.

Mods for the this 2010 Civic Si are,  coilovers, front and rear swaybar kit,  Hondata, front lip, CAI, Cat back exhaust, wider rims that stock.

*This might help  vif you are a visual learner  trying to figure out car classes. It's a list of all the different car classes available :  http://www.gotcone.com/blog/2012-scca-solo-pax-783.html
    *Note that a few classes under "Street Touring" such as SM, SMF and SSM should be on there own. Street Touring is a dedicated street tire group SMF SSM SM are not. (More on what those numbers next to each class means in a later post)

Step 1: get the 2016 rule book: 2016 SCCA RULE BOOK

Step 2: Go to page 167 where you will find a list of all classes and cars permitted in those classes. Do a search of your car, in this case I'm looking for a 2010 Civic Si model. (I typed in "Civic" and found the listings corresponding for the 2010 Si, note a 1995-Si or a 2010 non-Si might be classed differently, It's important to look for the correct model. 

So for a 2010 Civic Si the options are as follows:
    (each car should have a listing under Stock, ST, SP, SM)

Stock (ranges from SS-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H)
    G-Stock

Street Touring (ST) (Ranges from STF, STC, STS, STX, STR, STU)
    STX

Street Prepared (SP) (Like Stock ranges from SS-A-B-C-D-E-F)
    DSP

Street Modified (SM) (SSM-SM-SMF)
    SMF

(Anything beyond Street Mod like "Prepared" or "Modified class" and you most likely have a non-street worthy car, no point covering them at this point)

Step 3: Now that we have figured out where our example car has landed in each of the possible class sub- groups, we need to narrow it down to the proper class. I find it's much easier to work from Stock down the list towards the classes that allow more and more car modifications. To find out what the rules are for each class will take some time: Stock is at page 71. Street Touring at 81. Street Prepared at 91. Street Modified at page 107. But to save your time I made I little questionnaire to point you in the right direction.

Important: Please note how to interpret the rules. If a modification is not explicitly written in the rule book under a certain class, it is not allowed in that group. Meaning the rule book mostly just lists which mods ARE accepted; anything not explicitly mentioned is not allowed.

I have a few easy questions to narrow down class selection without reading through the entire rule book. (These are a few of the most common mods that throw you out of a specific class)

Stock
    Am I using springs that would have original been installed form the factory when it was sold new?
    Does my car have the factory wheels or an aftermarket set with exactly the same diameter and wheel width as the originals? (offset can be 1/4inch different)
    Does my car have at-least ONE of the original swaybars? (You can have one aftermarket swaybar front or rear but not both)

-If you you answered "yes" to all of these questions there's a good chance you fall into the stock class, keep reading the stock rules at page 71. 
    -If you said "no" move along down the list. Stock isn't the right one for you.

Street Touring
    Does my car still have a stock intake manifold and throttle body?
    Anything goes for exhaust but do I have a catalytic converter mounted within 6" of the original cat?
    Do I use Street tires with a tread-ware rating of 140 or higher?
    Is the car body free of any aftermarket lips, wings, spoiler, side skirts, fender flares?
    (Turbo or SC cars only) Is my car still at the factory boost levels?

-If you answer "yes" to all of these questions and "no" to at-least one of the question under stock class, chances are you fall in Street Touring. Keep reading at page 81 to find out the rest.
    -If you answer no to any one of the questions listed above, keep reading...

Street Prepared
    Does my car still have the stock long block?  (long block= engine from oil pan to the valve covers.  Intake and exhaust manifolds or any ECU is open to anything)
    Does my car have an aftermarket steering wheel? (Only applicable if your car originally had an airbag steering wheel)
    Does my car still have the stock back seat? (if it came with a back seat, front seats can be changed)

*Important to note front lips or spoiler ARE allowed as are rear spoilers. But wings and side skirts are NOT allowed. (It's not that this class is anti-rice, it's more that in the real world a proper set of side skirts and wings can be an aero advantage)

If you answered "yes" to the Street prepared questions but no to at-least one of the question under Stock or Street Touring, you mostly likely fall in the Street Prepared category. Get your read on at page 91.  If answered no to any of the question bellow keep reading...

Street Modified
    1. Does my car have an engine from another car but that engine is still made from the same car maker? (ex: Nissan 240sx with a Nissan SR20DeT or and RB26, Acura RSX with a Honda K24 from a CRV,  Pontiac Fiero with a Z06 Chevy corvette engine. etc...)
    2. Was my car originally non-turbo, but now it has a turbo or supercharger?
    3. Do I have an aftermarket camshaft or upgraded the engine internals?
    Does my car still have the factory floor carpet in the passenger compartment?

If you answered "yes" to at-least 1,2 or 3 and "yes" the the carpet question you will most likely fall in the Street Modified class. Read more about it at page 107.

So going back to our 2010 Civic example car it looks like in falls under the SP group so it would get classed as DSP. Itís in that class because it has an aftermarket lip and the full standalone ECU but most of the other mods are still allowed in Street Touring (or STX specifically).

Step 4: Once you have the car class figured out sign up for an event using your newly found class. This is done on DLBracing.com where you register for events. (More info on that in the monthly events thread later this year)  There will be a list of all the car classes, pick the right one. Also note, you will see 2 listing of your car class. For example if we use DSP from our 2010 Civic Si example you will see DSP-S and DSP-R listed . S is for street tires (tread ware 140 or over) R is for ďrace tiresĒ (DOT approved tire with tread ware under 140). 99% of the time you would pick ďSĒ anyways.

DSP-S places you in the Prepared/ Modified Street Tires group.
    DSP-R places you in the SCCA Competition group. (Any "-R" designation places you in SCCA Competition)

Update April 2013: JDM/RHD/Import car Classing

New WSCC rule for 2013: All JDM/imported cars are legal for Street Modified, provided the car meets all the rules set in Street Modified (page 107). If you don't meet the Street Modified rules sign up for E-Mod. No import is legal for Stock, Street Touring, Prepared or Street Prepared.

How to find your correct Street Modified Class:

Any FWD= SMF
    Any car that was originally built as 2 seater = SSM
    Anything else = SM

-Hopefully this helps finding the right class. Please post car class related question in this thread.
    Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:18 AM by Magner

December 30, 2012, 05:35 PM #2

Magner Offline

How the PAX Factor System Works and Event Points

What is an Autocross PAX Factor?

PAX Factors also known as RTP (Racers Theoretical Performance) is a method of handicapping cars to give everyone a level playing field regardless of cars used or modifications installed. In other words it takes the car out of the equation and measures driver performance. For every car class available thereís a corresponding PAX factor. Since very few people on a local level have identical cars, the PAX times are used to determine driver ranking in the 3 Car groups Classes, (SCCA Competition, Stock Street Tire and Prepared Modified Streets)

Hereís a list of the 2013 PAX factors:

Notice A-Mod (AM) gets a factor of 1. So in this class the PAX time= raw time (raw time is what the time the clock says). All other classes in reference to A-Mod gets a handicap or multiplier of time based on performance potentials.

PAX factors are developed by a long-time member of the SCCA. In a nutshell, for many years this volunteer collects thousands of data points from event all over the United States and compiles a list of PAX factors for each class based on results.

How it Works:
      You simply take the PAX factor of the appropriate car class and multiply it by the run time. The resulting modified time in theory, can now be compared to everyone else in the group and compare performance.

Example:
      If we want to compare drivers in Stock class. One person might be driving a C5 z06 Corvette and the other a Mazda 3. Clearly we canít compare these drivers based on their raw times with such different cars.  The stock class ranges from (SS-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H) The vette being in the fastest group SS-Stock (smallest handicap for Stock) while the Mazda 3 is in H-Stock is in the theoretical slowest (largest handicap in Stock).  So we will employ the PAX factor to compare the driversí performance. For 2013 the SS-Stock factor is 0.859 while H-Stock factor is 0.804.

If a course takes 60 seconds for the Mazda 3 to complete the adjusted time is 60x0.804= 48.24. But now if the corvette does a run in 59 seconds his adjusted time will be, 59x0.859=50.861. Even though the Vette ran a time 1sec faster than the Mazda-3, the Madza driver is ahead by 2.6 seconds with the PAX factor adjustment.  To beat the 60sec time of the Mazda 3 the vette driver would need to make his raw time 56.1 or better. Believe it or not, itís not uncommon for close PAX battles to develop between 2 completely different cars like a Corvette and a Madza 3. This can be an added fun factor at autocross events or a way to compare 2 friends racing each other in different cars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Points

Now that you are a WSCC member and have a car class you can start accumulation points for the season.

How Points are Accumulated:
      Locally for autocross the max number of points you can collect in 1 event is 1000 (kind of like bowling with a max score of 300 for a perfect game). In order to get that 1000 points you must have the fastest PAX time in your group, either SCCA Comp, Stock Street Tires or Prepared Modified Streets. Reminder, even if someone else has a faster raw time they will not claim those 1000 points if the PAX time isnít faster. Figuring out 2nd to Ďní might is slightly more involved. We need the PAX of the person in 1st  place and your PAX time. The equation is:  (1st place PAX time X 1000) / your PAX time. The reason for this formula is explained in the next example.

Scenario 1: Driver A gets the fastest time in this group with PAX time of 52.5 seconds. Driver B is in second place with a PAX time of 60.0 seconds.

Driver A 1000 points
      Driver B (52.5x1000)/60= 875 points

Scenario 2: Driver A gets the fastest time in this group with PAX time of 52.5 seconds. This time Driver B is in second place with a PAX time of 52.6 seconds.

Driver A 1000 points
      Driver B (52.5x1000)/52.6= 998 points

In both scenarios Driver A is in 1st, Driver B is in 2nd. However points for driver B will be very different. Since he was much closer in time to Driver A in scenario 2 he will be awarded more points. This system is meant to reward points based on individual performance not rank.

What are done with Points:
      Points from each event are used to determine the year end championship standings. The number of events needed to compete for the championship varies year by year. However, a simple formula is used to determine this. Divide the number of all point events in season in half and add 1. So for example in 2012 there were 14 WSCC autocross point events. (14/2)+1=8. So you needed to race in 8 events to accumulate enough point to have a shot at competing at for the Championship. If you ran more than 8 events in a year your best 8 events were used to calculate your point total, in theory for 2012 the best possible score is 8000 points (8x1000 point events). If you ran less than 8 events in 2012 you still have your points totaled and added in the championship running.

Even if you don't plan to run the required amount of events considered as a full season you can still compete and get points, chances are someone else will have done a similar amount of events. Point races can be very very close! In 2012 2nd and 3rd place in stock class was separated by only 1 point after 14 events. 7949 vs 7948 thatís a difference of ~0.000125%! If thatís not enough In 2011 the Rookie of the Year came down to under 1 point! That is some seriously close racing, Very exciting and fun to witness!

Rookie of the Year Points
      Every year we have a rookie of the year competition. Usually ROTY competitors are asked to identify themselves in person at events and a separate set of points are added for all ROTY runners to keep track. Not 100% sure how this will done in 2013. Iíll update when more info is available. In order to qualify for the rookie of the year you must be a WSCC member and have not previously completed in 4 autocross events or under, previously to the start of the season.

Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:04 PM by Magner

December 30, 2012, 11:05 PM #3

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
        • Reputation Power: 50
        • Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
        Addendum:

Is my car RHD? If yes, skip all the above and proceed directly to E-Mod where you will be PAX'd depressingly (regional rule, not SCCA).
        Originally posted by: Forced Performance
        Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
        Quote (selected)
        The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
        AWD Turbo Whiners Club

December 31, 2012, 02:45 PM #4

Magner Offline

Originally posted by Canadian CD9A
          Addendum:

Is my car RHD? If yes, skip all the above and proceed directly to E-Mod where you will be PAX'd depressingly (regional rule, not SCCA).

I left out the JDM/ RHD imports classing on purpose. Hopefully it can be changed for 2013.

December 31, 2012, 02:52 PM #5

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
            • Reputation Power: 85
            • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
            Good  thread! Definitely clears up a lot of confusion with class stuff for me.
            Originally posted by Winter Beater
            If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

January 01, 2013, 07:39 AM #6

Corey Offline

• Vehicle: Formula Ford & Mazda 3
              • Reputation Power: 3
              • Corey has no influence.
              Nice work Chris!  You should post this on the WSCC forums too.

Originally posted by Canadian CD9A
              Addendum:

Nothing regional about it!  Find your car in the SCCA classes.  Can't?  That's because they don't want the chance of something that wasn't even available in N.A. to be a class killer, then everyone has to try to import the hot model in order to be competitive. 

January 01, 2013, 10:47 AM #7

Magner Offline

Originally posted by Corey
                Nice work Chris!  You should post this on the WSCC forums too.

Nothing regional about it!  Find your car in the SCCA classes.  Can't?  That's because they don't want the chance of something that wasn't even available in N.A. to be a class killer, then everyone has to try to import the hot model in order to be competitive. 

I was hoping to add a new thread after the new website is launched for fear any answered question and discussions might get lost with the switch.

Let's face it Japan and Europe have received some very cool cars over the years that were never available here. There are 2 basic problems with trying to class import cars.

1. How do you find the right class for a car that was never sold or based on anything available on our shores? (ex: Nissan R32, R33, R34, Evo I-VII, Ford Escort RS, etc )

2. What do you do with the cars they were offered here in N/A but were very different from their overseas cousins? Ex: 90's Civics had higher hp B-series engines with LSD difs, Nissan 240's came with turbo engines (we got the 240 with a truck engine for crying out loud!) These import cars would not fit into the classed that allowed the N/A versions. 

You will never see the SCCA address these cars because imports just aren't as common in the states due to different import laws. We are on our own. Like I said, hopefully I have some news later on this spring regarding import/RHD/JDM cars being classed locally.

January 01, 2013, 11:45 PM #8

boostfreak Offline

• Vehicle: Meatball
                  • Reputation Power: 38
                  • boostfreak is working their way up.boostfreak is working their way up.boostfreak is working their way up.
                  Great thread!

Thanks for doing this Chris.
                  BNRJAMZ
                  '13 Fiat 500 Turbo
                  Originally posted by: Igor
                  i don't know why you would want to say its an sti, especially around people that know what they are looking at. like buddy, its a wrx, who cares. personally i find it insulting that he calls it an sti

January 02, 2013, 07:50 AM #9

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                    • Reputation Power: 194
                    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                    Nice thread Chris. You will get a $10,000.00 bonus added to this years MWR Racer Salary. Check your account it should be there now.

February 12, 2013, 09:10 PM #10

Magner Offline

Updated info with the new 2013 rule book, now available here: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2013%20Solo%20Rules.pdf

February 12, 2013, 09:54 PM #11

Sahba Offline

• Vehicle: Legacy Spec.B, Toyota Supra Turbo, '99 Ninja Cafe
                        • Reputation Power: 27
                        • Sahba barely matters.Sahba barely matters.
                        Do you guys have a venue for the 2013 season?

February 12, 2013, 10:02 PM #12

Magner Offline

Originally posted by c2Baz
                          Do you guys have a venue for the 2013 season?
                          The site at St. Andrews airport will be used again. We are also working on alternate sites but nothing confirmed yet.

February 19, 2013, 07:46 PM #13

IanM Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda CRV
                            • Reputation Power: 2
                            • IanM has no influence.
                            Great info here and really helped me out. Sent you a message with a few questions to keep this thread clean.
                            Ian Mostert
                            Red Seal certified Automotive technician
                            Birchwood Honda on Regent

February 19, 2013, 08:45 PM #14

Magner Offline

Pm sent but please feel free to ask a question here. If you are wondering about it, most likely someone else will.

Edit: Not 100% yet but it's pretty safe to say (90%) for 2013 you can register a RHD/JDM/EDM etc in the Street modified classes (SM/SSM/SMF) if the car meets all the other regulations in the rule book.
                              Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:49 PM by Magner

February 20, 2013, 06:48 PM #15

Sloppyclock Offline

• Vehicle: Some janky car
                                • Reputation Power: 61
                                • Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!
                                Thanks for the info. Thinking about trying some auto x this year and this helped me out a lot.
                                ウィッチクラフトワークス
                                Street Terrorist x Private Runners Street Family
                                IG: @sloppyclock

February 21, 2013, 06:53 PM #16

IanM Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda CRV
                                  • Reputation Power: 2
                                  • IanM has no influence.
                                  Its tons of fun Steven! If you're new and don't really know whats up seriously consider coming to the lvl 1 school. It really helped me and I'm sure everyone else who has gone will say it has greatly helped them too.
                                  Ian Mostert
                                  Red Seal certified Automotive technician
                                  Birchwood Honda on Regent

February 22, 2013, 06:39 PM #17

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                                    Page 77 in rule book.
                                    13.10 Engine and Drive Train letter A.
                                    To stay in Stock class you can change the filter but not the intake piping. Is this correct?

February 22, 2013, 07:07 PM #18

Magner Offline

That's correct, you must use the factory air inlet piping but any drop in filter can be used.

February 28, 2013, 01:58 PM #19

themikewoo Offline

Page 75 in rule book.
                                        13.4 Wheels.
                                        "Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following: it is the same width and diameter as standard, and as installed (including wheel spacers if applicable) it does not have an offset more than +/- 0.25 inch from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
                                        Wheel spacers are permitted, provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this section. Wheel studs, lug nuts, and/or bolt length may be changed."
                                        If you want to stay in Stock class and my stock wheel is 17x7 +55 offset. What are the wheel specs and size I can choose?

Page 74 in rule book.
                                        13.3 Tires.
                                        To stay in Stock class can I just use whatever size tire that fits on the OEM spec rims?

February 28, 2013, 04:46 PM #20

Corey Offline

• Vehicle: Formula Ford & Mazda 3
                                          • Reputation Power: 3
                                          • Corey has no influence.
                                          Originally posted by themikewoo
                                          If you want to stay in Stock class and my stock wheel is 17x7 +55 offset. What are the wheel specs and size I can choose?

Any 17x7 wheel with an offset between 48.65mm and 61.35mm.  I don't know how public your car choice is, but some guys on a big international forum run a mix of Kosei and something else in Stock class.  Or just find some stock wheels for cheap. 

Originally posted by themikewoo
                                          To stay in Stock class can I just use whatever size tire that fits on the OEM spec rims?
                                          Yes, the same guys above often run 275s on the stock wheels.  Those are R-compounds, most street tires couldn't handle that amount of pinch.  Some run staggered 245/275, some square 245, some square 275.  For reference, the D-Stock Integra guys run 275s on a 15x6 wheel - LOL! 

February 28, 2013, 05:10 PM #21

themikewoo Offline

February 28, 2013, 05:17 PM #22

Magner Offline

Tire size is open in stock, you are only limited by rim size. Like Corey said, aside from the -/+ 0.25inch for offset the rim must be the same diameter and width as what orginally came on the car. You can't just pick the best OEM wheels either. if you car model didn't come with the rim size you want or the rims are from another model year you can't legally just use those. For example if you have a 1996 Civic DX that came with 14x5.5 rims you can't use 15x6 1999-2000 Civic SIR wheels, you are stuck with those 14 wheels.

March 03, 2013, 08:17 PM #23

Krank Offline

• Vehicle: '11 WRX / '05 Saabaru
                                              • Reputation Power: 1
                                              • Krank has no influence.
                                              In stock class:
                                              This is of course without any fender rolling. No aftermarket suspension/alignment aids or body modifications are allowed. If your car has stock camber adjustments that will allow you to run a wider tire, that is within the rules. What you can't do is use things like after market offset camber bolts and such.

March 14, 2013, 10:29 AM #24

JosiahP Offline

• Vehicle: 1990 mazda miata - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR
                                                • Reputation Power: 10
                                                • JosiahP has no influence.
                                                someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe im in street modified? my car was na from factory but is now turbo charged, im going to be running after market wheels 15-9 (stock is 14-6), after market sway bars, after market steering wheel, and bucket seats
                                                Life goes by, how quick? Well it depends on your right foot.
                                                1991 Nissan Skyline GTR
                                                1990 Turbo Miata aka the money pit/race car
                                                1990 Miata organ donor - scraped
                                                1990 Jeep Cherokee 3in lifted with 31" tires

JP Fabworks

Top Tier Imports

2013 WSCC AutoSlalom Car Class Info/Questions Thread
                                                  « Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29 AM »