Author Topic: Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended  (Read 11500 times)

April 02, 2013, 04:34 PM #0

Coach Offline

• Vehicle: 1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Coach has no influence.
Hey,

Had the windows on the Corolla done today by Wes at Executive Tinting.  He did a good job and didn't mind me hanging out and watching.
Wes is a good guy and I would recommend you spend your money with companies like his.

Looks great Wes, Thanks

Coach
1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
1995 Nissan GT-R33 - sold

Top Tier Imports

Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended
    « on: April 02, 2013, 04:34 PM »

April 02, 2013, 05:28 PM #1

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
    • Reputation Power: 370
    • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
    +1 for Wes, did a great job on my car and had fun chatting with him while he was doing it!

April 02, 2013, 10:22 PM #2

xrdriver Offline

• Vehicle: '15 STi &'10 STi
      • Reputation Power: 15
      • xrdriver has no influence.
      I've only ever heard positive reviews about Wes.  I think I am the only person ever to have a bad experience with him lol.  That tint job cost me my rear defrost and I was quoted $1100 to replace the rear hatch glass :(

April 02, 2013, 10:47 PM #3

torq Offline

• Vehicle: '10 mazdaspeed3
        • Reputation Power: 9
        • torq has no influence.
        Elaborate please, was thinking of getting tint done this spring.

April 03, 2013, 12:24 AM #4

Coach Offline

yes please elaborate more

April 03, 2013, 12:28 AM #5

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
            • Reputation Power: 85
            • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
            I've had him do 3 of our cars. Did a good job on all of them
            Originally posted by Winter Beater
            If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

April 03, 2013, 05:55 AM #6

xrdriver Offline

I think he was having a bad day when he did my car, I've never heard anything else negative about him.

When I called to confirm my appointment he had double booked but he took me because I had made my appointment first.  I showed up on time and he started to tint my car.  One of his friends stopped by the shop as he was starting and he chatted with him while he tinted my car.  He was in a huge rush and tinted the whole of my car in 45 minutes.  I don't know if he was rushed because of the double booking or if he wanted to spend more time with his buddy but he was clearly in a rush.

I had 7 windows tinted on my car and I had problems with 5 of them.  There were bubbles in them and the rear window was very bad with bubbles perhaps 3 inches in diameter.  I know tint takes a week to 'cure' so I was patient and I didn't even contact him until after a week had passed.  I was able to use a heat gun and fix 2 windows.  Wes made a follow up appointment and he was able to fix another by pressing harder and getting the bubbles out.  He had to completely replace the tint on one door and the rear glass.

When you replace tint you have to scrape off the old adhesive and when he replaced the tint on the rear glass he damaged the rear defrost while getting rid of the adhesive.  I didn't know the rear defrost was damaged until it got cold out and I only had 2 clear stripes across my rear window.  The tint looks great all around the car now though after he spent more time on the second attempt.

Some people might be able to put up with a half clear rear window but I can't so I am replacing the rear glass.  I was quoted $800 for the glass and $300 for labour.  I never got in touch with him to help pay for the glass because I just don't feel like arguing with him.  It's not like I have pictures of the rear defrost working before the tint was applied.

April 03, 2013, 09:06 AM #7

1.8turbo Offline

• Vehicle: 2002 VW Golf GTI 337, 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
                • Reputation Power: 3
                • 1.8turbo has no influence.
                Is this Wes guy on here? Contact info?

April 03, 2013, 09:28 AM #8

Shaun Offline

• Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by 1.8turbo
                  Is this Wes guy on here? Contact info?
                  Yes he is - http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=515.0

April 03, 2013, 10:06 AM #9

Coach Offline

Well that would upset me as well.  If I were you I would contact Wes and tell him about the cost of the window.  I'm not saying he should pay for it to be fixed, but I think he should help you out in some way.

My experience with Wes was a lot different.  I would say no one's perfect, however he should do right by you or at least try too.  You need to give him a chance as well.

Coach

April 03, 2013, 10:29 AM #10

1.8turbo Offline

• Vehicle: 2002 VW Golf GTI 337, 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
                      • 1.8turbo has no influence.
                      Originally posted by Shaun
                      Yes he is - http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=515.0
                      thanks I will call him when I get back.

April 03, 2013, 10:32 AM #11

torq Offline

• Vehicle: '10 mazdaspeed3
                        • Reputation Power: 9
                        • torq has no influence.
                        Yeah, I probably would have at least let him know about the issue and given him a chance to fix it, for all he knows you're happy with it. Small business live and die by their reputation so they tend to go the extra mile.

April 03, 2013, 10:34 PM #12

Rush Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 AUDI S4
                          • Reputation Power: 18
                          • Rush has no influence.
                          Originally posted by xrdriver
                          I think he was having a bad day when he did my car, I've never heard anything else negative about him.

When I called to confirm my appointment he had double booked but he took me because I had made my appointment first.  I showed up on time and he started to tint my car.  One of his friends stopped by the shop as he was starting and he chatted with him while he tinted my car.  He was in a huge rush and tinted the whole of my car in 45 minutes.  I don't know if he was rushed because of the double booking or if he wanted to spend more time with his buddy but he was clearly in a rush.

I had 7 windows tinted on my car and I had problems with 5 of them.  There were bubbles in them and the rear window was very bad with bubbles perhaps 3 inches in diameter.  I know tint takes a week to 'cure' so I was patient and I didn't even contact him until after a week had passed.  I was able to use a heat gun and fix 2 windows.  Wes made a follow up appointment and he was able to fix another by pressing harder and getting the bubbles out.  He had to completely replace the tint on one door and the rear glass.

When you replace tint you have to scrape off the old adhesive and when he replaced the tint on the rear glass he damaged the rear defrost while getting rid of the adhesive.  I didn't know the rear defrost was damaged until it got cold out and I only had 2 clear stripes across my rear window.  The tint looks great all around the car now though after he spent more time on the second attempt.

Some people might be able to put up with a half clear rear window but I can't so I am replacing the rear glass. I was quoted $800 for the glass and $300 for labour.  I never got in touch with him to help pay for the glass because I just don't feel like arguing with him.  It's not like I have pictures of the rear defrost working before the tint was applied.

Don't you know canadian tire has a defroster line repair kit for like 15 bucks?
                          '04 Audi B6 S4   -   '94 BMW E34 530i Touring

April 04, 2013, 12:12 AM #13

PRIME Offline

• Reputation Power: 11
                            • PRIME has no influence.
                            How much on average does it even cost to tint your windows assuming say you have 5-6 windows?

From what ive heard it seems to do a pretty good job may have to see him one of these days to get my car retinted
                            PRIMEWORKS

[Apr 23 13:46:52] ACiFiC:ill suck your dick ryan
                            [May 15 23:40:54] ACiFiC:fuk me ryan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99137668@N02/
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Primeworks/386662778053081

Avaliable for photoshoots, PM or email for details!

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

April 04, 2013, 08:46 AM #14

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
                              • Reputation Power: 13
                              • sm1ke has no influence.
                              Originally posted by PRIME
                              How much on average does it even cost to tint your windows assuming say you have 5-6 windows?

From what ive heard it seems to do a pretty good job may have to see him one of these days to get my car retinted

Every car is bound to be a little different, but for reference he quoted me 200 for a sedan (4 windows + rear windshield). Includes lifetime warranty as long as I own the car.

April 04, 2013, 02:08 PM #15

Rush Offline

• Rush has no influence.
                                Last year we did a group buy on window tint from Slick Tint. Had about 15 cars join in at 150 bucks a pop for a sedan. Bit cheaper for a coupe.

April 04, 2013, 05:59 PM #16

xrdriver Offline

Originally posted by Rush
                                  Don't you know canadian tire has a defroster line repair kit for like 15 bucks?

Don't you know I'd have to completely remove the tint and then scrape off the adhesive once again before using that stuff?  I'm not going to pull the tint off again and spend all day painting every defrost line back onto my window in the hope I can fix it.  We're not talking about a 10 year old car here.  I once used that repair kit to fix my rear defrost in an old Ford I owned and it fixed the broken line.  There is also a $50 kit available to install a rear defrost grid onto a car that does not have one.  If I didn't care about the car or if it wasn't a nice car I might take that approach but I prefer to fix the STi correctly.  I already bought the rear glass from Subaru in the US for $500 now I just have to get it installed.

Believe it or not a couple of the body shops I have called about installing the glass said I should just have thrown something through the rear window and made an AutoPac claim since I have a $200 deductible but I'm too honest for that.
                                  Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:15 PM by xrdriver

April 04, 2013, 08:02 PM #17

JayPe3 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
                                    • Reputation Power: 67
                                    • JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
                                    I've never dealt with Wes personally, but I've heard nothing but good things and don't doubt in the slightest bit that he would help you out in some way.
                                    I won't be going to Wes, not because of his reputation, but I've had nothing but success with Dan @ Slick Tint, and will continue to give him my business as long as I can.
                                    Might be another option if you're just not comfortable with going to Wes any more at this point, but as I said, I do not doubt him helping you out in some way.

April 04, 2013, 09:09 PM #18

Rush Offline

• Rush has no influence.
                                      Originally posted by xrdriver
                                      Don't you know I'd have to completely remove the tint and then scrape off the adhesive once again before using that stuff?  I'm not going to pull the tint off again and spend all day painting every defrost line back onto my window in the hope I can fix it.  We're not talking about a 10 year old car here.  I once used that repair kit to fix my rear defrost in an old Ford I owned and it fixed the broken line.  There is also a $50 kit available to install a rear defrost grid onto a car that does not have one.  If I didn't care about the car or if it wasn't a nice car I might take that approach but I prefer to fix the STi correctly.  I already bought the rear glass from Subaru in the US for $500 now I just have to get it installed.

Believe it or not a couple of the body shops I have called about installing the glass said I should just have thrown something through the rear window and made an AutoPac claim since I have a $200 deductible but I'm too honest for that.

Don't you know that you don't have to scrape off adhesive if you followed a proper DIY? If you heat it up enough it all comes off in one piece with the adhesive.. yes even on the rear window. I've done it.

15 dollar fix (even 50) over a 800 dollar rear window replacement? I'm sorry but you should get your head checked.

April 04, 2013, 09:14 PM #19

xrdriver Offline

Don't you know that you don't have to scrape off adhesive if you followed a proper DIY? If you heat it up enough it all comes off in one piece with the adhesive.. yes even on the rear window. I've done it.

15 dollar fix (even 50) over a 800 dollar rear window replacement? I'm sorry but you should get your head checked.

Perhaps you could show Wes how you did that and my headache could have been avoided.  I should get my head checked because I prefer to fix something the right way?  OK, I guess I do.  I'm not sure why you care so much, I'm not asking you to pay for it.  I haven't even asked Wes to pay for it, it's coming out of my pocket so I think I get to choose how I want to fix it.
                                        Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:16 PM by xrdriver

April 05, 2013, 10:30 AM #20

Shaun Offline

No need to be rude just because someone does something you don't agree with.

April 05, 2013, 10:57 AM #21

Coach Offline

I can't beleive you guys !  What the hell are you doing Wlad ?  Sometimes you guys act like little kids on this forum.  I post up when I have a problem with my GTR and I get great reponses and help.  Then you guys do this crap ! GROW UP!

THIS WILL BE MY LAST REVIEW for this forum !

April 05, 2013, 11:56 AM #22

10til4 Offline

• Reputation Power: 6
                                              • 10til4 has no influence.
                                              Originally posted by Coach
                                              I can't beleive you guys !  What the hell are you doing Wlad ?  Sometimes you guys act like little kids on this forum.  I post up when I have a problem with my GTR and I get great reponses and help.  Then you guys do this crap ! GROW UP!

THIS WILL BE MY LAST REVIEW for this forum !

triple like...
                                              scrapesloths

April 07, 2013, 08:30 AM #23

Faken Offline

Location: Autobacs Eesuemuyokohama
                                                • Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                                                • Reputation Power: 141
                                                • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                                                Does Wes charge more if he drives to your house and do it? Just curious. I have a buddy that has a car that's not safetied yet and wants to know.
                                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                                                All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

April 07, 2013, 09:54 AM #24

Turbo1 Offline

• Vehicle: 13 FRS
                                                  • Turbo1 has no influence.
                                                  Originally posted by Faken
                                                  Does Wes charge more if he drives to your house and do it? Just curious. I have a buddy that has a car that's not safetied yet and wants to know.
                                                  Pretty sure it's same price.

Top Tier Imports

Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended
                                                    « Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54 AM »