Author Topic: Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended  (Read 11807 times)

January 30, 2015, 12:54 PM #50

John Online

  • Posts: 3,058
  • Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Winnipeg
  • Real Name: John
  • Vehicle: 04 civic, 09 STi
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.
@RazorBlaze pls confirm ^^^
subies ftw!

[Dec 04 11:42:55] Shaun:i tried using nav to get to dan's logic but i got lost
[Dec 05 21:53:59] Uncle Hugh Myron:I dunno but an easy way to kill Dan would be shutting down mcdonalds for 24 hours

    Top Tier Imports

    Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended
    « Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 12:54 PM »

    January 30, 2015, 12:57 PM #51

    Vince Offline

    • Regular Member
    • Posts: 5,352
    • Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Westwood
    • Vehicle: 2012 Si
    • Reputation Power: 173
    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
    Originally posted by one_slick_tinter
    We all have bad days Igor, You caught me on a bad day haha. Also, spilling coffee all over yourself in the back of a tiny 2 door coupe doesn't help very much either lol  Customers can either make or break your day. Wes and I can both relate to that as we have discussed this before.

    I have never met Wes in person, just talked with him over the phone a few times and Yes from what I hear he is a very good guy. Can we become friends and combine our businesses together..? who knows, Anything is possible. That way you would get to see both our ugly mugs at the same time hahah
    Igor hit the nail on the head.

    You have no excuse.

    How you conduct yourself speaks volumes of your "professionalism", not to mention the innumerable amounts of spelling and grammar mistakes.

    Conduct yourself differently and people will see you in a better light.
    (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

    [May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

      January 30, 2015, 01:10 PM #52

      Nirusan Online

      • Posts: 1,071
      • Join Date: Jun 2014
        Location: Winnipeg, MB
      • Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
      • Reputation Power: 217
      • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by one_slick_tinter
      I was just curious, wasn't funny?

      No.
      [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
      [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
      [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

        January 30, 2015, 01:15 PM #53

        one_slick_tinter Offline

        • Regular Member
        • Posts: 23
        • Join Date: May 2013
          Location: winnipeg
        • Real Name: dan @ slick tint
        • Reputation Power: 0
        • one_slick_tinter is looked down upon.
        How you conduct yourself speaks volumes of your "professionalism", not to mention the innumerable amounts of spelling and grammar mistakes.

        I played professional hockey and tint windows for a living.... What do you expect lol
        I can do those two things very well. Spelling and grammar are not my strongest points in life hahah
        Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:38 PM by one_slick_tinter

          January 30, 2015, 01:37 PM #54

          j.onathan Offline

          • Regular Member
          • Posts: 1,130
          • Join Date: Mar 2012
            Location: Winnipeg
          • Vehicle: 06 Sierra CCSB, '89 240sx 7mgte swapped
          • Reputation Power: 31
          • j.onathan is working their way up.j.onathan is working their way up.j.onathan is working their way up.
           :popcorn: That was an entertaining update to a thread!

          I've only ever got my windwos Tinted by Wes on many vehicles and have never had an issue.  @RazorBlaze

            January 30, 2015, 02:00 PM #55

            one_slick_tinter Offline

            • Regular Member
            • Posts: 23
            • Join Date: May 2013
              Location: winnipeg
            • Real Name: dan @ slick tint
            • Reputation Power: 0
            • one_slick_tinter is looked down upon.
            Originally posted by j.onathan
            :popcorn: That was an entertaining update to a thread!

            I've only ever got my windwos Tinted by Wes on many vehicles and have never had an issue.  @RazorBlaze


            Nice to entertain you for a bit :)

            Glad to hear Wes did a great job on your vehicle with no issues. In the end that's all that really matters.

              January 30, 2015, 06:43 PM #56

              Anne Goose Offline

              • Posts: 913
              • Join Date: Jun 2012
              • Reputation Power: 42
              • Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...
              What level of professional hockey did you play?
              [Dec 08 16:45:00] Adomp:do I talk to autter about that? I thought she was the person to speak about the UHL
              [Dec 08 16:44:39] Adomp:is there a an Ugly Hockey League? event like this wont happen again.

                January 31, 2015, 03:16 PM #57

                one_slick_tinter Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 23
                • Join Date: May 2013
                  Location: winnipeg
                • Real Name: dan @ slick tint
                • Reputation Power: 0
                • one_slick_tinter is looked down upon.
                Originally posted by Anne Gus
                What level of professional hockey did you play?

                AA PRO Leagues in the states for 5 years and couple elite leagues in Europe. You play puck?

                  January 31, 2015, 04:05 PM #58

                  Riley Online

                  • Posts: 4,771
                  • Join Date: May 2014
                  • Real Name: Riley
                  • Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
                  • Reputation Power: 128
                  • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!

                  February 02, 2015, 03:48 PM #59

                  Anne Goose Offline

                  • Posts: 913
                  • Join Date: Jun 2012
                  • Reputation Power: 42
                  • Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...
                  Originally posted by one_slick_tinter
                  AA PRO Leagues in the states for 5 years and couple elite leagues in Europe. You play puck?


                  Nah just follow a lot of prospects/nhl hockey was curious. Good stuff man

                  [Dec 08 16:45:00] Adomp:do I talk to autter about that? I thought she was the person to speak about the UHL
                  [Dec 08 16:44:39] Adomp:is there a an Ugly Hockey League? event like this wont happen again.

                    February 06, 2015, 02:08 PM #60

                    Coach Offline

                    • Regular Member
                    • Posts: 718
                    • Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Location: Winnipeg
                    • Vehicle: 1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
                    • Reputation Power: 17
                    • Coach has no influence.
                    Wow, I just read through this mess.

                    I say ban slick tint !

                    Got no time for people like this guy

                    1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
                    1995 Nissan GT-R33 - sold

                      February 09, 2015, 12:20 AM #61

                      Impact Offline

                      • Regular Member
                      • Posts: 1,079
                      • Join Date: May 2013
                      • Real Name: Jhay
                      • Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
                      • Reputation Power: 61
                      • Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!
                      wondering the costs for tint on a 2012 Mercedes GLK
                      legal limit of darkness up front and back
                      1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

                      Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

                        February 09, 2015, 08:54 AM #62

                        Madbuzz41 Offline

                        • Regular Member
                        • Posts: 1,927
                        • Join Date: Aug 2014
                          Location: Winnipeg
                        • Real Name: Kyle
                        • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                        • Reputation Power: 10
                        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                        I went to Ming for both of my cars and the guy did a wonderful job. Only costed me $235 (standard price for any vehicle going there) and he said I get lifetime warranty even if someone breaks my window bring it back and they'll tint it again and send the bill to autopac.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          February 09, 2015, 11:09 AM #63

                          Vince Offline

                          • Regular Member
                          • Posts: 5,352
                          • Join Date: Aug 2012
                            Location: Westwood
                          • Vehicle: 2012 Si
                          • Reputation Power: 173
                          • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                          Originally posted by Impact
                          wondering the costs for tint on a 2012 Mercedes GLK
                          legal limit of darkness up front and back
                          Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                          I went to Ming for both of my cars and the guy did a wonderful job. Only costed me $235 (standard price for any vehicle going there) and he said I get lifetime warranty even if someone breaks my window bring it back and they'll tint it again and send the bill to autopac.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You guys realize this thread is for reviews of Executive Tinting, right?

                          If you want to know how much it will cost to have your vehicle tinted, I suggest giving Wes a call. Here's his number -  +1 (204) 996.7100 , and his website is http://executivetinting.net/

                          Also, if you want to make a review for Ming start up a new thread :D
                          (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

                          [May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

                            February 09, 2015, 11:35 AM #64

                            Impact Offline

                            • Regular Member
                            • Posts: 1,079
                            • Join Date: May 2013
                            • Real Name: Jhay
                            • Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
                            • Reputation Power: 61
                            • Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!
                            Originally posted by Vince
                            You guys realize this thread is for reviews of Executive Tinting, right?

                            If you want to know how much it will cost to have your vehicle tinted, I suggest giving Wes a call. Here's his number -  +1 (204) 996.7100 , and his website is http://executivetinting.net/

                            Also, if you want to make a review for Ming start up a new thread :D

                            sure do...I gave him a shout anyways thanks
                            1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

                            Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

                              May 19, 2015, 02:31 PM #65

                              Dan

                              Just to update this thread.   I had Wes and Sara do the tint on the Mazda 3, and i couldn't be happier with the outcome.  Wes did a great job and i cant find a single imperfection at all in the tint. 

                              Thanks a bunch @RazorBlaze !

                                May 19, 2015, 02:39 PM #66

                                tytanium Offline

                                • Posts: 1,154
                                • Join Date: Sep 2012
                                  Location: Winnipeg
                                • Real Name: Tyler
                                • Vehicle: 07 Mazdaspeed 3, 06 Civic DX-G
                                • Reputation Power: 87
                                • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                                got my tint done at the same time as @Dan and mine also is perfect and im loving it
                                #boostedhatchcrew

                                  September 23, 2015, 09:01 AM #67

                                  IanB Offline

                                  • Regular Member
                                  • Posts: 1,178
                                  • Join Date: Mar 2012
                                    Location: Winnipeg
                                  • Real Name: Ian
                                  • Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                                  • Reputation Power: 42
                                  • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                                  I had Wes and Sara come to my place and tint all 9 windows on the Land Cruiser, and just the fronts on the Benz and Lexus last night.  They did a great job again, I'm very pleased with the work!
                                  '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                  '99 MB E55t AMG - DD - FOR SALE!
                                  '04 Lexus GX470

                                    February 26, 2016, 04:35 PM #68

                                    st3 Offline

                                    • Regular Member
                                    • Posts: 25
                                    • Join Date: Jan 2015
                                    • Reputation Power: 2
                                    • st3 has no influence.
                                    Not that anybody here will be surprised, but yet another happy customer with Executive Tint!

                                    Wes was able to do what Slick Tint could not, at half the price.

                                    Take my advice, don't waste your time anywhere else in Winnipeg, go straight to Wes.

                                      February 27, 2016, 12:07 AM #69

                                      Impact Offline

                                      • Regular Member
                                      • Posts: 1,079
                                      • Join Date: May 2013
                                      • Real Name: Jhay
                                      • Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
                                      • Reputation Power: 61
                                      • Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!
                                      Originally posted by st3
                                      Not that anybody here will be surprised, but yet another happy customer with Executive Tint!

                                      Wes was able to do what Slick Tint could not, at half the price.

                                      Take my advice, don't waste your time anywhere else in Winnipeg, go straight to Wes.

                                      cool..may need to this spring for my evo
                                      1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

                                      Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

                                        February 27, 2016, 09:42 PM #70

                                        slipstreamconversion Offline

                                        • Posts: 4,776
                                        • Join Date: Sep 2012
                                          Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
                                        • Real Name: Darcy
                                        • Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
                                        • Reputation Power: 82
                                        • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
                                        Wes tinted my Saturn wagon and the rear window was extremely difficult to do.  It's a weird shape.

                                        Had to bring it in twice but third time was a charm.  Instead of just adjusting it, which he could have, he removed it and started over each time to try to get it right.

                                        Over time I have had minor.things done by him like tail light red out and had my badges wrapped in black and it's always been a positive experience.

                                        He's a man with big dreams and lots of love for his work.  Would always recommend Wes !

                                        Thought I posted my experience already a while ago but guess not lol

                                          March 27, 2016, 03:20 PM #71

                                          one_slick_tinter Offline

                                          • Regular Member
                                          • Posts: 23
                                          • Join Date: May 2013
                                            Location: winnipeg
                                          • Real Name: dan @ slick tint
                                          • Reputation Power: 0
                                          • one_slick_tinter is looked down upon.
                                          Originally posted by st3
                                          Not that anybody here will be surprised, but yet another happy customer with Executive Tint!

                                          Wes was able to do what Slick Tint could not, at half the price.

                                          Take my advice, don't waste your time anywhere else in Winnipeg, go straight to Wes.


                                          It's nice to have my loyal clientele of top tier members bring stuff like this to my attention since I don't get on here enough !

                                          First of all the reason why I didn't do your car is because I literally had a parking lot full of cars ahead of your time slot, not that I " couldn't do it " or didn't know how to remove your brake light if that's what you are referring too... There's 2 clips behind the headliner to drop it down and the brake light has 2 hook clips which slide out then you detach the cable, so it's not my first rodeo removing those things. Unfortunately your vehicle was the one which was going to be the most time consuming so I had to feed you some kind of excuse of why I couldn't do it, which is why I said " bring it back another day"

                                          Now of coarse you had to bring up the price of doing the job so here we go.... when I showed you all of the different films you can choose from that I have to offer you selected the ceramic film which is of coarse more expensive than a regular dyed or lower end carbon hybrid film so before you go comparing me to another shop make sure you get the facts straight. The type of material being installed as well as the quality of the installation plays a huge factor in any shops price. You could have selected the basic film for HALF THE PRICE but you didn't. Simple as that! 

                                          I am by far one of the best installers in the whole city which makes me VERY busy and I have the right to kick some jobs to the curb if I feel like they are a waste of my time or just flat out don't feel like doing them. That's the beauty of being your own boss, you have the luxury to pick and choose what you want or don't want to do.

                                          Just for future reference if you are a Top Tier member PLEASE let me know when calling or showing up for your appointments since I offer discounted pricing  for all members and odds are much better that I won't give your car the boot because I don't feel like doing it hahaha sorry about that St3 , my bad.

                                            March 27, 2016, 03:28 PM #72

                                            one_slick_tinter Offline

                                            • Regular Member
                                            • Posts: 23
                                            • Join Date: May 2013
                                              Location: winnipeg
                                            • Real Name: dan @ slick tint
                                            • Reputation Power: 0
                                            • one_slick_tinter is looked down upon.
                                            Originally posted by slipstreamconversion
                                            Wes tinted my Saturn wagon and the rear window was extremely difficult to do.  It's a weird shape.

                                            Had to bring it in twice but third time was a charm.  Instead of just adjusting it, which he could have, he removed it and started over each time to try to get it right.

                                            Over time I have had minor.things done by him like tail light red out and had my badges wrapped in black and it's always been a positive experience.

                                            He's a man with big dreams and lots of love for his work.  Would always recommend Wes !

                                            Thought I posted my experience already a while ago but guess not lol

                                            You don't just "adjust" tint Darcy lol It doesn't work like that. If there is a flaw in the job the film always has to be removed and re installed with a new piece. Tinting windows is not easy to do if customers expect perfection. It took Wes 3 times but at least he got it done to your expectations which is what matters in the end.

                                              March 27, 2016, 06:31 PM #73

                                              dolan Offline

                                              • Regular Member
                                              • Posts: 1,786
                                              • Join Date: Jul 2012
                                                Location: Winnipeg, MB
                                              • Real Name: Dyllan
                                              • Vehicle: 2000 civic si
                                              • Reputation Power: 0
                                              • dolan is looked down upon.


                                              Originally posted by one_slick_tinter

                                              It's nice to have my loyal clientele of top tier members bring stuff like this to my attention since I don't get on here enough !

                                              First of all the reason why I didn't do your car is because I literally had a parking lot full of cars ahead of your time slot, not that I " couldn't do it " or didn't know how to remove your brake light if that's what you are referring too... There's 2 clips behind the headliner to drop it down and the brake light has 2 hook clips which slide out then you detach the cable, so it's not my first rodeo removing those things. Unfortunately your vehicle was the one which was going to be the most time consuming so I had to feed you some kind of excuse of why I couldn't do it, which is why I said " bring it back another day"

                                              Now of coarse you had to bring up the price of doing the job so here we go.... when I showed you all of the different films you can choose from that I have to offer you selected the ceramic film which is of coarse more expensive than a regular dyed or lower end carbon hybrid film so before you go comparing me to another shop make sure you get the facts straight. The type of material being installed as well as the quality of the installation plays a huge factor in any shops price. You could have selected the basic film for HALF THE PRICE but you didn't. Simple as that! 

                                              I am by far one of the best installers in the whole city which makes me VERY busy and I have the right to kick some jobs to the curb if I feel like they are a waste of my time or just flat out don't feel like doing them. That's the beauty of being your own boss, you have the luxury to pick and choose what you want or don't want to do.

                                              Just for future reference if you are a Top Tier member PLEASE let me know when calling or showing up for your appointments since I offer discounted pricing  for all members and odds are much better that I won't give your car the boot because I don't feel like doing it hahaha sorry about that St3 , my bad.

                                              So basically instead of just telling the owner how troublesome it would be for you to remove a part you had to come up with an excuse? That really makes me want to bring you business. Same with you just sending jobs away just because you don't want to do them.

                                              I'm guessing if I brought a car to Wes he would more than be happy to install tint on it and if he didn't think he could do it/waste his time doing so he would probably still try his best to get the job done and not make excuses about the job.

                                              Speaking of which would you like to tint my cobalt? Or would the rear window prove to be to difficult/be a huge waste of your time?
                                              Dyllan Angelkovski (aka) Dyllan Africa

                                              [Mar 27 22:16:27] Uncle Hugh Myron:i bet PEAVEY MART NOW OPEN has it

                                                March 28, 2016, 12:38 AM #74

                                                slipstreamconversion Offline

                                                • Posts: 4,776
                                                • Join Date: Sep 2012
                                                  Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
                                                • Real Name: Darcy
                                                • Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
                                                • Reputation Power: 82
                                                • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
                                                Originally posted by one_slick_tinter

                                                You don't just "adjust" tint Darcy lol It doesn't work like that. If there is a flaw in the job the film always has to be removed and re installed with a new piece. Tinting windows is not easy to do if customers expect perfection. It took Wes 3 times but at least he got it done to your expectations which is what matters in the end.


                                                When tint is just settling it developed two very very small pinches where the window meets the rubber strip of the window sill at bottom of window.

                                                It could have been adjusted by flattening it out or other methods but he decided to go from scratch, is what I meant. 

                                                Your twisting of my words about the 3 times a charm to make him look like he can't do a good job the first time is to be expected.  I'd return to him and recommend him all day, he's a good guy who does good work.

                                                  Top Tier Imports

                                                  Executive Tinting - Highly Recommended
                                                  « Reply #74 on: March 28, 2016, 12:38 AM »