Author Topic: My Aspen White 08 STI  (Read 9472 times)

September 24, 2016, 10:38 AM #100

Josia Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2008 VW GTI
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.
Time for a small update on this thing. I'm terrible at updating this.

So since my wastegate was cracked the car was only making about 9 psi of boost. Still driveable but I wanted my power back! @SubieSTI had his old VF48 kicking around so I purchased that from him and just swapped the turbo for now. Thanks again for delivering it to Winkler, u da real MVP.

Had some wonky Air Fuel ratios at idle and under WOT and found out my turbo inlet was leaking like a thing that leaks a lot so I bought a Perrin inlet. Hope I never have to swap that thing out with the intake manifold still on. What a pain.

Now the car is finally running at 100% again.

I've had this car for 5 years and it's been a pretty wild ride. I didn't want to finish this year without buying something special for it so I picked up this incredible Vertex steering wheel.

That's probably it for this year. She'll be going into storage at the end of October but hopefully I'll bring it out to Subiefest if I don't have to work.
[Feb 22 17:00:55] Shaun:i hate chatbox

Top Tier Imports

My Aspen White 08 STI
    « Reply #100 on: September 24, 2016, 10:38 AM »

April 01, 2017, 10:50 PM #101

Josia Offline

• Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.
    Looks like it's time for the annual Journal update.

I bought new wheels for it. I think they look good but would probably look better with different sized tires. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought these 255/40s but they still have life left in them so I want to use them up before buying new ones. Oh well.

Looking forward to bringing her out to Spring Awakening again.

18x9 +35 BBS LM

Vertex Wheel installed

April 03, 2017, 08:35 AM #102

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
      • Reputation Power: 193
      • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
      Love those wheels!
      Originally posted by Madbuzz41
      I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

April 03, 2017, 09:26 AM #103

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
        • Reputation Power: 114
        • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
        Originally posted by Josia
        Looks like it's time for the annual Journal update.

I bought new wheels for it. I think they look good but would probably look better with different sized tires. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought these 255/40s but they still have life left in them so I want to use them up before buying new ones. Oh well.

Looking forward to bringing her out to Spring Awakening again.

18x9 +35 BBS LM

You know I'll take them off your hands if you need, those wheels would look sick on the forester, if the tires were 245 id say we could just trade rubber. What size tire should you have gotten?
        BAASSSSSSS
        I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
        My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
        Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

April 04, 2017, 11:42 PM #104

Josia Offline

@Ctown8 I bought these tires back when i was still on stock suspension so they worked fine. I'll probably just raise the car a bit to avoid rubbing on the fender liners. Once these wear out i'll go with a 265/35 or something like that.

April 05, 2017, 09:03 AM #105

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
            • Reputation Power: 114
            • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
            Originally posted by Josia
            @Ctown8 I bought these tires back when i was still on stock suspension so they worked fine. I'll probably just raise the car a bit to avoid rubbing on the fender liners. Once these wear out i'll go with a 265/35 or something like that.
            My ideal is 255/35 or 245/40, but the 255 would be pretty pricey, and my 225 are like new
            BAASSSSSSS
            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

May 01, 2017, 08:57 PM #106

Josia Offline

Played with the ride height a little bit this weekend to get rid of some of the rubbing. Getting an alignment done this week and then she'll be ready to go for this season.

May 01, 2017, 10:44 PM #107

Igor Online

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                • Reputation Power: 236
                • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                Need a side pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 02, 2017, 08:32 AM #108

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                  • Reputation Power: 193
                  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                  Man do those wheels look good!
                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                  I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

Top Tier Imports

My Aspen White 08 STI
                    « Reply #108 on: May 02, 2017, 08:32 AM »