Author Topic: The Ultimate Engine Bay Dress-Up - TiBurnt Intro  (Read 1802 times)

June 17, 2013, 07:07 PM #0

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
Well, most of you guys know me. If you don't, my name is Al.

About a year ago I went on the hunt for real Titanium dress up nuts and bolts for under the hood of my car. After reading horror stories about both of the vendors who offer a similar product from south of the border and having a bad experience myself with one of them I decided to take things into my own hands.

I sourced out a distributor for Titanium hardware and ordered a test batch. After a bit of practice on the test batch I got the hang of the coloring process and I decided to do a large order. A few friends saw my work and asked me to do some for them too. Alas, a product was born. What I ended up with was a real Titanium fastener with an awesome burnt coloring finish:

The Process:

Each bolt, screw, nut, or washer goes through a time consuming five step (or more) process to get the coloring seen above. The coloring is actually an oxidizing of the surface of the metal. Because of this the finish is tough (like anodizing), but if it ever does get damaged, I can refinish it to like new condition. I've actually colored a couple bolts 5 times each to ensure the quality stays the same each time.

The Advantages: ;D
- Exclusivity. Titanium isn't cheap and these aren't for everybody. Put something under your hood that sets you apart from the crowd!
- Length & Size specific to your application. No one-size-fits all where you may end up with a screw that is too short or longer than factory.
- Tough, Vibrant Coloring. Each piece is hand finished, so no two are the same.
- Will not rust like cheaper "stainless", "polished", or "neo-chrome" fasteners.
- Finish will not chip of flake off like cheaper painted or neo-chrome fasteners.
- Available in a variety of sizes and lengths to fit your needs. No longer are you stuck with a supplier who only has one size!

The Disadvantage:  :unamused:
The ONLY disadvantage to Titanium hardware is the cost. Titanium is not cheap, however if you're looking to set your car apart from the crowd this is certainly one way to do it! This is the kind of modification is not for everyone, but it is the kind of mod that separates the Men and Women from the Boys and Girls.

The Specifics:  :banana:
I will be offering hardware in two ways:
1. Pre-Determined Kit - This will be a kit of hardware chosen specifically for the application listed.
2. DIY Kit - You tell me what sizes you need and in what quantities and I will put together a package.

If you have a more popular vehicle and I want to offer a kit for your vehicle but I do not have one listed yet, you will get a discount for being the first person to order one and for helping me determine the sizing for your application.

Feel free to post any question here!

You can reach me via PM, posting in this section, or email TiBurnt(at)gmail.com
I will be updating this section with in stock kits, pricing and pics shortly

Don't see what you're looking for? Post or send me a message with the sizes you're looking for and I'll but together a package for you!

Discounts offered for guys who have a car I'd like to offer a kit for and help me figure out sizing for their cars!
Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:50 AM by Winter Beater

Top Tier Imports

The Ultimate Engine Bay Dress-Up - TiBurnt Intro
    « on: June 17, 2013, 07:07 PM »

June 17, 2013, 07:08 PM #1

evo1 Offline

• Vehicle: 1992 Lancer Evolution RS, 6.7 SRW Mega Cab 3500
    • Reputation Power: 9
    • evo1 has no influence.
    Yayyyyyy. Awesome!

June 17, 2013, 07:21 PM #2

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 198
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

June 17, 2013, 07:40 PM #3

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
      • Reputation Power: 141
      • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
      same.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
      All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

June 17, 2013, 08:33 PM #4

Winter Beater Offline

• Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
        Originally posted by themikewoo
        Awaiting prices. I want license plate bolts.

I'd like to say wish granted, but I was working on a license plate kit before you mentioned it. It's been posted in the "Universal Hardware" page.

June 17, 2013, 11:12 PM #5

Winter Beater Offline

Need any Burnt Titanium hardware for your car from M4 to M12? Message me with what you need for pricing! Just because it isn't listed, doesn't mean I don't sell it!

June 24, 2013, 07:56 PM #6

Winter Beater Offline

Got a big order today, this isn't even 25% of it!

Countersunk Screw for aftermarket steering wheels:

Top Tier Imports

The Ultimate Engine Bay Dress-Up - TiBurnt Intro
              « Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56 PM »