Author Topic: The L  (Read 11274 times)

May 21, 2015, 10:51 PM #225

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
Alright, maybe I should update this with the very VERY little work done to it lately.

I've figured that there isn't really much I want to do in the near future to the car except drive it.

However, I realize I didn't post pictures of the black interior swap so...

The seats cracks are a bit exaggerated by the way the photo was taken, and I plan to try my best to make sure the wear doesn't get any worse.  The belts, and the front dash have yet to be replaced.  Will find them at Buck's Auto Parts at some point.  The black glove box lid I have, and the HVAC swap I have as well.

The HVAC swap is a change from manual switches to climate control by setting the temperature on the gauges.  Much like newer cars.  I have all those parts as well to complete that.  This:

Also, something I don't have pictures of is the dash.  I went ahead with white lights at a wider angle and they look better. 

What else.. hmm.. 

@RazorBlaze did a nice tail light tint for me, not making it darker, but just making it red.  Before and after shots?

Put on a license plate bracket sent to me from a member of Sixthsphere (saturn forum) because of a secret Santa.  These are neat!  Doesn't really fit my holder though, and can't use it for the rear plates as they would cover the stickers :(

That's about it so far.  Just daily driving and cabin trips so far for this car, and maybe more to come in the future!

Thanks for reading!
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:53 PM by slipstreamconversion

Top Tier Imports

The L
    « Reply #225 on: May 21, 2015, 10:51 PM »

April 17, 2016, 06:40 PM #226

• slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
    Holy crap I haven't posted any updates in a long time.

Just maintenance really.

I scrapped the projector project when I last moved due to needing space and those projectors needed a ton of work.  Since I didn't pay much if anything for them I threw them out with plans maybe one day to try again.

For now I decided to just paint the lower silver shades of my headlights black, similar to my SC2.  Not touching the light refracting silver, but just the decorative silver.

Pictures:

^ The headlights these are out of, was my 2001 Saturn LS1 I bought for parts and scrapped.  Kept the headlights, although they had crazy amounts of scratches and fogginess.

^ Here is them after some wet sanding and hand polishing.  Still not great but an improvement.

^ And here is the light refracting silver I didn't touch, with the lower silver shade removed.

^ Sanded the silvery silverness.  Taped off the reflective silver for the turn signal

^ Huzzah!

^ Back together

^ Re-pressed together and sealed

^ 4th time unsealing and sealing headlights, and I still suck at not making a mess.  This is the best result so far, I just have shaky hands.

^ Next day, here is the starting point.

^ Polished and waxed using an orbital because I'm a lazy mofo.

Cliffs:

^ Before

^ After

^ Before

^ After

They look great in person, my cell camera doesn't really do it justice.  Will take some photos on a not cloudy day maybe.

April 17, 2016, 07:05 PM #227

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
      • Reputation Power: 56
      • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
      looks a touch more modern
      It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

April 17, 2016, 07:51 PM #228

From January 2000 to February 2000! :P

There will be some slight progress soon with finishing the dash swap to black and grabbing a black wheel from a certain person.

After that I doubt I'll be doing much else for now.

February 01, 2017, 08:18 PM #229

Well, not much in the way of modifications have been done, but maintenance has been done.

- Thermostat (which was ridiculous)

but I did throw in HID retrofitted headlights, for sale on a saturn fb page.  Needed new bulbs but now it's all settled.

Before

After

After

As expected, a huge difference and the cutoff is nice too.

Next up in spring:
          - Timing belt replacement (bought the official timing locks and tools)
          - FK Coilovers (my struts are toast and these were on sale from a guy who wrote off his wagon before he could install em)
          - Drilled and slotted rotors (my rotors need replacement and these are from the same guy, used for a month)

And in later summer:
          - Rear bushings

So I dunno.  Maybe I'll update this again.   Progress will be slow, if at all, due to only replacing what is required.

February 02, 2017, 08:29 AM #230

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
            • Reputation Power: 370
            • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

Top Tier Imports

The L
            « Reply #230 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29 AM »