Author Topic: PDR Tech  (Read 1235 times)

November 12, 2013, 12:41 PM #0

Dan

So, recently my friends decided that rough-housing in a parking lot was fun... Until they hit my car.

I had a nasty dent that creased in the line of the window regulator... I thought for sure this was going to be another MPI claim.   Brought it to Kevin, and all he said was 2 words.. No problem.

Within an hour and 45 minutes, the car was ready.  Went to see the work, absolutely amazing.  He was able to get out every wrinkle, every crease, and remove every bit of imperfection of the dent.

After this, he went and did a one over on the car, and he noticed that there was hail damage on the hood, and the roof, and one of the quarter panels.
I was not expecting Kevin to do this, all i had wanted done was the one dent.  He explained to me every dent on the car can easily be removed, and it wouldn't take a lot of effort.  But in the long run
it would be better off going through MPI, since the deductible would cover everything.

I've been there twice, he has pulled 2 nasty dents, and they look like it never happened.
I'm sure that other people here have been there, but I didn't see a thread for PDR Tech. 

I would recommend anyone with a dent that they need pulled, to go see those guys!

Top Tier Imports

PDR Tech
    « on: November 12, 2013, 12:41 PM »

November 12, 2013, 01:14 PM #1

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
    • Reputation Power: 370
    • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

November 12, 2013, 01:41 PM #2

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
    • Reputation Power: 48
    • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
    Also had a good experience at PDR tech. Pulled a nice size dent out of my quarter panel in about 30 minutes.

Pricing is also very reasonable. I would definitely go back!
    build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

November 12, 2013, 02:45 PM #3

Dan

Originally posted by Shaun
      Pics?

I wish i could have got some, the way that it was crinkled into the door panel, it was hard to get with a camera.  It wasn't deep, but there was a huge area effected.

The dent extended almost 4-5inches across, and about 3-4 inches top to bottom.   When it was pushed up against the regulator, it had popped back out with a convex style dent.

Maybe next time!

And i agree Stefan, pricing was really good.  When its cheaper to go to them, then MPI, its totally a win-win!

November 12, 2013, 05:42 PM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 198
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

November 12, 2013, 05:53 PM #5

Anne Goose Offline

• Reputation Power: 42
        • Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...
        Originally posted by Dan
        So, recently my friends decided that rough-housing in a parking lot was fun... Until they hit my car.

I had a nasty dent that creased in the line of the window regulator... I thought for sure this was going to be another MPI claim.   Brought it to Kevin, and all he said was 2 words.. No problem.

Within an hour and 45 minutes, the car was ready.  Went to see the work, absolutely amazing.  He was able to get out every wrinkle, every crease, and remove every bit of imperfection of the dent.

After this, he went and did a one over on the car, and he noticed that there was hail damage on the hood, and the roof, and one of the quarter panels.
        I was not expecting Kevin to do this, all i had wanted done was the one dent.  He explained to me every dent on the car can easily be removed, and it wouldn't take a lot of effort.  But in the long run
        it would be better off going through MPI, since the deductible would cover everything.

I've been there twice, he has pulled 2 nasty dents, and they look like it never happened.
        I'm sure that other people here have been there, but I didn't see a thread for PDR Tech. 

I would recommend anyone with a dent that they need pulled, to go see those guys!

Video evidence of the rough housing?
        [Dec 08 16:45:00] Adomp:do I talk to autter about that? I thought she was the person to speak about the UHL
        [Dec 08 16:44:39] Adomp:is there a an Ugly Hockey League? event like this wont happen again.

November 12, 2013, 05:58 PM #6

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
          • Reputation Power: 246
          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
          You're welcome.
          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

November 12, 2013, 06:55 PM #7

Dan

Originally posted by Igor
            You're welcome.
            Thank you.. again :P

Mike - PDR Tech, Dugald RD... was even the first result in google.   tolls need to try harder.

September 28, 2015, 10:09 PM #8

Dan

Went back to PDR Tech again.   Had a MPI claim over the course of the summer with some hail damage i wanted to get cleaned up.
              Tim took in the car, and called me back 6 hours later all done!  MPI esimated the job at about 3K damage to the roof, hood, pillars, rails and a few on the door.   Like before, he did an amazing job and i would surely continue to recommend his work to anyone!

Thanks again @Igor

Top Tier Imports

PDR Tech
                « Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 10:09 PM »