Author Topic: 2013 Subaru BRZ Build Thread  (Read 101608 times)

July 17, 2016, 10:58 PM #1100

mhubeny180sx Offline

• Vehicle: 180sx
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • mhubeny180sx has no influence.
Originally posted by Alex2NF
I walked away with "best in class", which was LESS than I won last year (stock body, lip kit, coilovers), which I'm still scratching my head about.  Again, scratching my head, but cest la vie. These really aren't sour grapes, I'm just putting that out there since a lot of people have messaged me about it. Honestly, it's a regional Winnipeg show that doesn't really have much weight in the grand scheme of things, so life goes on and future work/plans move forward.

Probably because there are like 9 million rocket bunny kitted frs/brz and its nothing special. Tbh i wouldn't bother entering one of these shows, I could care less about subjective judgement of random people. Your car is pretty awesome, looking forward to what comes next!

Top Tier Imports

2013 Subaru BRZ Build Thread
    « Reply #1100 on: July 17, 2016, 10:58 PM »

July 18, 2016, 05:15 PM #1101

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
    • Reputation Power: 234
    • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
    Originally posted by mhubeny180sx
    Probably because there are like 9 million rocket bunny kitted frs/brz and its nothing special. Tbh i wouldn't bother entering one of these shows, I could care less about subjective judgement of random people. Your car is pretty awesome, looking forward to what comes next!

lmao @ nothing special. Are you serious?  Seeing them pop up on IG/FB feeds doesn't make something common.

13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
    04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
    ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
    98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
    IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

July 18, 2016, 05:59 PM #1102

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
      • Reputation Power: 173
      • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
      Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:09 PM by Vince
      (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

July 18, 2016, 07:25 PM #1103

Sloppyclock Offline

• Vehicle: Some janky car
        • Reputation Power: 61
        • Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!Sloppyclock is a rising star!

Seriously? You got banned off Zilvia for saying the same stuff and here you are, doing it again.

It's funny how to always talk about stuff being common cause you always see it on the internet yet hardly see it in real life. If you don't like common things how come you bought that $1700-$1900 red Maxis (not even a Zeros LOL) a few weeks ago when you said they were played out only a few months ago? Sounds like back tracking to me.

You buy off the shelf parts that have been around for over 15 years and claim that you're doing something original. Wow, red maxis, some Japanese bolt in roll cage and a hitman steering wheel? So original my dude

You also said that you "could care less about subjective judgement of random people" then why are you stating yours? Last time I checked your just some scrub judging a car that he hasn't even seen in person.

I could say the only uncommon thing you have going on your car is your GOD AWFUL wheel fitment with your hella sick $700+ 50mm spacers
        ウィッチクラフトワークス
        Street Terrorist x Private Runners Street Family
        IG: @sloppyclock

July 18, 2016, 07:41 PM #1104

mhubeny180sx Offline

• Vehicle: 180sx
          • mhubeny180sx has no influence.
          Originally posted by Sloppyclock
          tldr;

feel free to "attack" me in pm don't spam peoples build threads with your personal issues and other problems you have with someone you don't anything about. thanks.

lmao @ nothing special. Are you serious?  Seeing them pop up on IG/FB feeds doesn't make something common.

its just over done is what im saying, almost every show car modified brz/86/frs has one of these kits. it looks cool, but if you walk into a car show today and there is a brz/86/frs there, its not very surprising to see a rb kit fitted.

July 18, 2016, 07:44 PM #1105

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
            • Reputation Power: 84
            • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
            mhubeny180sx =

Alex, car is looking sick as ever. Probably my favorite  BRZ/FRS I've seen.

July 18, 2016, 07:53 PM #1106

Alex2NF Offline

• Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
              feel free to "attack" me in pm don't spam peoples build threads with your personal issues and other problems you have with someone you don't anything about. thanks.

its just over done is what im saying, almost every show car modified brz/86/frs has one of these kits. it looks cool, but if you walk into a car show today and there is a brz/86/frs there, its not very surprising to see a rb kit fitted.

Do me a favor and answer a question for me. How many large market import car shows have you attended? Be honest
              13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
              ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

July 18, 2016, 08:04 PM #1107

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                • Reputation Power: 173
                • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                My browser on my phone keeps showing larges patches of black. Probably from all the shade being thrown.
                (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

July 19, 2016, 01:05 AM #1108

osonpg Offline

• Vehicle: BRZ
                  • Reputation Power: 1
                  • osonpg has no influence.

I've followed your build since you posted in ft86club.com last year some time and its been an addicting and fun read.  I loved your car as you entered it last year voted for you too. 

Lets be honest tho.  RB 86's are awesome.  But to pretend that they aren't common in the online car scene and regional/national shows is just silly.

I'm no expert on car scene judging but I expect that the massive online presence of RB 86's has a desensitizing effect and the bunny no longer has the impact it once did. 

I don't know how active you are on 86 forums but anything bunny related nowdays gets boo'd right out the door.  So I would have to agree that ONLINE the bunny is overplayed, but we don't live online do we.  Seeing the reactions of every day people when they see the car is all you need to know your driving something special.  But I wouldn't expect a car show judge to show that same enthusiasm after seeing them for 4 years.  My .02

July 19, 2016, 10:11 AM #1109

nickcoldwell Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Evo X Mr (sold), 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD.
                    • nickcoldwell has no influence.
                    so many haters lol wut....... I just keep checking back to see if you got the two new front wheels yet :hurr:

July 19, 2016, 11:03 AM #1110

Alex2NF Offline

Originally posted by osonpg

I've followed your build since you posted in ft86club.com last year some time and its been an addicting and fun read.  I loved your car as you entered it last year voted for you too. 

Lets be honest tho.  RB 86's are awesome.  But to pretend that they aren't common in the online car scene and regional/national shows is just silly.

I'm no expert on car scene judging but I expect that the massive online presence of RB 86's has a desensitizing effect and the bunny no longer has the impact it once did. 

I don't know how active you are on 86 forums but anything bunny related nowdays gets boo'd right out the door.  So I would have to agree that ONLINE the bunny is overplayed, but we don't live online do we.  Seeing the reactions of every day people when they see the car is all you need to know your driving something special.  But I wouldn't expect a car show judge to show that same enthusiasm after seeing them for 4 years.  My .02

I actually agree. IG/FB have completely changed the way people view cars. We live in a very small market and a lot of things you see on JDMGram don't exist here, so I honestly don't think anything could be considered "played out" or "common" in our province. Hearing that there are "9 million" others when in reality there are two (V1 and a V2) is agitating. Online though, I would agree that it doesn't take much effort to find a picture of one. In my opinion, the parts don't buy a free pass into recognition, it all comes down to how it's been executed.
                      13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                      ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

July 19, 2016, 11:44 AM #1111

osonpg Offline

I actually agree. IG/FB have completely changed the way people view cars. We live in a very small market and a lot of things you see on JDMGram don't exist here, so I honestly don't think anything could be considered "played out" or "common" in our province. Hearing that there are "9 million" others when in reality there are two (V1 and a V2) is agitating. Online though, I would agree that it doesn't take much effort to find a picture of one. In my opinion, the parts don't buy a free pass into recognition, it all comes down to how it's been executed.

Yeah man 100%.  I would say more than half the bunnies out there online are botched and almost give the kit a bad name in some places.  Yours really is something special and I hope one day I get to see it in person.

I might bring mine down to Winnipeg one day if the roads don't total it before I get there.  (Might even loop down into the states just to find a decent road there lol).

I went straight Miura-san inspired and didn't change too much else on the outside. 

July 19, 2016, 02:42 PM #1112

Alex2NF Offline

Originally posted by osonpg
                          Yeah man 100%.  I would say more than half the bunnies out there online are botched and almost give the kit a bad name in some places.  Yours really is something special and I hope one day I get to see it in person.

I might bring mine down to Winnipeg one day if the roads don't total it before I get there.  (Might even loop down into the states just to find a decent road there lol).

I went straight Miura-san inspired and didn't change too much else on the outside. 

Your wheels break my heart :(

I miss my RS05's.

Deep concave in the rear, mild in the front?
                          13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                          ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

July 19, 2016, 07:21 PM #1113

osonpg Offline

Your wheels break my heart :(

I miss my RS05's.

Deep concave in the rear, mild in the front?

Haha oh god I can't tell you how many times I stared at your old build with the RS05's.  It was the perfect wheel for the build it brought tears to my eyes.

10.5 +15 face R(deep conc) and 10.0 +22 face R in front too.

July 20, 2016, 10:54 AM #1114

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                              • Reputation Power: 120
                              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                              concave wheels get me going ;)
                              BAASSSSSSS
                              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

February 11, 2017, 07:38 PM #1115

Juan Offline

• Vehicle: FRS
                                • Reputation Power: 26
                                • Juan barely matters.Juan barely matters.
                                Wow its been awhile. Part out?
                                FAHRVERGNÜGEN

February 16, 2017, 12:11 PM #1116

Alex2NF Offline

Originally posted by Juan
                                  Wow its been awhile. Part out?

Everything is for sale for the right price :)
                                  13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                                  ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

March 01, 2017, 02:28 AM #1117

heiyuu Offline

• Vehicle: 06 Civic, 05 Frontier, 98 Integra, 93 180sx
                                    • Reputation Power: 35
                                    • heiyuu is working their way up.heiyuu is working their way up.heiyuu is working their way up.
                                    he busy sitting in that nice chair

April 16, 2017, 03:15 AM #1118

osonpg Offline

Oh damn, why the sale?

I might be interested in a few items.  The hood comes to mind off the top of my head.

Top Tier Imports

2013 Subaru BRZ Build Thread
                                        « Reply #1118 on: April 16, 2017, 03:15 AM »