Author Topic: SuperMotos / Motards  (Read 663 times)

February 26, 2014, 04:01 PM #0

Sahba Offline

  • Posts: 1,286
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
    Location: Brandon
  • Real Name: Sahba
  • Vehicle: Legacy Spec.B, Toyota Supra Turbo, '99 Ninja Cafe
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Sahba barely matters.Sahba barely matters.
Does anyone know whether you can take an offroad motorcycle/dirtbike and add the things needed to make it street legal?

I'm guessing things like headlights, brake lights, turn signals, tires are needed.

Is this something that is allowed in Manitoba?

irrelevant icon  :hut:


    Top Tier Imports

    SuperMotos / Motards
    « on: February 26, 2014, 04:01 PM »

    February 26, 2014, 05:51 PM #1

    evo1 Offline

    • Regular Member
    • Posts: 749
    • Join Date: Jun 2012
      Location: Brandon
    • Real Name: Mitch
    • Vehicle: 1992 Lancer Evolution RS, 6.7 SRW Mega Cab 3500
    • Reputation Power: 9
    • evo1 has no influence.
    Yes I believe you can.
    Gert was doing this to a bike of his. Not finished yet.

      February 27, 2014, 05:49 PM #2

      Brohan Offline

      • Regular Member
      • Posts: 130
      • Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Winnipeg
      • Vehicle: STi
      • Reputation Power: 2
      • Brohan has no influence.
      I plan on doing this to a cr 500 sometime. Would be awesome

        February 28, 2014, 06:31 PM #3

        99blackSE Offline

        • Regular Member
        • Posts: 707
        • Join Date: May 2012
          Location: Winnipeg
        • Vehicle: Two wheels, wrecked wheels, four wheels.
        • Reputation Power: 16
        • 99blackSE has no influence.
        I was under the impression you couldn't from talking to people previously but I could very well be wrong.
        2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
        2001 Silverado Z71 - workhorse
        2011 CBR 250RA

          February 28, 2014, 08:14 PM #4

          s-low Offline

          • Regular Member
          • Posts: 855
          • Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Manitoba
          • Real Name: Josh Cunningham
          • Vehicle: 14 F150, 10 Edge, 03 Accord, 09 V Star 950T
          • Reputation Power: 11
          • s-low has no influence.
          ^This. I personally have not put in the research, but from what I have read/been told, here's the scoop:

          Its virtually impossible and it has to do with the VIN. Trying to insure a vehicle that was never meant to be insured for street use is basically considered the same as building a motorcycle from scratch and trying to assign your own VIN. From the people I've talked too, it is much easier to simply buy a SM than build one.

          Once again, I personally did not put the time in to research so don't hold me to it. If I have time I will do some digging. In the mean time, you will need to contact MPI and VIU and find out what their requirements would be for doing such a thing.

            Top Tier Imports

            SuperMotos / Motards
            « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:14 PM »