Author Topic: Reputation System Information  (Read 5024 times)

March 02, 2014, 09:33 PM #0

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
  • Reputation Power: 362
  • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
A reputation system has been put in place to allow users to agree or disagree with a member's post without adding any clutter to the thread.

If you feel a member has added a good contribution or valuable information to a thread, reward them by agreeing with their post by clicking the "thumbs up" icon in the bottom left of the member's info in a post.

If you feel a member has posted something that isn't of any value, a rude comment, or a post that breaks forum rules, you can disagree and lower their reputation by clicking the "thumbs up" icon and selecting "I disagree".

How do the points work?

For every post you make, you gain 3 reputation points.
For every thread you make, you gain 10 reputation points.

Every 100 point increments, you gain 1 reputation power. For example 1565 reputation points = 15 reputation power. Your reputation points are visible in your profile. You can find a log of reputation you have given and received in your profile under Profile Info > View Reputation.

You can use your power to either increase or decrease someone's reputation. Agreeing with someone's post will result in an increase to their reputation by your amount of power. Disagreeing with someone's post will result in a decrease of their reputation by your amount of power.

How many times a day can I give reputation?

You can give reputation up to 25 times a day. You must also give reputation to 4 other people before repeating the same person. Use it wisely!

If you feel you have unjustly been given negative reputation, please contact a moderator.

We hope the addition of this new feature will promote more valuable content posted on the site!
Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:29 AM by Shaun

Top Tier Imports

Reputation System Information
    « on: March 02, 2014, 09:33 PM »

March 02, 2014, 10:01 PM #1

Lou Offline

• Vehicle: E90 BMW 328i
    • Reputation Power: 29
    • Lou barely matters.Lou barely matters.
    Cool. Thanks for the info as I am sure I'm not the only one who was a little unsure of/new to the rep system.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

March 02, 2014, 10:40 PM #2

91GTO

I wonder how much into the negative I can go?

March 03, 2014, 06:04 PM #3

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
        • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
        I feel unjustly positively repped.
        Bought, not Built.

March 05, 2014, 10:53 PM #4

AC Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX, 1993 Mazda RX-7
          • Reputation Power: 2
          • AC has no influence.
          Interesting system guys. Hopefully it works out as planned and is not abused.

March 06, 2014, 05:54 AM #5

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
            • Reputation Power: 190
            • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

March 06, 2014, 09:09 AM #6

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
            • Reputation Power: 82
            • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
            Good system if used right, I know on the other forum it was a bit abused.

It didn't really affect anything until new people started joining and trusting people with high rep, even if they are just the trolls getting rep from their friends.  Or the new people are quick to trust someone with high rep who doesn't know what they are talking about, over an experienced person with low rep.

Looking forward to seeing how this works on TopTier :)

April 18, 2014, 07:16 PM #7

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
              Are the moderators the only people that can remove negative feedback?

Moderator list?

Is there anyone in particular to contact?

April 18, 2014, 07:31 PM #8

Nismoline Offline

• Vehicle: R32 GTR
                • Reputation Power: 108
                • Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
                Originally posted by themikewoo
                Are the moderators the only people that can remove negative feedback?

Moderator list?

Is there anyone in particular to contact?
                Only admins can remove the feedback
                Jdm parking fo life!
                #driven2016

April 18, 2014, 07:33 PM #9

themikewoo Offline

Originally posted by Nismoline
                  Only admins can remove the feedback

Is there another Administrator besides Shaun?

April 18, 2014, 07:34 PM #10

Nismoline Offline

• Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
                    Is there another Administrator besides Shaun?
                    No. People need to not abuse the system and then there wont be any problems.
                    Jdm parking fo life!
                    #driven2016

April 18, 2014, 07:37 PM #11

themikewoo Offline

No. People need to not abuse the system and then there wont be any problems.
                      Thanks for answering my question. I hope people stop abusing the system. It is not fun having people give you negative reputation for no apparent reason, then when you ask the person their reason they reply "Just being an internet asshole for no particularly good reason."

April 18, 2014, 07:39 PM #12

Nismoline Offline

Thanks for answering my question. I hope people stop abusing the system. It is not fun having people give you negative reputation for no apparent reason, then when you ask the person their reason they reply "Just being an internet asshole for no particularly good reason."
                        The people that abuse it get points and get banned. Hopefully they learn their lesson. If not they will just get banned again for longer
                        Jdm parking fo life!
                        #driven2016

April 18, 2014, 07:43 PM #13

themikewoo Offline

The people that abuse it get points and get banned. Hopefully they learn their lesson. If not they will just get banned again for longer
                          I sent a private message to the Administrator Shaun. I included the conversation between myself and this personz in question. I did not ask that this person get points or even was thinking about a ban, but I am sure Shaun will do the right thing :)

April 18, 2014, 07:54 PM #14

Nismoline Offline

Any abuse to the rep system can be reported and will be dealt with accordingly by one of the mods/admin.
                            Jdm parking fo life!
                            #driven2016

July 10, 2014, 10:27 AM #15

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5

July 10, 2014, 11:25 AM #16

Dan

Why is my reputation not going up?
                              We can only give you rep so much for asking a/s/l and random classified questions.
                              And you don't give out rep too much from what i've seen.

July 10, 2014, 01:13 PM #17

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
                                • Reputation Power: 95
                                • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
                                Why is my reputation not going up?

Because you don't ask enough questions in the classified sections.

July 10, 2014, 01:40 PM #18

themikewoo Offline

Originally posted by Dan
                                  We can only give you rep so much for asking a/s/l and random classified questions.
                                  And you don't give out rep too much from what i've seen.
                                  This is true. You have to give out 10/15 reputation before giving to that same person.

How are you able to see my reputation? I cannot see yours in your profile.

Originally posted by Winter Beater
                                  I try but I also have a full time job and a baby to take care of.

Based on the formula in the first post, I should be around 49 reputation power. I know that I have some negative reputation (who doesn't :P) but it seems that mine does not increase. I have also noted that you are supposed to get 3 reputation points for creating threads, I don't seem to.

Could someone take a look please.

July 10, 2014, 01:43 PM #19

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                    • Reputation Power: 362
                                    • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                                    It's working fine.

July 10, 2014, 01:47 PM #20

Winter Beater Offline

• Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!

How are you able to see my reputation? I cannot see yours in your profile.

Everybody's reputation is visible under their name when they post. See attached pic which I have highlighted for you.

It is a good indication of if the person makes a positive contribution to the forum, or a negative one.

Typically if you take their reputation number and multiply it by 100 if it is greater than their post count they make a positive contribution to the forum. If it is lower than their post count, it is possible that their contribution to the forum is less positive.

July 10, 2014, 02:26 PM #21

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
                                        • Reputation Power: 82
                                        • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
                                        He means how can you see how many he has given out.

He has repped me a couple times.  I assumed he shared the love quite a bit because you can't rep a person twice very easily.

July 10, 2014, 03:11 PM #22

themikewoo Offline

Originally posted by slipstreamconversion
                                          He means how can you see how many he has given out.

He has repped me a couple times.  I assumed he shared the love quite a bit because you can't rep a person twice very easily.
                                          Exactly thanks for helping me clarify. I'd give you some positive reputation but can't do that on tapatalk and I've given to you recently :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                          Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:38 PM by themikewoo

July 10, 2014, 05:03 PM #23

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
                                            • Reputation Power: 72
                                            • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
                                            Originally posted by Winter Beater
                                            Negged for not providing any meaningful dialog and belittling other users. 

July 10, 2014, 05:44 PM #24

Winter Beater Offline

Originally posted by Magner
                                              Negged for not providing any meaningful dialog and belittling other users. 

I was simply suggesting he continue his service to this forum by ensuring all potential questions get answered in for sale threads. It was meaningful dialog and was in no way belittling.

I'm sure the forum moderators would appreciate it if you discontinued your improper use of the rep system.

Top Tier Imports

Reputation System Information
                                                « Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 05:44 PM »