Author Topic: Ctowns Stanced Celica/Bass Machine  (Read 21871 times)

March 27, 2014, 02:41 PM #25

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • sm1ke has no influence.
17s are a good size for this gen Celica. My cousin owns a silver one with 5 spoke 17s and the TRD lip kit.

Top Tier Imports

2000 Celica
    « Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 02:41 PM »

March 27, 2014, 03:22 PM #26

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 108
    • Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.
    Ya, I want to get 17x8 5x100 with +25 offset and 215/45/17 tires, but I don't have the money yet and i want to get this thing running good first.
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

March 27, 2014, 03:29 PM #27

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 186
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
      My Civic burns oil as well. Same amount as your Celica.

Do you notice more oil consumption at highway speeds or aggressive city driving high rpm  between the lights?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

March 27, 2014, 03:34 PM #28

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
        • Reputation Power: 80
        • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
        Originally posted by Ctown8
        then about 3/4 a quart... depending on how aggressive i drive, it can even be off the dipstick.

ouch have to agree with 87mk3supra as far as the rebuild goes
        [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
        95 GTR- SOLD
        03 RSX-S - SOLD
        08 G6- wrekt
        10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

March 27, 2014, 04:06 PM #29

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.Ctown8 has an aura about them.
          Originally posted by themikewoo
          My Civic burns oil as well. Same amount as your Celica.

Do you notice more oil consumption at highway speeds or aggressive city driving high rpm  between the lights?

Ya, i do most of my driving on the the highway. Considering that the rebuild kit is only 300$ I think it will be worth it, is anyone willing to help me with the rebuild?
          BAASSSSSSS
          I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
          My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

March 27, 2014, 04:11 PM #30

Dan

rebuild kit + machine costs + labor + rings + a few other things.

It adds up, and will definitely be over 300.

March 27, 2014, 04:13 PM #31

DonR Offline

• DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
              Originally posted by Dan

depends if his rebuild kit he is talking about is just redoing seals
              [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
              95 GTR- SOLD
              03 RSX-S - SOLD
              08 G6- wrekt
              10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

March 27, 2014, 04:15 PM #32

Dan

Originally posted by r34don
                depends if his rebuild kit he is talking about is just redoing seals

its also dependent on what the issue is.  If its burning off through the rings, or the valve stem seals, a compression and leakdown test will tell him most likely what needs to be done.

March 27, 2014, 04:34 PM #33

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by Dan
                  its also dependent on what the issue is.  If its burning off through the rings, or the valve stem seals, a compression and leakdown test will tell him most likely what needs to be done.

March 27, 2014, 04:49 PM #34

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Dan

This is the kit I might get http://www.ebay.ca/itm/220698369608?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and I'm doing it all myself with friends, so no labor fees, and compression is good across the board.
                    BAASSSSSSS

March 27, 2014, 04:50 PM #35

DonR Offline

i know a rebuild on a 3800 series 2 pontiac engine was about 15hours labour and with parts cost just over 3,000

89 240SX- SOLD
                      95 GTR- SOLD
                      03 RSX-S - SOLD
                      08 G6- wrekt
                      10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

March 27, 2014, 04:51 PM #36

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by r34don
                        i know a rebuild on a 3800 series 2 pontiac engine was about 15hours labour and with parts cost just over 3,000
                        OUCH thats crazy, time is not an issue for me :P
                        BAASSSSSSS

March 27, 2014, 04:52 PM #37

DonR Offline

OUCH thats crazy, time is not an issue for me :P

did a complete overhaul on mine though, including a rebore and all that jazz

89 240SX- SOLD
                          95 GTR- SOLD
                          03 RSX-S - SOLD
                          08 G6- wrekt
                          10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

March 27, 2014, 05:40 PM #38

themikewoo Offline

March 27, 2014, 07:28 PM #39

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                            • Reputation Power: 182
                            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                            I wouldn't even bother rebuilding it for that amount of oil, and the value of the car.
                            You're probably better off to just monitor it, and add oil accordingly.

As for wheels, I have a set of 18x8 +35 (IIRC) that I have considered replacing on my celica this summer.
                            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

March 27, 2014, 11:08 PM #40

Ctown8 Offline

compression is 180 on all 4 cylinders
                              BAASSSSSSS

March 27, 2014, 11:11 PM #41

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                                I wouldn't even bother rebuilding it for that amount of oil, and the value of the car.
                                You're probably better off to just monitor it, and add oil accordingly.

As for wheels, I have a set of 18x8 +35 (IIRC) that I have considered replacing on my celica this summer.
                                Money isn't too much of a problem, would rebuilding it help or solve the problem? The 1zzfe motors were built with low quality piston rings between 2000 and 2002, would replacing just the rings be a good idea? Personally i think it has more to do with the valve seals though.. So I think if I do anything, I should do everything all at once, right? and how much for the rims? And what bolt pattern?
                                BAASSSSSSS

March 27, 2014, 11:57 PM #42

87mk3supra Offline

• Vehicle: 87 supra turbo, 04 S55 ///AMG, 91 w126 56o sel
                                  • Reputation Power: 3
                                  • 87mk3supra has no influence.
                                  I think its time for a 2jz swap project 🙌

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JZA70 enthusiast. also detail cars on the side (cut,polish,wax) if you want your ride done pm me!

March 28, 2014, 01:15 AM #43

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                    • Reputation Power: 182
                                    • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                    Money isn't too much of a problem, would rebuilding it help or solve the problem? The 1zzfe motors were built with low quality piston rings between 2000 and 2002, would replacing just the rings be a good idea? Personally i think it has more to do with the valve seals though.. So I think if I do anything, I should do everything all at once, right? and how much for the rims? And what bolt pattern?
                                    I'm not entirely sure about the engine, I'd wait for so wine else's opinion who's more knowledgeable on that type of thing.
                                    As fir the wheels they're 5x100 (off a 6th gen celica) hadn't really given it a whole lot of thought yet, but if you're seriously interested shot me a pm. Only thing is I won't be back in Winnipeg untill the end of may at the earliest
                                    Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                    I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

March 28, 2014, 09:39 AM #44

DonR Offline

Originally posted by 87mk3supra
                                      I think its time for a 2jz swap project

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

this idea is badassery

89 240SX- SOLD
                                      95 GTR- SOLD
                                      03 RSX-S - SOLD
                                      08 G6- wrekt
                                      10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

March 28, 2014, 06:28 PM #45

Ctown8 Offline

Can anyone tell me more info about the engine rebuild and if its a good idea? Will it delay my engines death? Will it slow down my oil burning?
                                        BAASSSSSSS

March 28, 2014, 07:49 PM #46

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                          What kind of oil do you use?

My engine has been consuming oil since I got her in 2006. For me it's more convenient to just keep filling it up with cheap oil rather than rebuilding an engine I know is worth nothing and put more money into a car that will be replaced as soon as there is major failure. But since it's a Honda Civic that will probably be when I become a grandfather.

March 29, 2014, 02:48 PM #47

Ctown8 Offline

What kind of oil do you use?

My engine has been consuming oil since I got her in 2006. For me it's more convenient to just keep filling it up with cheap oil rather than rebuilding an engine I know is worth nothing and put more money into a car that will be replaced as soon as there is major failure. But since it's a Honda Civic that will probably be when I become a grandfather.
                                            this is true, i always go with 5w-30, but I think I might switch to 20w-30 or something, what do you use and what do you recommend? And also i think rebuilding the engine would be a good experience too, not just be good for the car.
                                            BAASSSSSSS

March 29, 2014, 04:45 PM #48

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                              this is true, i always go with 5w-30, but I think I might switch to 20w-30 or something, what do you use and what do you recommend? And also i think rebuilding the engine would be a good experience too, not just be good for the car.
                                              20w-30? I have never even heard of that oil weight before. I recommend the cheapest conventional oil per litre.

Rebuilding an engine = good experience? This is your daily driver right?

March 29, 2014, 04:54 PM #49

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                                                • Reputation Power: 234
                                                • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                                                Can anyone tell me more info about the engine rebuild and if its a good idea? Will it delay my engines death? Will it slow down my oil burning?

You said your compression is a solid 180 across all 4 cylinders, so the oil consumption is more than likely the top end. Do you get puffs of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust on cold starts? Putting a heavier weighted oil is a very bad idea. I'm not an expert, but my first thought is that you could potentially be preventing oil from pushing through valve seals by robbing your bearings of lubrication.

Either way, I have the same suggestion as most other people. Just keep putting oil it it. It's not worth the money to pay someone to rebuild it, and it's not worth the uncertainty of rebuilding it yourself.
                                                13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                                                04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                                                ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                                                98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                                                IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

Top Tier Imports

2000 Celica
                                                  « Reply #49 on: March 29, 2014, 04:54 PM »