Author Topic: Official Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 5582 times)

May 27, 2012, 09:32 AM #0

Ralliart Guy Offline

• Vehicle: 2009 Mitsubishi Ralliart
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Ralliart Guy has no influence.
What Movie are you going to see each weekend. I myself am a HUGE movie fan and generally see one almost every weekend during the summer blockbuster months. past 2 weekends have the Avengers it was ok pretty much what every one was expecting. last weekend really surprised me. Went to see Battleship was way better than I expected, I would give this movie 2 thumbs up.

If you really want to see a new movie opening weekend, I have found the best strategy is to go the the earliest showing on Sundays. The die hards have already seen it Friday and Saturday  the church going folks are just getting out of church and heading for lunch and the young party crowd is still hung over and most other people are enjoying sleeping in doing yard work, working a job or possibly out at the lake etc. Bottom line you get to see the latest flick with next to no crowds and still have time to prep the car should you decide to head out and cruise Sunday night.

My wife and I are going to Men in Black 3 in 3D at SIlverCity St. Vital for 12:15 p.m show today Sunday May 27 if any other couples are interested in joining us.

As they say See You At The Movies.
Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:15 PM by Shaun
Too much to list. Check out my build thread
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1066

Top Tier Imports

Official Movie Discussion Thread!
    « on: May 27, 2012, 09:32 AM »

May 27, 2012, 09:37 AM #1

BADWAGN Offline

• Vehicle: AUDI B7 Avant Stage II+
    • Reputation Power: 46
    • BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...
    Originally posted by Ralliart Guy
    What Movie are you going to see each weekend. I myself am a HUGE movie fan and generally see one almost every weekend during the summer blockbuster months. past 2 weekends have the Avengers it was ok pretty much what every one was expecting. last weekend really surprised me. Went to see Battleship was way better than I expected, I would give this movie 2 thumbs up.

If you really want to see a new movie opening weekend, I have found the best strategy is to go the the earliest showing on Sundays. The die hards have already seen it Friday and Saturday  the church going folks are just getting out of church and heading for lunch and the young party crowd is still hung over and most other people are enjoying sleeping in doing yard work, working a job or possibly out at the lake etc. Bottom line you get to see the latest flick with next to no crowds and still have time to prep the car should you decide to head out and cruise Sunday night.

My wife and I are going to Men in Black 3 in 3D at SIlverCity St. Vital for 12:15 p.m show today Sunday May 27 if any other couples are interested in joining us.

As they say See You At The Movies.
    This sounds like a great idea. Beatrice is heading to a candle light party or what ever you call them for 1:00pm. Next time. I really like the sounds of this.
    'I Hold The Worlds Record for Holding Worlds Records'

'It looks like you were talking when you should have been listening'

'I stuffed it in the lady hole one too many times today'

May 27, 2012, 01:15 PM #2

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
      • Reputation Power: 98
      • firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
      I went and saw MIB III on Friday. It was alright. Cool idea for  a thread.

May 27, 2012, 01:30 PM #3

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
        • Reputation Power: 182
        • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
        LOL at FL's sig.
        Originally posted by Madbuzz41
        I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

May 27, 2012, 07:50 PM #4

BADWAGN Offline

• BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...
          Originally posted by jordisonjr
          LOL at FL's sig.
          I second that. Michelle. Look out. someone is after your title.

May 27, 2012, 08:17 PM #5

AWDSOME

Not funny. >:[

May 27, 2012, 08:24 PM #6

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
              • Reputation Power: 357
              • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
              Cool idea for a thread...I think it might be better as a "Movie Discussion Thread" in general.

Anyone else looking forward to Prometheus? Looks pretty good from the trailer, or maybe it's just the awesome trailer music, haha.

May 27, 2012, 08:36 PM #7

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                • Reputation Power: 141
                • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by Shaun
                Cool idea for a thread...I think it might be better as a "Movie Discussion Thread" in general.

Anyone else looking forward to Prometheus? Looks pretty good from the trailer, or maybe it's just the awesome trailer music, haha.

Someone told it is a prequel to all the Alien movies.. is that true? It looks sick and I want to watch it. I'm just about to watch Cabin in the woods! I didn't bring my Mexican chilli chips yesterday because everyone would've ate them all!

I'm more stoked about watching Dark Knight rising for the summer.. 
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

May 27, 2012, 08:37 PM #8

firelizard Offline

• firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
                  Yeah, Prometheus looks like it'll be pretty epic. I hope it's not going to be like Avatar was for James Cameron though... y'know, overhyped because of the director. But I think it'll be good.

Also really really looking forward for Skyfall (Bond 23), The Great Gatsby, and yes, Total Recall.

May 27, 2012, 08:43 PM #9

Shaun Offline

• Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                    Originally posted by Faken
                    Someone told it is a prequel to all the Alien movies.. is that true? It looks sick and I want to watch it. I'm just about to watch Cabin in the woods! I didn't bring my Mexican chilli chips yesterday because everyone would've ate them all!

I'm more stoked about watching Dark Knight rising for the summer.. 
                    Sounds like it might be a prequel. Definitely looking forward to it! I have to watch The Cabin in the Woods too, I've heard it's excellent!
                    Originally posted by firelizard
                    Yeah, Prometheus looks like it'll be pretty epic. I hope it's not going to be like Avatar was for James Cameron though... y'know, overhyped because of the director. But I think it'll be good.

Also really really looking forward for Skyfall (Bond 23), The Great Gatsby, and yes, Total Recall.
                    I haven't seen Avatar 'cause I'm too much of a hipster. I'm also looking forward to Skyfall!

May 27, 2012, 08:55 PM #10

Ralliart Guy Offline

Prometheus look to be epic, hate to say it but the movie am I most looking forward to is GI Joe LOL !  followed up By Expendables 2, Amazing spider man, and probably be dragged to Batman etc..

May 27, 2012, 08:58 PM #11

firelizard Offline

Ooh yeah, GI Joe actually looks like it'll be a good time. I'm not impressed that they pushed it back to March 2013 to add 3D. :unamused:

May 27, 2012, 09:06 PM #12

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                          • Reputation Power: 141
                          • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                          Originally posted by firelizard
                          Ooh yeah, GI Joe actually looks like it'll be a good time. I'm not impressed that they pushed it back to March 2013 to add 3D. :unamused:

Are you serious? LOL, Good. Gives me more time to actually watch the first one. No one mentioned the Hobbit. I guess I'm the only geek here :(.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                          All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

May 27, 2012, 11:00 PM #13

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                            • Reputation Power: 230
                            • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                            YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

I apologize if these are huge.

EDIT: Hmmm photobucket seems to shrink the quality. I need a flickr account.
                            Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:02 PM by IgorCabrilo
                            2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                            2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 28, 2012, 12:44 AM #14

Ralliart Guy Offline

Um How do i get the itty bitty small blue print bigger so that I can read it? 

May 28, 2012, 01:12 AM #15

Rush Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 AUDI S4
                                • Reputation Power: 18
                                • Rush has no influence.
                                I can't wait to see Prometheus!!!
                                '04 Audi B6 S4   -   '94 BMW E34 530i Touring

May 28, 2012, 06:38 AM #16

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                  • Reputation Power: 230
                                  • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                  Originally posted by Ralliart Guy
                                  Um How do i get the itty bitty small blue print bigger so that I can read it?

Ill post up a higher resolution image when i get home from work. Didnt realize that photo bucket shrinks the images.
                                  2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                  2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 28, 2012, 12:29 PM #17

BADWAGN Offline

Originally posted by Rush
                                    I can't wait to see Prometheus!!!
                                    Same here. Looks awesome.

May 28, 2012, 03:11 PM #18

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
                                      • Reputation Power: 123
                                      • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
                                      I'm looking forward to the new Spiderman.
                                      #keepingitstock

June 02, 2012, 01:35 AM #19

Ralliart Guy Offline

Weekend Update getting a few people together to go see Snow White and the Huntsman for one of the first showings this Sunday June 3rd at Silver City St. Vital.

Recap saw Men in Black III last weekend and it actually answers a lot of questions of Will Smith's character and the relationship with his partner played by Tommy Lee Jones and in this case the younger version play by Josh Brolin.  Just to mention, make sure to visit www.scene.ca to apply for your FREE Scene card. Every 10 admissions paid gets you a free movie and you save 10% of all munchies etc.. when you use it .

Another idea is that there have been a number of remakes of movies from the 70's, 80's and 90's. They have remade Total Recall with the lead being played this time by Collin Ferral and I was thinking of buying a copy of the original on DVD or Blue Ray and having a movie night/ event. As you may already know Arnie played the lead in the original so it will be interesting what they can do with today's technology to give us a look at what Mars might look like should we ever colonize it.

So far Favorite picture for 2012 is Battleship, I went to this one not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the good script and incredible special effects.  The thing that blind sided me was how much time I spent busting a gut laughing as the comedic timing helped along some well placed sound clips etc.. it really keeps the laughs going at one point I was laughing for so long and hard I couldn't feel my cheeks.

This is Ralliart Guy signing off to get some shut eye,  as always I hope to see you at the Movies!
                                        Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:38 AM by Ralliart Guy

June 02, 2012, 02:01 AM #20

firelizard Offline

Yeesh, Battleship? Ok, I haven't seen it, but I am really really really skeptical, especially since it has to go up against Avengers (my favourite flick of 2012 so far) and The Hunger Games. 21 Jump Street for comedy too.

Aside from those I saw The Grey, Contraband, Safehouse, and MIB III. Pretty much all I feel I've missed is Cabin In The Woods (which I will watch soon) and Safe, which I'll probably watch on DVD release. I can't help but think these are all better movies than Battleship, imo.

Snowwhite And The Huntsman caught my eye, mostly for having stunning visual effects and costumes, but it's been getting panned pretty hard by critics for the director's... n00biness behind the lense in a feature. Which makes sense, given his commercial background. But I want to see for myself. I'm not exactly the Michaelangelo of film direction, so I doubt I'll even notice the direction flaws unless they're really bad. Unfortunately, it sounds like they are.
                                          Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:03 AM by firelizard

June 10, 2012, 04:25 PM #21

Ralliart Guy Offline

Since the Tavern United Show N Shine is Cancelled tonight figured maybe we could get some people to go to the Movies.  I will be heading to Silver City St.Vital with possibly a few other people just need to confirm show times. I am leaning towards Prometheus the Aliens prequel.  Most likely the 7:40 3D showing.

Cancell the above, My wife just got in from the States and is burnt out and just wants to stay home so willing be seeing the movie the first showing next Sunday instead.
                                            Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:48 PM by Ralliart Guy

June 12, 2012, 05:45 PM #22

Rush Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 AUDI S4
                                              • Reputation Power: 18
                                              • Rush has no influence.
                                              Prometheus is awesome! I was blown away by the special effects. Watch it in 3D!
                                              '04 Audi B6 S4   -   '94 BMW E34 530i Touring

June 12, 2012, 05:48 PM #23

Shaun Offline

Guess I'm gonna have to go see it now...

June 12, 2012, 11:37 PM #24

Josia Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2008 VW GTI
                                                  • Reputation Power: 34
                                                  • Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.
                                                  I saw the non 3D version and it was still amazing.
                                                  [Feb 22 17:00:55] Shaun:i hate chatbox

Top Tier Imports

Official Movie Discussion Thread!
                                                    « Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 11:37 PM »