Author Topic: Official Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 6173 times)

February 09, 2014, 09:40 PM #50

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
Originally posted by ///M fan
Wolf of wall street was awesome. Definitely one of my favorites for this year
Agreed.

I started watching it with my Mom last weekend, turned it off within 3 minutes because there was no way I was going to watch that with her :lol:..

Ended up watching it at my dads place, I can safely say 10/10 would watch again.
(∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

Top Tier Imports

Official Movie Discussion Thread!
    « Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 09:40 PM »

February 09, 2014, 10:01 PM #51

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
    • Reputation Power: 246
    • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
    I watched Monuments Men last night. It was pretty good but lacked action.
    2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
    2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

February 09, 2014, 10:16 PM #52

Vince Offline

• Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by Igor
      I watched Monuments Men last night. It was pretty good but lacked action.
      You act surprised..

It's a story about dudes retrieving pieces of art :P

February 09, 2014, 11:39 PM #53

Igor Offline

• Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by Vince
        You act surprised..

It's a story about dudes retrieving pieces of art :P

It was a good movie. Quite a few funny bits. Just could have used a bit more. Definitely worth seeing though.

February 10, 2014, 10:02 AM #54

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
          • Reputation Power: 13
          • sm1ke has no influence.
          Wow forgot all about this thread.

Ride Along - Great comedy, especially if you enjoy Kevin Hart as a comedian. Ice Cube is Ice Cube, lol.

I, Frankenstein - Decent movie with decent fight scenes and special effects. Story-wise it was meh, but I would watch the sequel if it every gets produced.

That Awkward Moment - Yes I watched this, and yes my GF made me. I'm kinda glad she did though, its a rom com that's more for the dudes. The GF even said so haha. Very funny movie, great for a date night.

EDIT: Oh and also Lone Survivor - Awesome movie. One of my favorite war/military movies now. Axe is a badass.

February 10, 2014, 02:07 PM #55

Vince Offline

I <3 rom coms.

I want to see "That Awkward Moment" but I don't have girls that I'd actually want to take to a movie :lol:

February 10, 2014, 02:59 PM #56

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
              • Reputation Power: 13
              • sm1ke has no influence.
              What's wrong with the girls you know?

There were actually quite a few dudes there with their buddies.

February 10, 2014, 07:31 PM #57

Vince Offline

Originally posted by sm1ke
                What's wrong with the girls you know?

There were actually quite a few dudes there with their buddies.
                They have boyfriends, or they piss me off or they're not worth my time..the one girl I'd actually take hates going to movies.. She's only been to like 3 movies in the last couple years.

November 16, 2014, 09:57 AM #58

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                  • Reputation Power: 370
                  • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                  Who else has seen Interstellar? What were your thoughts?

November 16, 2014, 10:14 AM #59

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
                    • Reputation Power: 217
                    • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                    Originally posted by Shaun
                    Who else has seen Interstellar? What were your thoughts?

I've seen interstellar, and I thought it was done extremely well. A three hour movie usually has some dull spots, however, this was not the case with Interstellar. Without going into too much detail to try and avoid spoilers, I will say that from a science perspective the movie made sense. There wasn't really a point where I thought they it was completely unrealistic.

My only gripe with the movie was that at some points I found the music to overpower some of the dialogue and as such you were unable to hear what they were saying. It's something small that I can look past as the rest of the movie was amazing.
                    [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                    [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                    [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

November 16, 2014, 11:06 AM #60

Shaun Offline

• Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                      @Nirusan

Incredible movie for sure. I'm not a movie buff by any means (don't even remember the last time I went to the theater), but sci-fi is one of my favorite movie genres and this did not disappoint. The visuals were amazing and the soundtrack by the genius Hans Zimmer was solid. Leaving the movie I said I don't think I could watch it again (I'm one to only watch a movie once, especially one of this length) but after reading a ton of threads I feel like I have to go back and experience it again.

SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT BELOW>>>
                      The scene where Cooper enters the black hole was definitely my favorite. When he finally slows down at first I was like "what in the hell is this". Then when I finally made out it was a view from behind the bookshelf, everything clicked and my mind was blown. I don't think I've experienced a feeling like that in a movie before.

I read about people complaining about the sound mixing, but honestly didn't even notice it myself. I did find in an article/interview however that Nolan did this intentionally. The only dialogue I didn't understand was when Brand was talking to Murph just before he died, I maybe caught 5 words of what he said. I dunno if it was intentional, his accent, or if I was deaf for a moment. But in future scenes with Murph as able to realize what he said.
                      <<<

This movie kind of reminded me of Moon, if you haven't seen that and enjoyed Interstellar, I'd definitely recommend it.

November 16, 2014, 12:03 PM #61

Nirusan Offline

• Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                        Leaving the movie I said I don't think I could watch it again (I'm one to only watch a movie once, especially one of this length) but after reading a ton of threads I feel like I have to go back and experience it again.

This x1000. I too originally thought it was one of those movies which you can only watch once, however, the more I look back and read about the movie, the more I want to watch it again.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend you go out and watch it, you won't be disappointed.
                        [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.

November 16, 2014, 01:35 PM #62

Meboosta Offline

• Vehicle: WRX
                          • Reputation Power: 10
                          • Meboosta has no influence.
                          Any one have an Idea or a guess on what the new Star Wars movie will be based on?

November 16, 2014, 03:43 PM #63

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
                            • Reputation Power: 131
                            • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
                            Originally posted by Meboosta
                            Any one have an Idea or a guess on what the new Star Wars movie will be based on?
                            The Force. Boom.
                            #keepingitstock

November 16, 2014, 04:52 PM #64

Josia Offline

• Vehicle: 08 STI, 08 GTI, 99 Civic Type R
                              • Reputation Power: 34
                              • Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.
                              I haven't gone to see Interstellar yet but I was planning on it. Good to hear that people enjoyed it.
                              [Feb 22 17:00:55] Shaun:i hate chatbox

November 25, 2014, 12:34 PM #65

Shaun Offline

Watched Interstellar again and was just as enjoyable as the first time.

Also, innnnn

July 22, 2015, 11:50 AM #66

Nirusan Offline

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

July 22, 2015, 11:57 AM #67

Shaun Offline

July 22, 2015, 12:11 PM #68

Nismoline Offline

• Vehicle: R32 GTR
                                    • Reputation Power: 108
                                    • Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
                                    @Nismoline @ 1:58?
                                    Haha dam you found me
                                    Jdm parking fo life!
                                    #driven2016

December 01, 2015, 08:19 PM #69

Nirusan Offline

Take this with a grain of salt:

Fuaaak can't wait for the movie to come out.
                                      Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:22 PM by Nirusan

December 02, 2015, 10:46 AM #70

pjcarey Offline

Location: 1066 Nairn Ave. Winnipeg, MB
                                        • Vehicle: 1983 toyota supra gts 2009 Kia rio5
                                        • Reputation Power: 55
                                        • pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.
                                        heard this theory before and it changed the entire perspective on the first 3 movies. that being said I cant wait for the new one! already got my tickets!
                                        [Feb 23 16:03:56] Dan:gotta laugh it off, can't take shiz seriously

Link to my supra album all photos taken and edited by Colby Spence (@BD5)  https://www.flickr.com/photos/colbyspence/sets/72157647259073436/

December 02, 2015, 02:39 PM #71

Igor Offline

Heck ya! Jar jar binks is the greatest star wars character of all time

December 11, 2015, 09:45 AM #72

Nirusan Offline

December 12, 2015, 07:54 PM #73

SpeedPls Offline

• Vehicle: BCNR33 V-Spec
                                              • Reputation Power: 69
                                              • SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!SpeedPls is a rising star!
                                              Originally posted by Nirusan
                                              /
                                              Usually like "superhero" action movies but this honestly doesn't look good to me
                                              My Flickr

1995 Skyline GTR V-Spec
                                              1991 Skyline GTR - sold
                                              1995 Skyline GTR - sold

December 13, 2015, 04:39 PM #74

Nirusan Offline

Top Tier Imports

Official Movie Discussion Thread!
                                                  « Reply #74 on: December 13, 2015, 04:39 PM »