Author Topic: Cheapest product for cleaning carpet in car  (Read 1991 times)

April 04, 2014, 12:29 PM #0

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
So I'm handing over the civic to my folks in a month or so.. and I have to clean it. Hasn't been vacummed in a very very long time. There's no major deep stains but there are some. What's the cheapest product to use to clean it with? I'm obiviously going to be vacumming it first then would like to use something to get rid of mud stains?

Cheaper the better please.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

Top Tier Imports

Cheapest product for cleaning carpet in car
    « on: April 04, 2014, 12:29 PM »

April 04, 2014, 12:35 PM #1

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
    • Reputation Power: 48
    • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
    Never tried this myself but I have heard diluted vinigar solution works. About 4:1 with water I think.
    build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

April 04, 2014, 01:45 PM #2

jrkoff Offline

• Reputation Power: 8
      • jrkoff has no influence.
      i used that foam that has the built in brush in an aerosol can...   worked quite well...

however... had to do the rest of the carpets due to being "too clean"

April 04, 2014, 01:52 PM #3

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
        • Reputation Power: 357
        • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
        Originally posted by Stefan
        Never tried this myself but I have heard diluted vinigar solution works. About 4:1 with water I think.
        I've done this, also boiling water to get out salt stains.

April 04, 2014, 02:16 PM #4

Ænimal Offline

• Vehicle: Miater, so many bikes
          • Reputation Power: 76
          • Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.
          I've rented a rug doctor before and just gone to town on a whole interior in the summer
          [Aug 01 15:48:26] dolan:Guys i really dont care, im still young enough to learn from all my mistakes.

April 04, 2014, 02:38 PM #5

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
            • Reputation Power: 186
            • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by Šnimal
            I've rented a rug doctor before and just gone to town on a whole interior in the summer
            Funny, that's how I spent Country Fest.

April 04, 2014, 03:10 PM #6

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
              • Reputation Power: 80
              • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
              i used a mixture of mr. clean and water on my trunk liner when my buddy spilled iced tea in my trunk and didn't say anything... took the smell out and cleaned up pretty good. mixed with hot tap water and a stiff brush.
              [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
              95 GTR- SOLD
              03 RSX-S - SOLD
              08 G6- wrekt
              10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

April 04, 2014, 11:49 PM #7

Faken Offline

• Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                I'm going to try that vinegar trick.

Ken

April 05, 2014, 05:01 AM #8

Dan

For the most part, the cans with the end on it tend to have a solution that will just spread around the mess.  When i had my old car, I tried using those, but it never got the stains even close to "out".  My end result was ripping out the seats, removing the console, and removing the entire carpet & cleaning it with a power washer, elbow grease, and some Oxy clean.

depending on how much time/elbow grease you want to put into this... We all know you don't like spending money :P

April 19, 2014, 03:24 PM #9

sunshine Offline

• Reputation Power: 16
                    • sunshine has no influence.
                    What about the cheapest carpet cleaner you can find and a brush.

March 15, 2015, 08:54 AM #10

Faken Offline

bump, was going to post another thread up for this.. seems like I'm going to be using the vinegar method again hehe.

Ken

March 15, 2015, 09:14 AM #11

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
                        • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.
                        Originally posted by BigFakenHead
                        bump, was going to post another thread up for this.. seems like I'm going to be using the vinegar method again hehe.

Wait for install day, I'll bring our carpet shampoo vacuum and you can use it for 5 bucks.
                        Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:16 AM by Miguel
                        #DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

March 15, 2015, 04:14 PM #12

Faken Offline

hmm $1?

Ken

March 15, 2015, 04:35 PM #13

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                            • Reputation Power: 98
                            • firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
                            Originally posted by Miguel
                            Wait for install day, I'll bring our carpet shampoo vacuum and you can use it for 5 bucks.

Might be too expensive for Ken, but if I can get my Acura safetied in time, I will definitely take you up on that. Previous owner spilled coffee or something all over the place.

March 15, 2015, 05:28 PM #14

Miguel Offline

• Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.
                              Originally posted by firelizard
                              Might be too expensive for Ken, but if I can get my Acura safetied in time, I will definitely take you up on that. Previous owner spilled coffee or something all over the place.
                              Alright sounds good!

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

March 16, 2015, 09:06 AM #15

Dan

Originally posted by Miguel
                                If you're serious about this, id like to borrow it to do my car.   could use a solid cleaning.    Will shoot you some coin for the stuff needed!

March 16, 2015, 09:07 AM #16

Miguel Offline

Originally posted by Dan
                                  If you're serious about this, id like to borrow it to do my car.   could use a solid cleaning.    Will shoot you some coin for the stuff needed!
                                  We'll do your car at install day!

March 16, 2015, 11:27 PM #17

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                    • Reputation Power: 163
                                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                    I've used Simoniz carpet cleaner spray on my car. Its worked for salt stains and such, just don't use the crappy brush that it comes with.. It did a number on a spot of my carpet.

I think it was under $10

(∩ ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

March 17, 2015, 10:07 PM #18

99blackSE Offline

• Vehicle: Two wheels, wrecked wheels, four wheels.
                                      • Reputation Power: 16
                                      • 99blackSE has no influence.
                                      APC, a brush, and some white terry towels...
                                      2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
                                      2001 Silverado Z71 - workhorse
                                      2011 CBR 250RA

Top Tier Imports

Cheapest product for cleaning carpet in car
                                        « Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 10:07 PM »