Author Topic: Villain Motorsport  (Read 8786 times)

April 14, 2014, 10:18 AM #25

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • sm1ke has no influence.
These look great Igor, +1 for Villain. I know where I'm taking my wheels when I get them redone.

Top Tier Imports

Villain Motorsport
    « Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18 AM »

April 14, 2014, 11:42 AM #26

projectk20 Offline

• Vehicle: 2005 Acura Rsx Type S
    • Reputation Power: 1
    • projectk20 has no influence.
    Damn, looks good! So cheap too! I paid a ton more @ Winnipeg wheel works.

"Ted, kiss my shoes"
    "Ted, kiss my shoes"

April 14, 2014, 12:15 PM #27

ZAKU Offline

• Reputation Power: 28
      • ZAKU barely matters.ZAKU barely matters.
      Originally posted by Igor
      I only looked for black. I searched up "black aluminum valve stem" on ebay. I assume you can find other colours as well though.

I would suggest paying the extra for a set of 949 Racing valve stems, they are a much nicer design.
      I consider every deleted post a small victory.

April 14, 2014, 12:25 PM #28

venzon Offline

• Vehicle: leggy & saabaru
        • Reputation Power: 3
        • venzon has no influence.
        Wow might have to check these guys out. looks good!

April 14, 2014, 12:31 PM #29

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
          • Reputation Power: 246
          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by ZAKU
          I would suggest paying the extra for a set of 949 Racing valve stems, they are a much nicer design.

They look extremely similar. Im happy with the ones i got.
          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

May 04, 2014, 09:54 PM #30

TonyPajamaz Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Audi A4, 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata
            • Reputation Power: 78
            • TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.TonyPajamaz has a powerful will.
            I got my wheels back from Paul just over a week ago.

Paul was super accommodating as I was only able to drop off and pick up after his business hours. He is very personable and was super quick to respond to all of my questions. I picked my colour when I dropped the wheels off and total turn around time was 2.5 weeks.

I was very impressed when I picked up the wheels! The finish and quality were great and his pricing is very fair; $300 for sandblasting and a 2 stage finish.

It's difficult to capture how good the purple looks in pictures, but these are the best I manged to get with my phone:

Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:18 AM by TonyPajamaz
            [Jan 01 21:16:06] Faken:most steady hand/10

[Sep 23 14:27:56] Faken:i was focusing on dan's bum

May 04, 2014, 11:43 PM #31

Adomp Offline

• Vehicle: BMW E36
              • Reputation Power: 31
              • Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.
              $300 for that tony? are you ****ting me? thats crazy!

I might even get my style 5s centers sprayed if it's that cheap!
              [May 03 15:40:09] Uncle Hugh Myron:when 10 asians come at me with weapons i just get on my knees and start sucking their dicks

[Dec 10 16:08:15] Shaun:if u put adom in a cold tub it turns into a hot tub

[Dec 18 12:21:50] Nirusan:ya right
              [Dec 18 12:21:49] Nirusan:lmao adomp coming to a tti  event

May 05, 2014, 08:54 AM #32

sm1ke Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 GSE25
                • Reputation Power: 13
                • sm1ke has no influence.
                You should Adom! That's looks like fantastic work for the price.

Those should look real nice on the car Tony.
                *Edit: Just saw them mounted, they do look good!
                Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:56 AM by sm1ke

May 20, 2015, 12:31 PM #33

Nouri Offline

• Vehicle: :'(
                  • Reputation Power: 36
                  • Nouri is working their way up.Nouri is working their way up.Nouri is working their way up.
                  I recently acquired a motorcycle to put together. A lot of it needs to be blasted and powder coated (rims, frame, misc. parts, etc.) I was referred to Villain for powder coating. So thought I'd try him out by dropping off one of my rims to get blasted and powder coated. He runs this business out what seems to be his house. He has a big shop in the back which he shares with his dad I believe.

Anyway I called him up and explained what I needed and asked him when can I drop it off. He said "I'll be in and out of the shop all day. Pass by whenever." I pass by later that evening, and drop off seem my rim. I chatted with him a bit and explained what I needed. Seemed like a nice laid back guy. The following week he calls me up to pick up the wheel and I arrange a time to pick up the wheel. I remember we said something around 5:00 for example as he won't be around after. A bunch of stuff came up for me and I was running late. I tried calling him several times to apologize for being late and asking if I could still pass by. This was around 6 I believe. He didn't pick up. I was in the area so thought I'll stop by anyway and check if he's around. He wasn't but his dad was there. I apologized for being late and asked his dad if I can pick up my rim through him. Seemed completely okay with. He said he'll get me my rim and I can deal with him. He called his son to make sure that I'm paying the amount we agreed on and that I'm picking up the correct part. I got my rim. Looked not bad/10. It was just a basic semi-gloss black coating.

A couple of weeks go by.... This morning I call him up to arrange to drop off several items including my frame.

Phone conversation goes like this:
                  Me: "Hey how's it going?"
                  Him: "Good"
                  Me: "I have some more stuff to get done... when is a good time for me to drop them off?"
                  Him and I quote: "You know what.. you were late last time... take your stuff elsewhere... f**k you.." and hangs up.
                  Me: ????????????????????????????

Maybe he was having a bad day or something but that was totally uncalled for. I'm generally nice, personable and understand the basics of dealing with people :mo::mo::mo:. I don't understand where that came from.

I was reluctant to post this up as I try to avoid affecting the livelihood of others in a negative way but that really pissed me off. I don't care how cheap his prices are or how good his powder coating is. I'll gladly take my stuff elsewhere than have to deal with someone like that.
                  Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:02 PM by Nouri
                  [Jan 02 18:19:29] Matthew:girls swap out their uggs and run conti's
                  [Jan 02 18:18:54] Matthew:like u of m when u walk thru the halls mo
                  [Jan 02 18:18:37] Nouri:I think it would have to be really pouring with puddles everywhere to really make a difference

May 20, 2015, 12:36 PM #34

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                    • Reputation Power: 87
                    • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                    wow that seems really out of character for him. hes always been real nice every time ive talked to him on the phone or in person. even the time i called and told him id be late due to work he left my part with his wife since he had to run out and told me i could get it from her. im still shocked that happened to you.
                    Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:38 PM by tytanium
                    former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

May 20, 2015, 04:44 PM #35

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
                      • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
                      Seems like a misunderstanding to me. Should maybe try talk to him. Really down to earth guy from my experiences.
                      Bought, not Built.

May 20, 2015, 05:01 PM #36

Nouri Offline

• Vehicle: :'(
                        • Reputation Power: 36
                        • Nouri is working their way up.Nouri is working their way up.Nouri is working their way up.
                        Originally posted by fruitloops
                        Seems like a misunderstanding to me. Should maybe try talk to him. Really down to earth guy from my experiences.

I've tried calling him back after he hung up to try and clear the air. He rejected the call.
                        [Jan 02 18:19:29] Matthew:girls swap out their uggs and run conti's
                        [Jan 02 18:18:54] Matthew:like u of m when u walk thru the halls mo
                        [Jan 02 18:18:37] Nouri:I think it would have to be really pouring with puddles everywhere to really make a difference

May 20, 2015, 05:06 PM #37

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
                          • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
                          Originally posted by Nouri
                          I've tried calling him back after he hung up to try and clear the air. He rejected the call.
                          I respect that. He's just being a dick then. ****ty that you've had this experience, this is the first actual bad experience I've heard.
                          Bought, not Built.

September 10, 2015, 12:51 PM #38

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                            • Reputation Power: 108
                            • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                            I got my Lexus wheels done by Paul earlier this year. Setting it up was no issue, we worked out times to drop off and pickup. He did need the full estimated time, but I understand that he's limited by the sandblaster he sublets to.
                            I chose a single stage silver to approximate the OEM finish.
                            The finish is OK, considering the condition of the wheels. I didn't expect the more severe pitting, or curb marks to be filled in. Unfortunately there were also a lot of dust nibs and crud in the finish. So I would think twice about getting the prep work done there. Paul did say he'd sand them down and do another coat, so I'm happy about that, and will bring the wheels back once I have my winter stuff on. Aside from that though, the finish is really dull. I don't know if that is the application or the type of powder though. Next time, I will request a mirror clear coat, to be sure.

His prices are really hard to beat, and since I had no problems dealing with Paul, I would definitely bring some things to him again, and risk a less than perfect finish. At that price, it's hard to complain too much.
                            Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:53 PM by firelizard

January 07, 2016, 09:27 AM #39

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                              • Reputation Power: 42
                              • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                              I had Paul powder coat a couple brackets, and 2 battery tie down bars in semi gloss black.  Turned out nice, was able to pick them up the next day after work, and the price was right.  I'll use him again.
                              '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                              '99 MB E55t AMG - DD - FOR SALE!
                              '04 Lexus GX470

January 08, 2016, 04:42 PM #40

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
                                • Reputation Power: 43
                                • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
                                Anyone know how big his oven is? Could he do an solid rear or a subframe?
                                D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
                                04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
                                Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
                                http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

January 08, 2016, 06:30 PM #41

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                                  • Reputation Power: 42
                                  • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                                  It was roughly 3' cubed, he can do motorbike frames and stuff like that.  Rear axle might be too long, but I would thing a subframe would work.
                                  '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                  '99 MB E55t AMG - DD - FOR SALE!
                                  '04 Lexus GX470

January 09, 2016, 12:01 AM #42

99blackSE Offline

• Vehicle: Two wheels, wrecked wheels, four wheels.
                                    • Reputation Power: 16
                                    • 99blackSE has no influence.
                                    Seems like it's either him or Jay for powder coating these days. I had a front rim for my SV1K done a while back by Jay and was pretty happy with it.  Might try Villain next time though to compare.
                                    2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
                                    2001 Silverado Z71 - workhorse
                                    2011 CBR 250RA

January 09, 2016, 12:17 AM #43

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 65
                                      • benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
                                      Originally posted by 99blackSE
                                      Seems like it's either him or Jay for powder coating these days. I had a front rim for my SV1K done a while back by Jay and was pretty happy with it.  Might try Villain next time though to compare.
                                      Envirotech out of Winkler/Morden does great work at similar price point to Villian as well
                                      '91 240sx Hatch
                                      '93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
                                      '50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
                                      '04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
                                      '95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

January 09, 2016, 12:40 AM #44

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                        • Reputation Power: 246
                                        • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                        There is also Leland at ION coatings out of Brandon.
                                        2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                        2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

January 09, 2016, 12:55 AM #45

firelizard Offline

• firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                                          And Valley Power Coating. I have not inquired about anything with them. They do offer small-jobs, but are set up for large scale stuff, they are a true commercial outfit like Envirotech. Ultimate Wheel Works has also offered powder coating for a while now.

This thread is about Villain though.
                                          I actually just arranged to bring him my wheels again. Will be going back with my chassis parts as well, if they come out nice.

January 09, 2016, 04:30 PM #46

benz88 Offline

• benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
                                            When are you going Ty? I should grab my wheels from you and get the tires taken off lol.
                                            '91 240sx Hatch

January 09, 2016, 06:51 PM #47

firelizard Offline

Originally posted by benz88
                                              When are you going Ty? I should grab my wheels from you and get the tires taken off lol.

Monday

February 06, 2016, 02:46 PM #48

Juan Offline

• Vehicle: FRS
                                                • Reputation Power: 26
                                                • Juan barely matters.Juan barely matters.
                                                I just had my wheels powder coated by Villain. The supplier sent him the wrong color the first time but he still managed to get them done in about two weeks. Even though there are some imperfections, overall it is a great 2 stage finish for $300. I would definetely recommend Villain and will be going there again. Its really hard to capture the finish in the pictures but here they are:
                                                FAHRVERGNÜGEN

February 22, 2016, 11:00 AM #49

benz88 Offline

Just dropped my wheels off, he said 2-3 weeks, Ill update with pics once I get them back
                                                  '91 240sx Hatch

Top Tier Imports

Villain Motorsport
                                                    « Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 11:00 AM »