Author Topic: Car Photography Thread  (Read 69012 times)

June 21, 2014, 02:29 AM #50

david Offline

• Vehicle: 1984 BMW 318i, 1995 Eagle Talon TSI
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • david has no influence.
ABC_3258 by davidaus27, on Flickr
ABC_3344 by davidaus27, on Flickr

Top Tier Imports

Car Photography Thread
    « Reply #50 on: June 21, 2014, 02:29 AM »

June 21, 2014, 11:03 AM #51

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
    • Reputation Power: 205
    • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
    Solid Shots!! That first one is pretty much perfect
    Originally posted by Madbuzz41
    I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

June 23, 2014, 01:43 PM #52

david Offline

June 23, 2014, 02:38 PM #53

Ahi Offline

• Vehicle: 99 civic sir
        • Reputation Power: 19
        • Ahi has no influence.
        Originally posted by david
        Zachs Civic by David Austria, on Flickr
        Zachs Civic by David Austria, on Flickr
        Always loved zachs car

June 24, 2014, 11:51 AM #54

Zantar the Mighty Offline

• Vehicle: Z32
          • Reputation Power: 4
          • Zantar the Mighty has no influence.
          My 300ZX on the way to Half Moon

June 24, 2014, 11:58 AM #55

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
            • Reputation Power: 82
            • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
            ^

June 26, 2014, 02:15 AM #56

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
              • Reputation Power: 125
              • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
              _NKN0005-Edit by colby.spence, on Flickr
              _NKN0996-Edit by colby.spence, on Flickr
              _NKN0014-2 by colby.spence, on Flickr
              _NKN0020 by colby.spence, on Flickr

Added the Gauges, Nardi wheel, NRG hub and QR and crappy job on my dipped grill(may redo it), and polished the car, still got a micro glaze and wax to do tomorrow :)
              Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:28 AM by Bd5
              '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
              '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
              IG: colby_spence
              Snap: cspence47

June 26, 2014, 05:51 PM #57

• slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
                Had some fun taking photos for Cody.  Cody, if you read this, I have a whole set ready for you.  I'll put it on disc.

June 26, 2014, 06:02 PM #58

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                  • Reputation Power: 141
                  • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                  hnng last pic! pro tip, take temp off.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                  All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

June 26, 2014, 06:03 PM #59

Some I'm currently editing for Chris (robot)

Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:12 PM by slipstreamconversion

June 26, 2014, 06:03 PM #60

Thanks Ken :)

June 26, 2014, 09:00 PM #61

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                        • Reputation Power: 370
                        • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                        Originally posted by slipstreamconversion

This angle is just WTF, not sure what's going on.

If you're gonna tilt the camera, really tilt it. In this case you're better off straightening it!

Other than that, the rest look awesome Darcy. One more thing, the one with the black border top and bottom, you need some movie style toning to pull that off.

June 26, 2014, 09:36 PM #62

jordisonjr Offline

• jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                          One thing to ad, not trying to hate or anything, just my opinion, but I would stay away from re using locations that have been previously shot, especially the same angle/shot as someone else.

I know its hard to to keep track of what's been done, and maybe just a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure the second last legacy shot is exact same shot location and angle as Eddie's GTR. Again, nothing against you, just what i noticed, but perhaps that's just the snowboard side of me. (usually you don't hit a same spot unless you can outdo the trick that was previously done)

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

June 26, 2014, 10:13 PM #63

Originally posted by Shaun
                            This angle is just WTF, not sure what's going on.If you're gonna tilt the camera, really tilt it. In this case you're better off straightening it!

Other than that, the rest look awesome Darcy. One more thing, the one with the black border top and bottom, you need some movie style toning to pull that off.
                            I don't like tilts as much but decided to try it anyways.  I get what you mean though, hence why I had a different straightened shot ready to go :)

As for the angle of the Lancer, that was the brightest picture to choose from.  It seems my LCD screen on my camera lies to me as to what it bright enough, because when uploaded and ready to start editing the rest came out super super dark.  Enough where post processing would have brought out a lot of grain.

Call it salvaging if you will, although I don't normally resort to it, I didn't mind the photo and figured I'd give it a whirl!

Definitely something to think about for the borders one.  The main reason for those was to not have the TTI watermark on top of the vehicle.  I don't usually play with borders like that, so maybe that is a noob mistake ;)

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                            One thing to ad, not trying to hate or anything, just my opinion, but I would stay away from re using locations that have been previously shot, especially the same angle/shot as someone else.

I know its hard to to keep track of what's been done, and maybe just a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure the second last legacy shot is exact same shot location and angle as Eddie's GTR. Again, nothing against you, just what i noticed, but perhaps that's just the snowboard side of me. (usually you don't hit a same spot unless you can outdo the trick that was previously done)

Winnipeg is a small city.  If that's the case, then that's a problem.  In my view all locations will have a different spin when a different photographer puts their personal twist on it.

That said I was unaware that the same location and angle was used as I've never seen that photo.  And if I did, I don't think that would have stopped me.  I unsaturated the background and emphasised his color and the vehicle is different.  Again, a different spin unless the same thing was done.

The best photos come from somewhere that draws inspiration upon seeing it.  And when we were driving by (never meant to stop there) I looked over and had that feeling.  If someone else used it beforehand, that's great.  If someone after me uses any of my locations, then that's good too.  Not everyone has the same creativity and the photos will always have a personal twist.

I could see what you mean if the same photographer used the same locations for different cars though.  Just my two cents. :)

I do really appreciate the feedback.  Of course I always love pats on the back and whatnot but I equally love this kind of feedback because it only helps me grow in my photography.

Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:19 PM by slipstreamconversion

June 26, 2014, 10:59 PM #64

robot Offline

• Vehicle: JDM 98 Subaru Legacy GT-B (BH5)
                              • Reputation Power: 5
                              • robot has no influence.
                              Yay purple!!!!

June 27, 2014, 12:56 AM #65

COLE Offline

• Vehicle: 2015 Scion tC, 2002 Mazda Miata
                                • Reputation Power: 24
                                • COLE barely matters.COLE barely matters.
                                Wow great shots Darcy! Love the last one of Cody's

June 27, 2014, 06:27 AM #66

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
                                  • Reputation Power: 48
                                  • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
                                  In love with that purp legacy wagon!
                                  build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

June 27, 2014, 08:03 AM #67

jordisonjr Offline

Winnipeg is a small city.  If that's the case, then that's a problem.  In my view all locations will have a different spin when a different photographer puts their personal twist on it.

That said I was unaware that the same location and angle was used as I've never seen that photo.  And if I did, I don't think that would have stopped me.  I unsaturated the background and emphasised his color and the vehicle is different.  Again, a different spin unless the same thing was done.

The best photos come from somewhere that draws inspiration upon seeing it.  And when we were driving by (never meant to stop there) I looked over and had that feeling.  If someone else used it beforehand, that's great.  If someone after me uses any of my locations, then that's good too.  Not everyone has the same creativity and the photos will always have a personal twist.

I could see what you mean if the same photographer used the same locations for different cars though.  Just my two cents. :)

I do really appreciate the feedback.  Of course I always love pats on the back and whatnot but I equally love this kind of feedback because it only helps me grow in my photography.

I guess I forgot the part where I was thinking these shots are still sick haha. I only kinda tossed in some criticism, but the photos still look solid for sure.

June 27, 2014, 08:26 AM #68

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                      • Reputation Power: 370
                                      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                                      Hehe I think this is the one Colin is talking about

Toyota Supra by shaunjeroski, on Flickr

June 27, 2014, 08:29 AM #69

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                                        I guess I forgot the part where I was thinking these shots are still sick haha. I only kinda tossed in some criticism, but the photos still look solid for sure.

Nah man I got what you meant, I appreciated the input. :)  I didn't view it in a rude way or anything :P

*shauns picture*

Aaaaaaand that's a ridiculously nice photo.  Wow

June 27, 2014, 10:43 AM #70

Leightino Offline

• Vehicle: Integra
                                          • Reputation Power: 12
                                          • Leightino has no influence.
                                          Why not turn this thread into the "Alexander Ave Car Photography Thread"

Crusin not boozin 2014 3
                                          TTi "B" plate crew

June 27, 2014, 10:49 AM #71

kiraamzsy Offline

• Vehicle: 240Z
                                            • Reputation Power: 6
                                            • kiraamzsy has no influence.
                                            Originally posted by Bd5
                                            _NKN0005-Edit by colby.spence, on Flickr

Dat wheel.  :banana:

June 27, 2014, 12:15 PM #72

Faken Offline

Location: Autobacs Eesuemuyokohama
                                              • Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                                              • Reputation Power: 141
                                              • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                                              where on alexander is that?
                                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                                              All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

June 27, 2014, 12:36 PM #73

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                                • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                                                • Reputation Power: 198
                                                • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                                                Originally posted by Faken
                                                where on alexander is that?
                                                Around 1500? Watch out, deadly subs there.

July 01, 2014, 03:28 AM #74

david Offline

Haven't shot in a while because of the rain. Garage shots! Im aware the cars are dirty, It was raining.
                                                  ABC_4170 by davidaus27, on Flickr
                                                  ABC_4171 by davidaus27, on Flickr
                                                  ABC_4156 by davidaus27, on Flickr

Top Tier Imports

Car Photography Thread
                                                    « Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 03:28 AM »