Author Topic: Nissin Bnr32 Build  (Read 22429 times)

June 12, 2014, 08:23 PM #0

Nismoline Offline

• Vehicle: R32 GTR
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
Well its time to start a journal for my new car. Here's little back story to how this all happened. So recently i was planning to turbo swap my r32 gts-t and aim for 300whp. Turbo was bought and i was excited to continue on with my project. Some major things happened in my life and this got me thinking about my car.

I have always wanted a R32 Gtr and got to thinking why not change it up. I have so much going on that change can only be good. For the same cost of what i will be putting into my gts-t, I can sell my car and pick up a gtr and be at the same power roughly. My mind was set. BNR32 it is! I instantly started looking all over Canada for one but nothing grabbed my attention. After talking with friends I finally decided to import one. I contacted a couple different importers and decided to go with Brian from B-Pro Auto Imports. The search began. I would sit on the auction site for hours at a time looking through cars to see if there was anything I liked. After a couple weeks a white gtr with bronze lmgt4s popped up. The car was going up for auction on Feb 14/2014. Could this be the love of my life that i find on Valentines day? Well that day came and i was staying up late till i heard the news if we won the car or not. After waiting for hours i got a update. After a second inspection the car had a massive oil leak. NOOOOOO.... Guess it wasn't meant to be. Continue the search..

Fast forward about a week, i get a email from brian with a link to this.

Something about it just put a huge smile on my face. This was the one. After some negotiating, she was all mine. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep. After a couple weeks the car finally made it to Brian's shop in japan where it would get ready to be brought over.

They noticed some slight rust starting on the rear wheel wells and that there was rust starting under the n1 trunk lip. I told them to fix this as well replace the grill. Let the body work begin. In the meantime i already got the modding itch. First things first, I think she could use a nice set of wheels. After seeing a gunmetal gtr sitting on a set of wide ccw classics, I had to have them. I began to start searching everywhere for a set. I got to talking with another Gtrcanada member about his set that he was willing to sell. Couple weeks later and some bumps along the way I purchased them.

18x10.5 +30 ccw classics with 265/35 yokohama tires.

I will be running a 5mm spacer but depending how they sit, I might run a 15mm spacer. Time will tell.

Next I started reading about some nice small mods that can be done to the car.

I sourced out a Twin Turbo Divided Pipe and recently just picked up a Field torque splitter as well.
I also pieced together a full led conversion kit.

Other things that I am taking from my other build are:
Nardi Deep Corn wheel
Bride floor mats
Cusco Solid exhaust hangers

She's finally home!

Best decision I have ever made was jumping into a GTR. This thing pulls so hard, its nuts. It came with brand new winter tires so it doesn't grip that well. Some goodies that came on it were Apexi Intakes, Apexi exhaust, Tein coilovers and aftermarket tension rods, Oil filter relocation kit, Hks Turbo timer.

Also found out it has a nismo twin disc clutch.

Interior getting there. Have couple more things to install.

Cant get enough of this ass.

In the next couple days I will be rolling the fenders, getting the ccws on and doing couple small things to get the car ready for safety.
Jdm parking fo life!
#driven2016

Top Tier Imports

Nissin Bnr32 Build
    « on: June 12, 2014, 08:23 PM »

June 12, 2014, 08:30 PM #1

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 194
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

June 12, 2014, 08:34 PM #2

reyza Offline

• Vehicle: Honda HRV + Suzuki SV1000S
    • Reputation Power: 20
    • reyza barely matters.reyza barely matters.
    Beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person.
    Honda HRV
    Suzuki SV1000S

June 12, 2014, 08:48 PM #3

Nismoline Offline

• Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.Nismoline has an aura about them.
      Originally posted by themikewoo
      White is my favorite car colour :)

What does BNR stand for?
      Bnr is the chassis code so it stands for GTR.
      Jdm parking fo life!
      #driven2016

June 12, 2014, 08:48 PM #4

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
        • Reputation Power: 128
        • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
        wut iz nissin
        #keepingitstock

June 12, 2014, 10:57 PM #5

Rak123 Offline

• Reputation Power: 16
          • Rak123 has no influence.
          Congrats Travis, I really like the N1 bumper ducts and that oil filter relocation will be heaven for oil changes. Does it have an oil cooler also? And Apexi is the only way to go for intake filters, that's sweet it has those ones.  How intense is that clutch in everyday traffic? That's an awesome thing to already have done...you know she's good to put down 600WTQ with that clutch.   So big single??!? 😝
          White is my favorite car colour :)

What does BNR stand for?

B=2600CC (size of motor, goes up to 2999cc I believe)
          N=AWD
          R= chassis code
          Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:00 PM by Rak123
          Adrenaline is an addiction that can not be contained
          Owning a turbo'd car is a great way to prevent your jack stands from being stolen

June 13, 2014, 12:16 AM #6

Josia Offline

• Vehicle: 08 STI, 08 GTI, 99 Civic Type R
            • Reputation Power: 34
            • Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.
            Damn that's nice. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the wheels.
            [Feb 22 17:00:55] Shaun:i hate chatbox

June 13, 2014, 06:45 AM #7

Nismoline Offline

It pulls extremely hard. Was kinda wondering if it had different turbos. I plan to run n1 turbos for the time being then later on big single. For now just going to clean her up and do some maintenance.  Brakes will be done next week and I have two spots I need to paint. Couldnt be happier tho!
              Jdm parking fo life!
              #driven2016

June 13, 2014, 07:16 AM #8

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
                • Reputation Power: 95
                • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
                Dat ass <3

June 13, 2014, 07:34 AM #9

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                  • Reputation Power: 141
                  • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                  Congrats Travis! You deserve it! Do you still have the bride floor carpets?
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                  All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

June 13, 2014, 08:12 AM #10

robot Offline

• Vehicle: JDM 98 Subaru Legacy GT-B (BH5)
                    • Reputation Power: 5
                    • robot has no influence.
                    Congrats man #jdmTT4life

June 13, 2014, 09:26 AM #11

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                      • Reputation Power: 85
                      • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                      Originally posted by Faken
                      Congrats Travis! You deserve it! Do you still have the bride floor carpets?

Originally posted by Nismoline
                      Other things that I am taking from my other build are:
                      Nardi Deep Corn wheel
                      Bride floor mats
                      Cusco Solid exhaust hangers

congrats, looks pretty clean. probably alot more fun to drive then the gtst!

Originally posted by Winter Beater
                      If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

June 13, 2014, 01:15 PM #12

j.onathan Offline

• Vehicle: 06 Sierra CCSB, '89 240sx 7mgte swapped
                        • Reputation Power: 31
                        • j.onathan is working their way up.j.onathan is working their way up.j.onathan is working their way up.
                        Congrats on the car.  Cant wait to see some more mods and it sitting on the wheels you got.

June 15, 2014, 09:42 AM #13

Nismoline Offline

Well on friday oen of the valve stems broke on my stock wheels so the ccws went on. The roads have been wet the whole time since I have had tires that actually grip. Despite the rain I am very impressed with this awd system. Will post pictures soon of how they look. For now ill leave this here.
                          Jdm parking fo life!
                          #driven2016

June 15, 2014, 10:24 AM #14

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                            • Reputation Power: 173
                            • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                            Very nice..I look forward to seeing this progress.

If you ever need help with anything, lemme know and I'll come down, or you could use my garage if needed :hurr:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

(∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

June 15, 2014, 10:32 AM #15

Nismoline Offline

Originally posted by Vince
                              Very nice..I look forward to seeing this progress.

If you ever need help with anything, lemme know and I'll come down, or you could use my garage if needed :hurr:

Thanks bud. You may get a call like last time if I get screwed over by Canadian tire and have to walk to moray for parts....
                              Jdm parking fo life!
                              #driven2016

June 15, 2014, 11:03 AM #16

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                                • Reputation Power: 194
                                • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                                Shell gasoline eh. Does shell 91 contain ethanol?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

June 15, 2014, 11:32 AM #17

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
                                  • Reputation Power: 217
                                  • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                                  Shell gasoline eh. Does shell 91 contain ethanol?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nope! Only their mid and low-grade gas contain ethanol.

Can't wait to see how this build turns out!
                                  Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:37 AM by 4CEFED4
                                  [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                                  [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                                  [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

June 15, 2014, 11:52 AM #18

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                    • Reputation Power: 173
                                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                    Originally posted by Nismoline
                                    Thanks bud. You may get a call like last time if I get screwed over by Canadian tire and have to walk to moray for parts....
                                    Ha..

that was pretty funny.

(∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

June 15, 2014, 02:19 PM #19

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                      • Reputation Power: 370
                                      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                                      Travis is not lying when he says this thing pulls hard. Holy poop!

June 15, 2014, 07:36 PM #20

Nismoline Offline

Originally posted by Shaun
                                        Travis is not lying when he says this thing pulls hard. Holy poop!
                                        told ya man. Its nuts eh.
                                        Jdm parking fo life!
                                        #driven2016

June 16, 2014, 10:54 AM #21

Adomp Offline

• Vehicle: BMW E36
                                          • Reputation Power: 31
                                          • Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.
                                          saw this beaut at FNL dat beefy tire setup makes me wet.

Congrats travis!
                                          [May 03 15:40:09] Uncle Hugh Myron:when 10 asians come at me with weapons i just get on my knees and start sucking their dicks

[Dec 10 16:08:15] Shaun:if u put adom in a cold tub it turns into a hot tub

[Dec 18 12:21:50] Nirusan:ya right
                                          [Dec 18 12:21:49] Nirusan:lmao adomp coming to a tti  event

June 16, 2014, 05:33 PM #22

Nismoline Offline

Originally posted by E36
                                            saw this beaut at FNL dat beefy tire setup makes me wet.

Congrats travis!
                                            Thanks man
                                            Jdm parking fo life!
                                            #driven2016

June 16, 2014, 08:32 PM #23

kirbssssss Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Subaru WRX
                                              • Reputation Power: 9
                                              • kirbssssss has no influence.
                                              so sexy.

the GTR is nice too.
                                              What do you want?!

Take a seat.

June 22, 2014, 08:36 AM #24

Nismoline Offline

Well some bad news. This build has turned to the worst. Late friday night I was on my way home on the highway, did a 4th gear pull and all of a sudden i hear a pop and the car started to run terrible. I pulled over to find my dipstick pushed out all the way along with my engine bay covered in oil and all down the side of the car. My first thought was blown turbo. Saturday morning I went back to the car, put some oil in it and started it up. It ran so bad and was pouring smoke. I right away thought this had to be worse then the turbo.

Finally after towing the car back to my shop, I ripped out the plugs and found that cylinder 6 was full of oil. Started to scope around and saw a small hole in the top of the piston. My worst fear just came true. So next I did a compression test and it had a whopping 0 psi. I couldnt believe this was happening. So the nest step is to start pulling the head off and see if the ring broke and how much of a rebuild i will need to do.

Really bummed that this had to happen but that's the chances that we take with modded cars and running too much boost.
                                                Jdm parking fo life!
                                                #driven2016

Top Tier Imports

Nissin Bnr32 Build
                                                  « Reply #24 on: June 22, 2014, 08:36 AM »