Author Topic: COB LED technology  (Read 473 times)

July 01, 2014, 12:35 PM #0

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Bmoney has no influence.
Anybody seen this yet?  Looks very promising.  Tolerant to temperature and voltage variation - perfect for the car.  Starting to see heavy duty floodlamps, streetlights, etc made with this.  I've just ordered a worklight for the shop using a chip-bank, which advertises the same battery life as my Mac LED floodlamp, but is smaller, and goes up from 190 lumens to 250 lumens output. 

Top Tier Imports

COB LED technology
    « on: July 01, 2014, 12:35 PM »

July 07, 2014, 09:44 AM #1

Scorp Offline

• Vehicle: '10 Gencoupe
    • Reputation Power: 12
    • Scorp has no influence.
    For a minute I thought this was COBB LEDs and I was preparing for the Subawoo Squad to go nuts over a new accessory.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive.

July 07, 2014, 09:04 PM #2

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
      • Bmoney has no influence.
      sorry Subi guys - nothing Cobb here.  I did get the light charged and did a full A/B comparison between it and my trusty MAC led floodlight.  Both cordless, both similar size.  No question the COB light is brighter - tested in a few places we'd normally use (in trunks, under seats, etc).  The new technology is undoubtedly brighter.  The light is pure white, and seems to spread about as wide as the MAC flood does.  I give it an A+ rating.

I'll report what battery life turns out to be - but with a LI-ION battery and an advertised 8 hours of continuous runtime on high setting, it should outlast me in the bay.

Top Tier Imports

COB LED technology
        « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04 PM »