Author Topic: One day audio seminar coming soon - VERY soon...  (Read 579 times)

August 22, 2014, 01:24 AM #0

grdpndr Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Montana ;)
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • grdpndr has no influence.
I'm in the process of putting together a one day seminar that will be held at one of the public libraries here in Winnipeg.  It will probably be 6-8 hours that will cover box design, acoustic theory, electrical theory, and a few other things.  A short break will take place between sessions.  I'm in talks with a few people who are staples in the industry that have over 70 years of experience between the three of them to be doing the instruction.  Seating will be limited, and there is no cost for attending.  Yes, some of it will be dry and seemingly boring, BUT is crucial to understanding HOW to get the most out of your equipment and vehicle. 

Hopefully, it will be happening within the next 2 weeks.  I will be updating the FB page before here, so all those that wish to attend will need to sign up on there.  If you are not on FB, then send me an email, pls. 

While we are gearing it at the 16 to 18 year old crowd, those who are older then that can still attend.  Exact location will be determined once I have confirmation on speakers and their availability.   As Brian @ Hamilton Audio is putting on a final Boomology show near the end of September, I want this to happen prior to that event.

Top Tier Imports

One day audio seminar coming soon - VERY soon...
    « on: August 22, 2014, 01:24 AM »

August 22, 2014, 10:37 AM #1

grdpndr Offline

September 04, 2014, 04:46 PM #2

jrkoff Offline

• Reputation Power: 9
    • jrkoff has no influence.
    is it goingto be similar to the jl school of sound vid?

(link for the lazy)

September 05, 2014, 11:52 PM #3

grdpndr Offline

Nice link!  Actually very similar to that.  I'll be letting the other guys set up the actual curriculum, so there will be somethings different (obviously) due to teaching style and also audience.  The link above is geared towards industry members at a JL Audio dealer seminar, so it's going to be going into different depths then a general consumer and enthusiast level would be.

Top Tier Imports

One day audio seminar coming soon - VERY soon...
        « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:52 PM »