Author Topic: Python 5202P 2 Way Starter/Alarm opinions  (Read 404 times)

August 29, 2014, 09:32 AM #0

Prelude Offline

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Prelude has no influence.
I am thinking about buying a Python 5202P 2 Way Starter/Alarm, I was given a pretty good price quote with install included. I have owned a Compustar 901 A before and loved it, but I now own a car that I don't plan on keeping for more than 2 years. It's basically a $220 difference for better range (2000ft vs 5000ft) and a LCD screen and vibrate on remote. I know the range difference is not a big deal for what I need. The vibrate on remote is useful for the alarm, sometimes if I am in a loud venue I won't be able to hear the remote sounding off. Has anyone had good experiences with Python?

Top Tier Imports

Python 5202P 2 Way Starter/Alarm opinions
    « on: August 29, 2014, 09:32 AM »

August 29, 2014, 09:33 AM #1

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 200
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
    I believe Python's parent company is Viper.

If your only going to keep the car for two years why even instal a car alarm?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

August 29, 2014, 12:30 PM #2

Prelude Offline

• Reputation Power: 1
      • Prelude has no influence.
      Originally posted by themikewoo

I live downtown and parked in a outdoor lot.

August 29, 2014, 07:16 PM #3

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
        • Bmoney has no influence.
        Originally posted by themikewoo

DEI (Directed Electronics) is the parent of both Viper and Python (and a millenia of other brands they've purchased, including Autostart).  They literally invented the game, so its safe to assume its a quality product. 

August 29, 2014, 09:57 PM #4

s-low Offline

• Vehicle: 14 F150, 10 Edge, 03 Accord, 09 V Star 950T
          • Reputation Power: 11
          • s-low has no influence.
          I have a Python 574 2-way alarm starter combo in my turck and it is an outstanding product. 0 issues with it so far. The range on the remote is excellent, and not having to ever change a battery (remote charges via usb) is fantastic. We have to change the battery in my girlfriend's Ultra Start 2-way remote every few weeks. The vibrate function works very well, as well as the remote is very loud. My girlfriend had the remote in her purse on the floor in class and above all of the chatter etc everyone could hear the remote going off when someone tried to open a door on my truck. Will definitely be going with Python or Viper products only from now on.

Top Tier Imports

Python 5202P 2 Way Starter/Alarm opinions
            « Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57 PM »