Author Topic: Chris' Garage - Neons, Mustangs, Evo, you name it. Projects galore.  (Read 3252 times)

June 17, 2012, 08:21 AM #0

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
Hello, everybody. I'm writing this right now (as opposed to doing something more interesting) because everyone in the group I'm traveling with is either extremely hung over or still drunk, so I have time to spare. Second, I need motivation to finish my projects. I'm not good at finishing projects (thanks for the "King of Unfinished Projects" t-shirt, Dave), and things don't look good from here. Regardless, here we go.

My name is Chris; I'm 24. I got my start in cars when I was 4 or 5, when I skipped preschool to go to a shop that my dad used to own in Lorette, MB. I took of minor pieces from parts cars, and generally observed how cars were rebuilt, fixed, and indeed scrapped.

I bought my first car when I was 13, a 1964 Mustang that I bought sight unseen out of southern Connecticut for $405 US ($620 CDN at the time since the exchange rate was so bad). It cost $800 to ship it up, but I had everything paid off by 15 thanks to flyer routes and stringent savings from gift money. I was, and still am, very proud of this car despite the fact that it has sat in a barn for the 11 years that I've owned it. (middle, back in the barn picture).

It's got very little rust, all original and mostly complete. It has the factory 260 ci V8 with C4 automatic transmission, power steering and other options. The original color is Caspian Blue with a white interior, which I think is a stunning combination. It will look like this one day with a few changes:

If I completely finish one project in my life, it will be my '64 - the love runs very deep in this car for me.

When I was 15, I realized that the 1964 would not be ready by the time I got my license (lol). Being the formidable Mustang troll that I was, I acquired this heap of a 1988 Mustang 5.0L GT for $1200, equipped with automatic and craptastic 2.73:1 diff gears. It came complete with defensive driving class papers from the previous owner.

There she is all fixed up. I threw a mountain of money at this car, which was quite the feat for me since I didn't make very much at the time. Modifications were:

-Built AOD transmission (I should have gone 5 speed)
-3.73:1 diff gears
-275/50R15 ET Streets (yeeeeee)
-235/40R18 Nitto NT555s with 18x9 Cobra R replica wheels in 5 lug
-Bassani headers & X-pipe
-Ford Racing Cobra intake manifold
-BBK cold air intake

I bought a ProCharger P600B kit for it, but got discouraged from being scammed on a pair of TrickFlow cylinder heads, then sold the supercharger. I then bought a 60-1 turbo kit, but realizing that tuning was going to be a massive issue for me, I sold that too. Then the car in 2007.

It went 14.39 @ 92 MPH, which was pretty slow, but it was fun and kept me in trouble in my teenage years. I went cruising every Sunday with Run Away in it, and thought I was cool. It worked at the time. Looking back through the pictures, I thought I wouldn't miss it since it was rusty and I modified it so badly, particularly in the good parts I bought but never installed. Unfortunately, I do miss the car.

I also had a 1990 Mazda RX-7 in the mix. I don't have pictures of it, but it was an okay car for the time I had it. Kind of slow and it drank gas, but it improved my view on rotaries a bit. I broke even on the car, which is a new record for me. I probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

My first true beater after beating the hell out of my parents' 1990 Accord was this gem, a 1997 Plymouth Neon Sport in Strawberry Red Pearl Metallic (glorified term for pink). I paid $2000 for it at MPI with hail damage in 2005, and it was a FANTASTIC beater.

I owned it for 3 years, racking up the kilometers. I bought an SRT4 turbo and intercooler, intending the make the car faster. The engine was not happy, so I decided against it. When I sold the car, it was just not feasible to fix it - everything was worn out or broken. I flipped it for $500, and I still see it from time to time. It was a noble beater.

So I got a fast Neon another way! A week after selling my 5.0L Mustang, on my 20th birthday, I bought this car out of the Denver, Colorado suburbs. It's a 1998 Neon R/T with a 2.4L engine from a Stratus and a Hahn Racecraft turbo kit, enough to give it 260whp and 300 ft.lbs of torque. It has gone 12.91 @ 105 on slicks.

Full mod list:
2.4L swap
HRC stage 2 w/ FMIC
Underdrive pulley
Custom made 3" exhaust with cat
Maddog custom short throw shifter
Aftermarket bushings and motor mounts
Mopar X-Highs front, Highs rear
KYB GR2 shocks
17" Motegi Trak-Lites with 215/40R17 Yokohama Parada Spec-IIs
Trunk-mounted battery
Custom made front splitter
Full range of Autometers
Power steering and AC delete
SRT4 ACR seats front and back
2nd generation Neon console
Momo shift boot
Steeda Mustang threaded shift knob
Megasquirt II v3.0 management

Big ups to Team Neon and Run Away for getting the car to run on Megasquirt. It doesn't idle properly because we jerry-rigged the wiring and some signal noise resulted, but we might get around to fixing that one day. It still has a lot of potential, especially with SRT4 pistons & rods and Megasquirt tuning. "Will I" is the question - I might sell this car, who knows. I had big plans at one time for this car. If you look at Dave's (boostfreak) build thread, he bought almost everything pictured from me at rock-bottom chums pricing. You're welcome, Dave.

Here's my other Neon R/T, I bought it just before selling my pink Neon. It was $400 and trashed, but I bought it because it matched my turbo car (white R/Ts are a pretty uncommon car). I fixed it and drove it for just under a year, when a kid in a minivan came and plowed into it on the street while I was at school one day. My dad saw it happen and chased the kid down, but the damage was done. MPI gave me $4700 for it (fools!)

(busted an axle in Gimli on the turbo car, thanks for bailing me out, Dad)

More Neon content: I bought this glorious pile of a Neon for $225 at MPI, outbidding the Buck's Auto scrapper. You might be thinking to yourself "$225 is way too much to pay for any Neon!", but this "special" car is a hyper-rare 1998 ACR in the rarest color! Only 329 ACR package Neons were made in 1998, and the majority of them were Dodges. This color was only available on the Plymouth Neon, making it stupid rare. The car was trashed, owned by a girl in Selkirk that didn't give 2 craps about it. The Koni suspension was still intact, but much work needed to be done.

Now:

This has essentially been my dad's project to go racing, but I don't know if he'll use it or not. Mods?
-205/55R15 Nitto NT01 R-comps
-Koni Yellow struts
-Prothane bushings
-Dodge Shadow steering rack (wicked fast)
-Hawk HPS brake pads
-Mopar Performance ECU
-PT Cruiser/Intrepid 2.7L valvetrain
-Tons of maintenance because it's a piece of crap. There's still lots to do, but WOW does it stick.

Also, a quick foray into SRT-4s after buying this slightly unhappy example and fixing it. My dad loved this car, but we had no place to put it for the winter and sold it.

I can't find any pictures, but my current beater is a 1995 Honda Civic CX hatchback, easily the best car I've ever had. It has never caused me grief and gets great gas mileage, obviously. I had everything to swap a DOHC VTEC F20B powertrain into it, but gave up on that, too because I wanted the car 100% reliable and issue-free. Boostfreak bought that swap from me, as well. I have no idea why.

The subject of my attention at the moment is this thing (observe Run Away's expression driving in the first pic):

Take that, cone. See also - Flemith filling his pants.

I bought the car looking so, so sorry from MPI. It was drifted into a curb and had positive camber on the right rear wheel, and the bumper was missing. The suspension was a quick fix, and I located a real Evo bumper in Atlanta (wtf?) with about 5 years of dust on it. It was beaten, and beaten hard in its life. It had just 42,000 km on it when I bought it, but it was abused for all of them.

Mods?
-A'Pexi N1 3" turbo-back exhaust
-HKS mushroom filter
-HKS SSQV BOV
-KYB Super Rally Special dampers, unknown springs
-Cusco H-brace
-Cusco strut tower bars
-Cusco brake stopper brace
-Cusco Safety-21 13-point roll cage
-Momo Champion steering wheel
-Bride racing seat
-Oil temperature, oil pressure, water temperature gauges
-MSD Lazer tach & boost gauge
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-205/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires
-17x7 Kosei K1-TS wheels
-ACT 2600 clutch
-Cusco shifter bushings
-C's Racing shifter

Awaiting installation:
-New set of 215/45R17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tires
-New set of Ksport Version-RR coilovers with custom spring rates (7.5K F, 10K R)
-New Whiteline 20mm rear sway bar
-New Ralliart motor mounts
-New Ralliart differential mounts
-New Ralliart rear trailing arm bushings
-New Forced Performance cast exhaust manifold
-New Mitsubishi Evo III 16G turbo
-New 3" stainless steel exhaust housing
-New gaskets for turbo, manifold and downpipe
-New Mitsubishi timing belt, balance shaft belt and NTK tensioner bearings
-New Turbosmart manual boost controller
-TurboXS bypass valve

I'm hoping to finish the car, but I just don't have time for it. It is a champion of a car - it has gone 12.39 @ 110 MPH on minimal modifications, and is a riot in corners.

Here's the interesting stuff. This is my all-time favorite individual car, a 1963 Jaguar XKE that my dad restored from the ground up to a car that would win a nationals car show judged by anal-retentive British tossers. His last XKE restoration got a pair of second-place finishes at Jaguar nationals shows; it lost points the first show because the owner didn't wipe a drop of polish off from under the hood. The second time, he forgot to blow dust out from a headlight. It was that perfect, right down to proper cadmium coating on all bolts, proper interior fabrics sourced from out-of-business British companies, etc. It's obsession to get a car to this level.
Anways, this Jaguar was finished when I was 13, and we delivered it to a gentleman (now billionaire, I think) in Virginia. Super humble guy, he actually raced the car. No kidding. I want this car back in the worst way, but I don't think I will have the means to do it anytime soon. Almost done in these pictures (stray 1964 Mustang on the street - quick restoration then shipped to Edmonton):

Here's my brother's Mustang that we're restoring for him. He knows nothing about cars, but he's willing to pay. More power to him. It's a 1965 fastback with the very rare 289 HiPo solid lifter engine, and it sounds good. Factory 4.11:1 gears with 4-speed, original powertrain. We have another one of these in even sadder shape, it's going to be started soon. This grey (red primer) car was a rusty pile when we bought it, but last time I saw it, it was almost done. It might be finished, actually - I haven't been home in awhile.

Miscellaneous project - 1972 Mustang convertible with a 351 Cobra Jet engine. We bought it from California with an order of destruction slapped to the windshield.

Here's where things get REALLY cool. We bought this 1971 Mustang off eBay for no real good reason. It was stripped to be a drag car, and obviously some metal work was done, albeit very badly. It has a kicker though - it's a factory 429 Super Cobra Jet car with the drag pack. Up until the new GT500, it was the fastest production Mustang ever. We bought the car with no powertrain, thinking we would just throw one in and go from there. It turns out that this car is just a bit more special than we originally thought.

Well, we started to piece together the history. The car has a serial number that would coincide with the 2nd week of production, but it was actually built over a month early. We got documents saying it was sold to Ford's Marketing division. Strange stuff. It was time to talk to previous owners.

The guy we bought the car from knew nothing about it, but forwarded us to the person he bought it from, and boy did he have a story. He says he bought it in 1980 from a guy that worked at Ford in their engineering department, and claimed the car was supposed to be destroyed, but he sneaked it out the back door instead. I'll cut to the chase - you are looking at the factory prototype for the one-year-only 1971 429 Mustang. It was assembled, tested, and stripped - all at the factory.

The story takes even more of a twist. We pieced together a whole powertrain for the car, getting ready for the restoration. I was surfing eBay one night, looking at 429 pieces. I came across a crappy looking motor and transmission, but complete. Reading through the description, I saw a very familiar 6-digit number written in - our car's serial number. Within 8 hours, a deal was struck and our prototype car was on its way to being reunited with its original powertrain. It turns out that Ford sent the powertrain to Holman-Moody in North Carolina (THE race shop that Ford turned to in the 60s and early 70s). For whatever reason, the motor never went anywhere until Holman-Moody sold it to a gentleman in Corpus Christi, Texas. The guy apparently cut a check for $20,000 in 1971 for the labor alone to balance and blueprint it (about $250,000 in 2012 dollars). It sat in a crate for 41 years after that, never being run. The motor's owner died, and his wife sold it. When we finally got it, we cracked it open to see the masterpiece that was built. The machine work is still fresh and gorgeous, and the motor is jam-packed with 1970 Boss 302 parts that were adapted, and many part numbers that don't exist in any Ford literature. The story about the car being a prototype turned out to be true, and my dad and I VERY quickly changed our outlook on how to restore this car.

We bought a parts car to weld in a floor assembly..

Check all of the paint marks and the numbers on the rockers. Automotive archaeology is COOL! The motor has never been run in its 42 years - it still has chalk marks inside from the factory!

I'll update this thread if I ever get anything done, or go home to see what my dad is up to. Right now, as my profile says, I live in Europe, and will for a few months (checking in at home for a couple days here and there). Cars are far on the backburner right now, but I'm hoping to get back into it one day.

I would like to thank my parents for their incredible support for my hobby, my best friend Ben (Run Away) for all the help and friendship along the way, and all of other the friends I've made on my journey. The members of Team Neon - Dave, C1 Chris, Tom and Keegan - are very special to me and I'm proud to know them.

It's time to do my homework and stare at cute Ukrainian girls :)  Cheers, ladies and gentlemen.
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:08 PM by Canadian CD9A
Originally posted by: Forced Performance
Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
Quote (selected)
The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
AWD Turbo Whiners Club

Top Tier Imports

June 17, 2012, 10:13 AM #1

Ralliart Guy Offline

• Vehicle: 2009 Mitsubishi Ralliart
    • Reputation Power: 14
    • Ralliart Guy has no influence.
    Wow I read the entire thread, hanging on every word. This almost sounds like a script for a movie LOL ! Congratualtions on the historic find and I look forward to more posts from you. Thank you much for sharing the automotive passion and I love the fact you, your friends and your Dad all do the work your selves.
    Too much to list. Check out my build thread
    http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1066

June 17, 2012, 10:22 AM #2

s-low Offline

• Vehicle: 14 F150, 10 Edge, 03 Accord, 09 V Star 950T
      • Reputation Power: 11
      • s-low has no influence.
      Wow that numbers-matching mustang is quite the story, and looks to be an amazing car! Looks like you have a pretty wild life haha, cool cars man.

June 17, 2012, 02:23 PM #3

NYKWHY Offline

• Reputation Power: 4
        • NYKWHY has no influence.

June 17, 2012, 06:24 PM #4

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
        • Reputation Power: 74
        • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
        Love that 65 Fastback! I'd happily spend my weekends polishing the undercarriage in the garage.

That ebay 429 score isn't luck it's a product of your research skills.

Striped out, lightweight, basic DSM go fast tricks, 3 locking differential. That EVO on on it's high boost setting is the single most bat**** crazy car I have ever been in, not because it's fast in a straight line but because you can put all that power down mid corner. Anxiously awaiting it's return to local motorsports competition.

the man totally understated the condition of that Neon ACR. It basically took a restoration to revive it. Post pictures of the Selkirk style dump interior when you first got it! That car is only a trick alignment,  big rear swaybar (which I can borrow) + Mopar x-high springs from being a auto-x carver just like mine. Plus you'll have 20hp over me, Do it!

So much thought and preparation went into the Turbo R/T, I can't let that one go uncredited. You spent countless hours researching that motor build, from figuring out what custom spec pistons and rings to order to spending multiple evenings on the phone with a pen and paper with the retired Chrysler engineer who oversaw Neon engines development on the other line.  The engine part out between Dave and myself gave me a whole new appreciation for doing things "right"(I'm sure Dave would  agree too.)  Dave and Myself are indebted to your research and acquisition of desirable hard to find parts. Cheers!

June 17, 2012, 07:10 PM #5

JayPe3 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
          • Reputation Power: 67
          • JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
          That mustang..
          Wow...

June 17, 2012, 07:24 PM #6

boostfreak Offline

• Vehicle: Meatball
            • Reputation Power: 38
            • boostfreak is working their way up.boostfreak is working their way up.boostfreak is working their way up.
            Well TTI, its official. The whole Neon crew is here. Congratulations.

I owe this particular man a lot. While I've spent hours on the phone with Ed the Engineer myself, and researching, it was this guy who answered most of the questions and found/had all the deals. A true Neon force to be reckoned with. Its too bad you'll end up selling them! :P

I'll deal with you owning a fast Evo, and I want to see the Mustang. I had no idea you had her locked away in a barn. Can it be in my barn instead?

I'll find a name for you in my sig.

While you're away, you should throw your old man my number. I'll gladly tow, haul, sand, paint, acquire, assemble, remove or kill anyone or anything he might need help with, lol.
            Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:52 PM by boostfreak
            BNRJAMZ
            '13 Fiat 500 Turbo
            Originally posted by: Igor
            i don't know why you would want to say its an sti, especially around people that know what they are looking at. like buddy, its a wrx, who cares. personally i find it insulting that he calls it an sti

June 17, 2012, 07:31 PM #7

JayPe3 Offline

• JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
              Get me some Si parts for chum prices.

June 17, 2012, 09:17 PM #8

BADWAGN Offline

• Vehicle: AUDI B7 Avant Stage II+
                • Reputation Power: 46
                • BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...BADWAGN might someday be someone...
                That is in-fact, a cool story bro!
                'I Hold The Worlds Record for Holding Worlds Records'

'It looks like you were talking when you should have been listening'

'I stuffed it in the lady hole one too many times today'

June 18, 2012, 06:17 AM #9

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
                  Originally posted by Ralliart Guy
                  Wow I read the entire thread, hanging on every word. This almost sounds like a script for a movie LOL ! Congratualtions on the historic find and I look forward to more posts from you. Thank you much for sharing the automotive passion and I love the fact you, your friends and your Dad all do the work your selves.

Thank you, I will do my best to keep everyone updated. It's a lot of fun for me to write, especially when it comes from experience.

Originally posted by s-low
                  Wow that numbers-matching mustang is quite the story, and looks to be an amazing car! Looks like you have a pretty wild life haha, cool cars man.

It is! My dad is a firm believer in fate, he feels as though this car was meant for him, and him only. He's still healing a 40-year old wound of selling a 1965 Mercury Comet A/FX (427 factory drag car) for a giveaway price. If you look around, you'll see what the car went for at auction two years ago. I think he's earned this one.

My life has its exciting moments, you just have to remember to slow down sometimes. Take time for what matters most.

Originally posted by NYKWHY
                  I had no idea.

Not many people do - we try to stay quiet about this. Some things should be shared, though!
                  Originally posted by Magner
                  Love that 65 Fastback! I'd happily spend my weekends polishing the undercarriage in the garage.

That ebay 429 score isn't luck it's a product of your research skills.

Striped out, lightweight, basic DSM go fast tricks, 3 locking differential. That EVO on on it's high boost setting is the single most bat**** crazy car I have ever been in, not because it's fast in a straight line but because you can put all that power down mid corner. Anxiously awaiting it's return to local motorsports competition.

the man totally understated the condition of that Neon ACR. It basically took a restoration to revive it. Post pictures of the Selkirk style dump interior when you first got it! That car is only a trick alignment,  big rear swaybar (which I can borrow) + Mopar x-high springs from being a auto-x carver just like mine. Plus you'll have 20hp over me, Do it!

So much thought and preparation went into the Turbo R/T, I can't let that one go uncredited. You spent countless hours researching that motor build, from figuring out what custom spec pistons and rings to order to spending multiple evenings on the phone with a pen and paper with the retired Chrysler engineer who oversaw Neon engines development on the other line.  The engine part out between Dave and myself gave me a whole new appreciation for doing things "right"(I'm sure Dave would  agree too.)  Dave and Myself are indebted to your research and acquisition of desirable hard to find parts. Cheers!

Thanks, Mag. Again, it's too much work for me to catch up at the moment and take on new endeavors. Want to donate some wrench time? Will trade for seat time :trollface:

Originally posted by JayPe3
                  That mustang..
                  Wow...

There's more, just wait ;)

Originally posted by boostfreak
                  Well TTI, its official. The whole Neon crew is here. Congratulations.

I owe this particular man a lot. While I've spent hours on the phone with Ed the Engineer myself, and researching, it was this guy who answered most of the questions and found/had all the deals. A true Neon force to be reckoned with. Its too bad you'll end up selling them! :P

I'll deal with you owning a fast Evo, and I want to see the Mustang. I had no idea you had her locked away in a barn. Can it be in my barn instead?

I'll find a name for you in my sig.

While you're away, you should throw your old man my number. I'll gladly tow, haul, sand, paint, acquire, assemble, remove or kill anyone or anything he might need help with, lol.

I like r00blerocket. I'll make sure to bring a few back from Ruskiland as a souvenir for everybody :) Noted on the offer for help..we do need a trailer the odd time.

Originally posted by JayPe3
                  Get me some Si parts for chum prices.

There was a GReddy turbo kit that sold for $700ish a few weeks ago on eBay..I was going to buy it just to have around (my boss had the first FG2 Si in the city, I've always had an interest in them). Maybe Dave's F20B header can be adapted  :lol:

Originally posted by thebigd1973
                  That is in-fact, a cool story bro!

Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
                  Quote (selected)
                  The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
                  AWD Turbo Whiners Club

June 18, 2012, 09:11 AM #10

SeñorScooby

Ah the Mustang Mach 1 body style, my most favourite of Mustangs.

June 18, 2012, 12:14 PM #11

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                      • Reputation Power: 141
                      • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                      awesome collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                      All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

June 18, 2012, 12:23 PM #12

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                        • Reputation Power: 85
                        • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                        How crap. That was a great story haha. Love the collection.
                        Originally posted by Winter Beater
                        If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

June 18, 2012, 01:03 PM #13

Rallyman Offline

• Vehicle: 04 Subaru wrx, 2006 CBR1000RR
                          • Reputation Power: 5
                          • Rallyman has no influence.
                          Really enjoyed that whole thing all the way through. Congrats on all the cars and are you gonna keep that mustang after its restored or sell it with the story? I hope you keep it because the story alone is priceless.
                          Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul!!

June 19, 2012, 07:46 PM #14

JayPe3 Offline

$700?
                            RLY?
                            Shoulda bought it.

June 22, 2012, 02:32 PM #15

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                              • Reputation Power: 108
                              • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                              Wow. I knew you and your dad had stuff, and skills, but I did not know to what extent. The Jag is mind blowing, as is the 429 Mustang. I'm unbelievably envious of that fact that you guys have the means to work on cars at that level.

June 22, 2012, 03:38 PM #16

Canadian CD9A Offline

Originally posted by firelizard
                                Wow. I knew you and your dad had stuff, and skills, but I did not know to what extent. The Jag is mind blowing, as is the 429 Mustang. I'm unbelievably envious of that fact that you guys have the means to work on cars at that level.

I wish I had 1/2 the talent and patience he did, I'd be set.
                                See also: http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/7697/index.html
                                Quote (selected)
                                AWD Turbo Whiners Club

Top Tier Imports

Chris' Garage - Neons, Mustangs, Evo, you name it. Projects galore.
                                  « Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38 PM »