Author Topic: Matt's sx4  (Read 1536 times)

April 13, 2016, 03:46 PM #25

TeamSX4 Offline

• Vehicle: Suzuki SX4 AWD, mk3 Supra, H22 EK Hatch
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • TeamSX4 has no influence.
Been a while since I've had time to work on the Zuk, but finally made the decision to go with lowering springs instead of coil overs. So I picked up a set of Tein S.Techs this week. There's mixed reviews about them on many different applications, but nothing about the SX4 so this will be a bit of a trial run.

Finally got some time off work so decided to get started on the install last night. Got started with the fronts. Was a bit of a learning process since I was unable to find much on suspension removal online. So the first one took a bit longer since it was a lot of trial and error. But once we finished it and new what we were doing, the second one went by in no time. It was getting late so decided to go for a quick test drive to make sure everything was solid and wheel clearance was good. Love the way it handled and wheel clearance was perfect so with the hard part out of the way, we called it a night.

Figured I'd finish the rears this morning. It was a fairly easy process since the springs are separate from the shocks. So it was just a matter of compressing the springs and removing them. Then compressed the Teins and installed them. Easy enough. Remounted the wheels and lowered it back to the ground. I achieved a 1.5" drop in the front and 1.7" drop in the rear so it sits nice and level. I'm very happy with the results, it's a subtle drop but looks and handles great. Now fingers crossed that the xxr's still fit. I'm still not sure how I feel about the core's.
Check out more MT Garage projects here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyhOCbO0kLDuVIAILbYdIQg

Top Tier Imports

Matt's sx4
    « Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 03:46 PM »

June 07, 2017, 10:22 AM #26

TeamSX4 Offline

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

Haven't done much to the Zuk since the Tein's other than an LED headlight install. Some people were wondering where the xxr's went. Had to sell them to buy Honda parts which left me with those awful Core's (had to use something). New wheel and tire setup coming soon so stay tuned. In the mean time, here's how my OPT7 LED headlight install went:

June 07, 2017, 01:07 PM #27

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
      • Reputation Power: 120
      • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
      I always liked this rig
      BAASSSSSSS
      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
      Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

June 07, 2017, 11:57 PM #28

TeamSX4 Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
        I always liked this rig
        Thanks man! Feels good to finally post an update. Had the car for 4.5 years now and still love it. Perfect as a daily anyway. 

Appointment for new tires has been made for next week so stay tuned for pics with the new wheel setup.

Top Tier Imports

Matt's sx4
          « Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 11:57 PM »